Photo

10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

* * * * * 26 votes

• Please log in to reply
5696 replies to this topic

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,253 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
My setup on a 8GB card is a 32MB swap partition is partition 3, 512MB EXT3 as partition 2, then the main partition 1 as the rest - setup using gparted from ubuntu (via the live CD works fine!)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

rjefferis

rjefferis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

More things noticed, Superuser permissions will not load and the People application force closes. Facebook pictures still will not load although link is active (statuses are updated).

Just noticed that the memory card seems to have lost the partitions, and has reverted to one single partion...would I be right in thinking this is the problem?

I am having the same issues listed here. Both with 1.0 and 1.1.

I installed the custom restore jobby, then 1.0 then reset to factory. Booted fine but just these probs.

Then i installed 1.1 rebooted, installed newer radio, rebooted, factory reset, then re-formatted memory card. Still same problems.

I am using exchange activesync for my contacts and things.

(edit: one weird thing, after doing all this, i go into some of my contacts, and it is listing a status update on facebook, without me having to re-attach their profile. It is not a profile that would auto link as the name in the phone is quite different. The picture is not coming across though. I wonder if there is some detail stored in the contact info to link it to the facebook profile and this is being re-synced across with the exchange stuff. Maybe this is causing a problem.)

(edit 2: right, i have now noticed that there is a bit in the notes part of the contact detail that tells it about the facebook linking, if i remove this though in outlook, re sync contacts, re link the profile, i just get the force close thing. hmmmm)

Edited by rjefferis, 26 August 2009 - 04:51 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,253 posts
Investigating!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

packetlss

packetlss

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Yeah - I think swap being the second partition is your problem.

P

Yup, that was it. Shuffled the ext3 to partition 2 and stuff worked like a charm, incl. Swapper. Radio update worked awesome aswell.

On another note, thanks alot for all the work you do for the community Paul, it is much appreciated.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,253 posts
No problem! :D

For those saying Facebook pictures aren't downloading properly, all fine here!

P

Posted Image

munkimatt

munkimatt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S III, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@munkimatt

I am having the same issues listed here. Both with 1.0 and 1.1.

I installed the custom restore jobby, then 1.0 then reset to factory. Booted fine but just these probs.

Then i installed 1.1 rebooted, installed newer radio, rebooted, factory reset, then re-formatted memory card. Still same problems.

I am using exchange activesync for my contacts and things.

(edit: one weird thing, after doing all this, i go into some of my contacts, and it is listing a status update on facebook, without me having to re-attach their profile. It is not a profile that would auto link as the name in the phone is quite different. The picture is not coming across though. I wonder if there is some detail stored in the contact info to link it to the facebook profile and this is being re-synced across with the exchange stuff. Maybe this is causing a problem.)

(edit 2: right, i have now noticed that there is a bit in the notes part of the contact detail that tells it about the facebook linking, if i remove this though in outlook, re sync contacts, re link the profile, i just get the force close thing. hmmmm)

I'm in exactly the same boat as above (except I'm not using exchange, everything with me is via Google contacts) and also having the force close issue with attempting to link Facebook contacts.

Just to let you know Paul, I've tried 1.1 now as well, and re-partitioned the card and still no joy. card is set as follows.

Number Start End Size Type Files System Flags
1 512B 7200mb 7200mb primary fat32 lba
2 7200mb 7700mb 500mb primary ext3
3 7700mb 7732mb 32.0mb primary linux-swap(v1)

if you need anything else, just let me know

munkimatt

munkimatt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S III, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@munkimatt

No problem! :D

For those saying Facebook pictures aren't downloading properly, all fine here!

P

Out of interest, where are your contacts stored? (Just trying to find any clues as to why they aren't downloading here!)

rjefferis

rjefferis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
i have just tried hard resetting the phone, before setting it up again i went through in outlook and removed all the notes sections that link to the facebook profiles for every contact.

I then re setup the phone and tried linking the profiles again from scratch. I have about 250 contacts and it auto linked about 30, as soon as it got to the end of the little bar it crashed again.

The error (The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again) Seemed to be quite common on the G1 didnt it? Probably unrelated though.

EDIT!! (Couple more point to note 1. It seems to crash on mine, even if i only have the link birthday thing ticked and no photo. 2. If you are doing people 1 at a time it crashes, but it does seem to actually do it. ie. The picture does change to their fb pic when you next load it.

Edited by rjefferis, 26 August 2009 - 06:28 PM.

Kaka

Kaka

Chancer!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Lan Gaming, Smartphones
  • Devices:HTC One, Nexus 7
Paul. Just tried it. Installed perfectly. Works a treat. Thanks man! btw first time here in years. Since qtek 8310 and previous SPV's. Good to be back hehehe

"It Wasn't Me"

J273

J273

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Interests:Phones / computers / Cars
  • Devices:WHITE IPHONE 3GS
  • Twitter:@J273

The one thing I miss having an iPhone - fiddling!

