You can now create a customised ROM containing only the parts you required - click here to read more about the MoDaCo Custom Custom ROM online kitchen!
MCR now includes a MoDaCo Custom Kernel modified by Teknologist, TCK, for additional features.
MCR now optionally includes Wavesecure in ROM, allowing you to lock / locate / wipe your device remotely in the event of loss and be notified if the SIM is changed. The application cannot be uninstalled by a thief and we we have actively worked with Wavesecure to ensure that your settings will survive a hard reset!
This ROM is based on the 2.73.x release series (currently 2.73.771.73 together with my own optimisations) for the best possible performance! The ROM is now available in 2 core versions, with and without Chinese input, with optional add on packs that can be applied to either ROM.
Included in the 'core' version
- Built with my new MCR build process which reduces size and boost speed of the ROM
- Includes Teknologist's Custom Kernel 1.91 featuring additional filesystem support (EXT4, NFS, CramFS, SquashFS 4.0), CompCache modules and config, DroidWall support and much more! See here for details.
- Rooted with 'adb remount' permission and superuser APK
- A2SD included (fully automatic - thanks cyanogen!) - create a EXT2, EXT3 or EXT4 partition as your second partition to use. dalvik-cache remains on device.
- Added Jbed Java
- Added Google Voice Search and required speech library
- Added Dropbear SSH server running by default, check 'About' screen for password (port 2222). You can now remove this by running /system/bin/removedropbear.sh
- Added Notes app from Dragon ROM
- Added Spare Parts (run it and switch the 2 animation types to 'fast' for an even better experience!)
- Added android-wifi-tether 1.60 pre3 (props to the developer, this is a great app!)
- Added WiFi Status indicator, with kind permission of Andrew Schwimmer
- Added busybox 1.15.3 with Droid Explorer support
- Added Titanium Backup
- Added all 4 available HTC widgets
- Added nano 2.09 - text editor for use in shell mode
- Added parted and sqlite tools
- Added terminfo and settings to boot.img to allow nano etc. use
- Added files required for Debian linux including loxley's updated bootdeb script
- Added huge APN list
- Moved Quickoffice to data partition to allow easy uninstall
- Deleted 'Learn More' application
- ROM now includes touch focus in Camera app
- ROM now supports shortcuts using BetterCut (and therefore I assume anycut!) in Rosie
- Silenced boot sound (it's still there and can be reactivated with a file edit)
- You can now check your MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) version from the about menu
Included in main 'enhanced' add on pack
- Added Business Card Scanner
- Added 'Plurk' client (currently unavailable)
- Added WAP browser
Other optional add on packs (apply as normal update zips)
- 'WaveSecure' add on pack (puts Wavesecure in ROM - it is no longer in core)
- 'Boot Sounds' add on pack (restores boot sounds)
- 'Hebrew Fonts' add on pack (installs hebrew fonts)
Recommended applications (available from the market)
- More Locale for setting non english Locales
This ROM is also available customised to your exact requirements in the MoDaCo Custom Custom ROM online kitchen in the second post of this topic - check it out!
'Core': DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: d767e7335a4bb6ef022e7d3082f28bb7
'Enhanced' add on pack: DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro)
'Wavesecure' add on pack: http://www.wavesecure.com/installations/update.zip
'Boot Sounds' add on pack: DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro)
'Hebrew Fonts' add on pack: DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro)
ENSURE YOU DO A NANDROID BACKUP SO YOU CAN 'ROLL BACK' IF REQUIRED!
A 'wipe' is MANDATORY when installing this ROM if you are coming from pre MCR 1.2 or a stock 1.x ROM, and you MUST do this BEFORE applying the update zip (as the update zip puts files on the data partition)! I also recommend you install the latest radio from my 'update zips' topic if you have not done so.
Please note that first boot may take a little while, especially if you have a lot of apps on your A2SD partition. Be patient! If you want a real clean start or you have issues with your existing A2SD installed apps when you boot, you need to wipe your EXT3 partition on SD too by executing 'adb shell rm -r /system/sd/app', 'adb shell rm -r /system/sd/app-private' and 'adb shell reboot'
The ROM is in an update.zip format for installation via the custom recovery image, I also strongly recommend installing the latest radio (63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 at time of writing). As always, do a Nandroid backup before you do anything... just in case!
For the complete newbies, these are the steps you need to take with a 'virgin' Hero:
- Download the patched recovery image linked above and install as detailed in that post
- Download this custom ROM, and copy it to your SD card
- Enter the recovery image (if you're not in it already) by powering on while pressing 'home'
- Select 'nandroid backup' from the menu to do a backup
- If you copied the custom rom as update.zip, select 'apply sdcard:update.zip', else select the option below.
- all done
If you would like to remove parts of the ROM that you do not use, see this post.
Feedback / feature requests welcome!
Finally, if you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.