Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II

2 questions on the Martin Field screen protector:

i) Does it finger print easily?
ii) Does it scratch easily?

Or is there a clear protect that is able to minimize finger printer and not scratch easily?

Thx

Thx for responding... I will give it a thought! :)

willdmo

willdmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:I8000
  • Twitter:@none
Hi,
i use Zagg invisible too and too the full body. For me it was hard to aply it and i hat big problems to play games like Blockbreaker because my fingers nearly clued to the shield, so u never will have the Problem that ur phone slip out off ur hand, its still very sensitive and i love to write with it, if u switch on the displaylight (i use it without displaylight to save battery) than u can see ething in the sunlight. and after two days i got used to the new surface too. Its not visible but if u wanna apply it to ur i8k than u must take u time. It includes skin vor the telephon keys too ant ther is the grip simply awesome. One Xtra, i got nowhere scratches and twice i putted accidantly my keys in the same pocket like the phone and realiced it only hours later...

not the cheapest and not the easiest to apply, but if u wanna keep save ur phone, i think the best

endursa

endursa

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S / HTC One X
  • Twitter:@endursa
i had the invisble shield by zagg on my omnia 2 screen, i only used the screen protector, not the keys but i ripped it off a few days cause i couldn't stand the rather sticky surface the comes with it, i always misstyped when smsing fast because of the surface, and i tought i felt rather unsensitive in comparison to no screen protector! 

but i'm looking for a new screen protector to give a try! 

what i've seen noew from the clear coating video is that it looks really the same as the invis shield by zagg?!? can someone confirm this?

Edited by endursa, 24 October 2009 - 05:07 PM.

inmatrixout

inmatrixout

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2 & Omnia II

i had the invisble shield by zagg on my omnia 2 screen, i only used the screen protector, not the keys but i ripped it off a few days cause i couldn't stand the rather sticky surface the comes with it, i always misstyped when smsing fast because of the surface, and i tought i felt rather unsensitive in comparison to no screen protector!

but i'm looking for a new screen protector to give a try!

what i've seen noew from the clear coating video is that it looks really the same as the invis shield by zagg?!? can someone confirm this?

Try Martin Fields... not sticky, more thick and transparent than zagg! I have to use both of them and I give Martin Fields an advance!

stu_2k1

stu_2k1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900, OMNIA2
Im looking at getting this InvisibleSHIELD Full Body Protector from

http://www.blueunplu...p.aspx?p=139528

But after reading some of the sticker figures reviews mite change my mind

Edited by stu_2k1, 26 October 2009 - 03:18 PM.

Omnia2
WM6.5 / Android

Posted Image

Zigo

Zigo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
The thing I'm looking for most in a screen protector (other than being quite thin and preferably unnoticeable, of course) is one that makes the screen easy to glide your finger/thumb across. I'm not too bothered if the sharpness/brightness/colour of the screen is reduced slightly, I just don't like when my thumb sticks to the screen.

I think a "matt" feel (as opposed to "glossy"/"shiny"/"ultra clear") is what I'm looking for.

I've read that anti-glare protectors work like this, though I'm yet to find definitive reviews that state which are good for ultra smooth finger gliding.

Can anyone advise me of any good protectors like this?

Rothariger

Rothariger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Devices:HTC One
  • Twitter:@Rothariger
well,

i bought a martin fields and its great... the only con i found is that the phone is finger friendly but the screen protector isnt, so you must to clean the screen protector almost every time you touch the screen! :D

Tranceh

Tranceh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I have bought both anti glare screen protectors and normal ones. The anti-glare ones (matte) that reduce finger prints and smudges have the downsize of degrading the image quality. They have this grainy texture which becomes visible and it's quite annoying. So after trying that for a while I went back to the normal glossy ones that do not alter image quality but are pretty much a fingerprint magnet.

As for an external protection I bought a transparent hard case and I'm pretty satisfied with it. Solid and not so bad looking.

Posted Image

Zigo

Zigo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

The anti-glare ones (matte) that reduce finger prints and smudges have the downsize of degrading the image quality. They have this grainy texture which becomes visible and it's quite annoying.

Which anti-glare ones have you tried?
Do you have any photos to compare the image quality with one on compared to without?

crzcar

crzcar

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

well,

i bought a martin fields and its great... the only con i found is that the phone is finger friendly but the screen protector isnt, so you must to clean the screen protector almost every time you touch the screen! :P

Got myself a martin field too on Saturday. The display is crystal clear... I like it a lot... the cons aside from finger prints I got scratches the first day I use it with a stylus... very upset :D . Not sure how others feedback on the scratch resistance!

Edited by crzcar, 28 October 2009 - 01:31 AM.

MaRhOoN

MaRhOoN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 2
Hey there

I found this site when I was looking for screen protector, it is a reliable site, great product (full body protector) and very fast (FREE) international shipping I recommend it.

http://www.gadgetshi...tors-skins.html

check it out, you can find for O2 and many other devices.

Attached Files

Rothariger

Rothariger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Devices:HTC One
  • Twitter:@Rothariger

Got myself a martin field too on Saturday. The display is crystal clear... I like it a lot... the cons aside from finger prints I got scratches the first day I use it with a stylus... very upset :D . Not sure how others feedback on the scratch resistance!

yes its true, i have scratched with the nail the second or third day, very easy...

did someone test the duratec-hightec ???

farookh

farookh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

any of you use Clarivue screen protector ?

also most of you using the anti glare type or clear type screen protector ?

I got these but stay away dont buy this its very clear and smooth and easy to apply.

But i hardly had it on for a couple of hours and had a whole lot of scratches on the protector my hands are rough but no other screen protector got scratched so soon and so easly.

crzcar

crzcar

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Hey there

I found this site when I was looking for screen protector, it is a reliable site, great product (full body protector) and very fast (FREE) international shipping I recommend it.

Have u tried it? How is the clarity and scratch resistance? It says scratch proof...

ahardie

ahardie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Hey there

After reading your post I googled gadgetshieldz and found their product was well reviewed. I've been desperate to get a proper screen protector as I was still using my Omnia with the temporary protector that comes fitted to the device. I sent for it and have had it fitted for about a week now and I can say that it seems to be an excellent product. It was far easier to fit than I thought it would be and it appears to be extremely tough and clear and it protects the whole phone not just the screen. Best bit was it was only about £3.75, sent all the way from India to the UK.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Edited by ahardie, 13 November 2009 - 08:33 PM.

CrazyDr

CrazyDr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i8000
I use a full-body invisibleShield from Zagg.
I like it!

PeterPan0815

PeterPan0815

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
i use this > Vikuiti DQC160 from 3M.
very good.

hudyss

hudyss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2
I use a full-body invisibleShield from Zagg too, but on screen I have anti-glare by Brando.

HTC HD2  rom: Topix 1.1  radio: 2.04.50.22_2
IGO 8.3.2.97313 map: TA 2009.09 
TT7 map: 840.2561 

williamclw

williamclw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:i8000 omnia 2
keep inmind that zagg invisible shield is not scratch proof as stated.. IT can still be scratch simply by using a fork. no scratches when using a pen or stylus tho.

hckrohz

hckrohz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
I'm using Vikuiti DQC-160 which is really great and worked fine also on my omnia1, no scratches after months only a little bit of dust in the lower corners (after months)!

Absolutly satisfying :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users