Same :D

Flickr
Iphone / Asus p750 / Samsung I780

AndyMac

AndyMac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

For anyone having the problem...

OK !.... you had my heart stopped for about five minutes while it rebooted... It stuck on the HTC letters and I was a worried little Android Noob.
With WinMo I always had such confidence in ROMing or moding any of my devices.... for some reason I hesitated all day on this

That said.... well what can I say but a HUGE THANK YOU!
This works a TREAT!

Many thanks,

Andy
:D

Andy

ST620 WinMo 6.1

http://www.linkedin.com/in/mccreath
http://blogs.conchan.../andrewmccreath
Andrew McCreath

rjefferis

rjefferis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I just tried a hard reset, didnt set any sync relationships up or anything.

Added 1 contact with just a name in the details, then logged into facebook and attached a fb profile to my blank contact, and....

It still crashes, weird.

AndyMac

AndyMac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
One quick question in Settings ===> Status I see Voice MSISN Line 1 with a foriegn phone number 077724........ could this have been the number on my SIM b4 I ported my number across? Hadn't noticed it b4

Also I have the error for Facebook Link

Sorry!
The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again
Force Close

It then closed the process, I restarted and it worked... wierd

Then it did a soft reboot (flashed the HTC screen and then sate at a blank home screen saying loading for 30 secs.

Edited by AndyMac, 26 August 2009 - 08:09 PM.

Andy

ST620 WinMo 6.1

http://www.linkedin.com/in/mccreath
http://blogs.conchan.../andrewmccreath
Andrew McCreath

rjefferis

rjefferis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

One quick question in Settings ===> Status I see Voice MSISN Line 1 with a foriegn phone number 077724........ could this have been the number on my SIM b4 I ported my number across? Hadn't noticed it b4

Also I have the error for Facebook Link
Sorry!
The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again
Force Close

It then closed the process, I restarted and it worked... wierd

Then it did a soft reboot (flashed the HTC screen and then sate at a blank home screen saying loading for 30 secs.

Seems to be more than just us lot with this problem.

http://androidforums...ero-issues.html

I assume they are running stock roms.

dalim

dalim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

For those of you who are having the facebook contacts problem and peoples widget force closing, i had the same issue after doing a factory reset with the stock rom. Before updating to custom rom.

I manually re-attached links to all contacts and facebook profiles, had to apply profile images to each contact too. Used Taskiller to stop/start people widget. All was fine after that.

I wonder those who are wiping/factory resetting as part of custom rom install are having this problem only??

geovass

geovass

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

so, this is a common problem with stock rom? i am facing it as well. I have hard reset several times and reload the htc hero stock rom. The error exists on FB sync...

Rich Cranney

Rich Cranney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
Hi Paul,

Just installed this on my T-Mobile G2, works great.

How do I get this partition 2 and 3 on the SD card? I'm new to the android world so sorry if its a daft question.

Posted Image
Donations more than welcome if you like my work or think I've helped :o)

rjefferis

rjefferis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

so, this is a common problem with stock rom? i am facing it as well. I have hard reset several times and reload the htc hero stock rom. The error exists on FB sync...

Well i didnt have this issue prior to installing this rom, however looking at the posts on the android forum they seem to be experiencing it with the stock rom as well. It is however interesting that all the posts on the other forum were from today. Other than that i couldnt find much about this error on the hero. I am wondering whether their phones that they have got in the last couple of days have slightly newer builds than our stock roms, or whether there is something else that has caused this problem in the last day or so.

The plot thickens.

AlThePost

AlThePost

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:Hero, Desire Z, Galaxy S2
  • Twitter:@AlBremner
Many thanks, Paul.

The process went smoothly (apart from the "E: Failure at line 388:" abort but a wipe and retry sorted that) and everything is functioning as expected here. I can't comment on the FB-related issue though as I'm not a user. No probs viewing or re-downloading any paid apps afterwards, and it's nice to finally have Swapper's "information" available.

Thanks again for your work - it's much appreciated.

/Al

Samsung Galaxy S2/Orange UK
Forum Mod - Android Forums
@AlBremner

geovass

geovass

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Well i didnt have this issue prior to installing this rom, however looking at the posts on the android forum they seem to be experiencing it with the stock rom as well. It is however interesting that all the posts on the other forum were from today. Other than that i couldnt find much about this error on the hero. I am wondering whether their phones that they have got in the last couple of days have slightly newer builds than our stock roms, or whether there is something else that has caused this problem in the last day or so.

The plot thickens.

this is odd... lets see on the following days...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users