Screen protector?

Guest Rothariger

Guest Rothariger

hello,

does somebody has bought a screen protector?

i have always buy duratec for my previous PDA, but in other forum they recommend the martin fields...

which one would you buy???

Guest automoveis
hello,

does somebody has bought a screen protector?

i have always buy duratec for my previous PDA, but in other forum they recommend the martin fields...

which one would you buy???

Hi,

Martin fields is the best screen protector.

Guest FerdiBorbon

Dont get Race Shield, its too fussy and hard to apply it on your phone...i couldnt even get the screen one on, and i still had the full body to go, i threw it away...what a waste of 30$

• 1 month later...
Guest tacchan23
I went with clear-coat

http://www.clear-coat.com/product.php?prod...t=56&page=1

pretty good, full body and very resistant to scratches. fingerprints just wipes right off and doesn't affect the screen at all.

Love the free shipping and lifetime guarentee.

How is clear-coat on the edges? I tried some custom made covering here in Bangkok but it was really a shitty material/job, the edges didn't really ever got smooth and gathered a lot of dust... I removed all of it after some days.

Also is the visibility of the screen still good?

Guest silvos3189

for the clear-coat... the edges of the screen protector does a very good job. doesn't gather any dust at all for me and appears to stick very well to the phone. Visibility of the screen is still as clear as ever since I believe it's a ultra-clear type of screen protector.

the back protector though... be warned... it does not cover the entire back cover and leaves some areas unprotected... and I notice these collect dust on the edges, probably cuase it's kind of raised up by the protector. But just wiping them is enough to get hte dust free. I just love the feel of the protector on the back and how that protector is hard to make scratches on. Though i only tried with casual use and not willing to try high risking ones.

so i think if your only thinking of protecting the screen, you might be happy with just the screen protector

I use a full-body invisibleShield from Zagg. It was very easy to place on the phone and fits quite well. It is very thin and I do not notice it in daily use. No negative effect on light output from the phone. The shield is very scratch resistant. The surface is less slippery now but the phone is still quite fingerprint prone. I am not sure if any of the shields are able to fix the problem with fingerprints.

Hi

I will get Omnia II in couple of days, is there screen protector

in the box?

Thanks

Anyone?

With 3 Htc phones (D,TP,TP2) I get screen protector with phones in the box

Dont get Race Shield, its too fussy and hard to apply it on your phone...i couldnt even get the screen one on, and i still had the full body to go, i threw it away...what a waste of 30$

Hi FerdiBorbon... I'm using Race Shield (body and screen protector).

Here in Singapore the store where I bought it will also apply it on your phone.

So far I must say it's pretty good. I dont have to use any casing.

Sunlight visibility is average. I can see the screen but definitely worse than indoor....

Guest insoniq
Anyone?

With 3 Htc phones (D,TP,TP2) I get screen protector with phones in the box

Doesn't come with a screen protector.

It does come with protective stickers, though, that I am yet to remove (front & back of phone)

I guess you can use it for a while until you buy one.

Hi,

Martin fields is the best screen protector.

2 questions on the Martin Field screen protector:

i) Does it finger print easily?

ii) Does it scratch easily?

Or is there a clear protect that is able to minimize finger printer and not scratch easily?

Thx

Edited by crzcar

Or is there a clear protect that is able to minimize finger printer and not scratch easily?

Thx

I am using the martin field

i) Does it finger print easily? Yes, it does

ii) Does it scratch easily? For me, I have a few scratches on the protector after a month of usage. (This may defer with different users)

I believe if you don't want your protector to have too many finger prints,you have to use those anti-glare type. That is provided if you are willingly to sacrifice the clarity of the screen if you go for the anti-glare.

Edited by xanden

Doesn't come with a screen protector.

It does come with protective stickers, though, that I am yet to remove (front & back of phone)

I guess you can use it for a while until you buy one.

Hi

Thank you very much.

It is usefull information for me, I will have to purchase screen protector

Regards

Thx

Thx for responding... I will give it a thought! :)

Guest willdmo

Hi,

i use Zagg invisible too and too the full body. For me it was hard to aply it and i hat big problems to play games like Blockbreaker because my fingers nearly clued to the shield, so u never will have the Problem that ur phone slip out off ur hand, its still very sensitive and i love to write with it, if u switch on the displaylight (i use it without displaylight to save battery) than u can see ething in the sunlight. and after two days i got used to the new surface too. Its not visible but if u wanna apply it to ur i8k than u must take u time. It includes skin vor the telephon keys too ant ther is the grip simply awesome. One Xtra, i got nowhere scratches and twice i putted accidantly my keys in the same pocket like the phone and realiced it only hours later...

not the cheapest and not the easiest to apply, but if u wanna keep save ur phone, i think the best

Guest endursa

i had the invisble shield by zagg on my omnia 2 screen, i only used the screen protector, not the keys but i ripped it off a few days cause i couldn't stand the rather sticky surface the comes with it, i always misstyped when smsing fast because of the surface, and i tought i felt rather unsensitive in comparison to no screen protector! 

but i'm looking for a new screen protector to give a try! 

what i've seen noew from the clear coating video is that it looks really the same as the invis shield by zagg?!? can someone confirm this?

Edited by endursa

Guest inmatrixout
i had the invisble shield by zagg on my omnia 2 screen, i only used the screen protector, not the keys but i ripped it off a few days cause i couldn't stand the rather sticky surface the comes with it, i always misstyped when smsing fast because of the surface, and i tought i felt rather unsensitive in comparison to no screen protector!

but i'm looking for a new screen protector to give a try!

what i've seen noew from the clear coating video is that it looks really the same as the invis shield by zagg?!? can someone confirm this?

Try Martin Fields... not sticky, more thick and transparent than zagg! I have to use both of them and I give Martin Fields an advance!