new facebook app...

Guest snapz54

Guest snapz54
There is a facebook app for WM already (as mentioned). I have it on my phone and I don't think it's bad at all.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-...s/facebook.mspx

By the way, what does this have to do with ROM discussion?

well pantsman,

The chefs that cook up the roms here are always on the cutting edge of what's available. They find it or they know the people who can find it. Why don't you leave the moderating to the mods buddy.

and of course there are a couple facebook apps, the one that is cooked into most roms right now is the "leaked" 6.5 version that's been out since about march I think. The new facebook iphone app looks loads more finger friendly and you can upload video through the app which is a new feature I guess.

I think a bigger question is...

WHY ARE YOU AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU SO QUICK TO DISMISS A DISCUSSION THAT COULD AT BEST LEAD TO PROGRESS AND AT WORST DO NOTHING AND GET BURIED UNDER NEW POSTS??? This post was just a little tidbit to hopefully spark a little conversation about what's coming down the pipeline.

sheeple make me nervous

my e-penis is bigger. and i don't even need more posts than you or caps to show it.. so nyah nyah nyah nyah nyaaah.

no but seriously, im pretty sure there is no new app. just the one that been out.

and i duno what your issues are with it, but the buttons are decent finger size and i can upload video and photos on the fly. I also like the new flick photos to move next feature.

im running version 1.007 on a harts 6.5 b23034

and i think pants was just saying your question should be in the application section, not the rom section. As only did you mention using on a cooked rom in your second post. but now that you mention you are using cooked roms and wondering about the version its all good. -i have not used the facebook installed in cooked roms, even when i flashed to one with a cooked facebook i still reloaded the cab with the one i dloaded to my mem card, so maybe someone else can comment about which version is on there. I also imagine their could be a few versions floating around in roms too

I'll say it. The WinMo Facebook app blows.

Its better than some of the 3rd party things that were floating aroung, but its pretty worthless. You can't really see or participate in any "wall" discussions or comments (at least not that I have found). I can rarely get the photos to scroll to the next image. I get one photo and it just hangs there. I seem to miss a lot of activity. If I compare whats on my phone to what is on the desktop version, there are huge gaps of updates I just dont get on the mobile version.

Edited by pallen

I'll say it. The WinMo Facebook app blows.

Its better than some of the 3rd party things that were floating aroung, but its pretty worthless. You can't really see or participate in any "wall" discussions or comments (at least not that I have found). I can rarely get the photos to scroll to the next image. I get one photo and it just hangs there. I seem to miss a lot of activity. If I compare whats on my phone to what is on the desktop version, there are huge gaps of updates I just dont get on the mobile version.

I have to agree. The WinMo version is lightweight. I've gotten to the point where I use WinMo Facebook, Skybook, AND Facebook mobile web, and each has their seprate purposes. It would be nice to get them into one functional mobile client. The iPhone screen cap looks sweet.

Guest pantsman
well pantsman,

The chefs that cook up the roms here are always on the cutting edge of what's available. They find it or they know the people who can find it. Why don't you leave the moderating to the mods buddy.

and of course there are a couple facebook apps, the one that is cooked into most roms right now is the "leaked" 6.5 version that's been out since about march I think. The new facebook iphone app looks loads more finger friendly and you can upload video through the app which is a new feature I guess.

WHY ARE YOU AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU SO QUICK TO DISMISS A DISCUSSION THAT COULD AT BEST LEAD TO PROGRESS AND AT WORST DO NOTHING AND GET BURIED UNDER NEW POSTS??? This post was just a little tidbit to hopefully spark a little conversation about what's coming down the pipeline.

sheeple make me nervous

Wow...sorry for offending you so much with a simple question. For clarification, I did not intend to dismiss the discussion. Merely trying to participate and ask a question about something I didn't understand. You could've easily left your response to the first 2 sentences and that would be the end of it. No need to get all bent out of shape buddy.

Guest blazingwolf
well pantsman,

sheeple make me nervous

In my opinion this does not belong in the ROM forum. It should have been asked in the main forum.

Guest snapz54
In my opinion this does not belong in the ROM forum. It should have been asked in the main forum.

I respect your opinion wolf, as I respect your abilities in the kitchen. It just feels like the main forum is limbo. Things just get lost out there. I think if pants didn't say anything this topic would have taken the natural course it eventually did.

I stand by my decision to bring up the fact that it disturbs me how many people object to stuff like this, I'm not spamming or trying to sell something and the fact is this, simply:

When this app is updated EVERY rom will include it once the community finds out. EVERY ROM. Especially with the facebook panel being a standard in many roms today.

I'm not asking about mylostblog's stopwatch app or vito audionotes or some random app that some of us use, this is something that EVERY ROM WILL INCLUDE.

I rest my case.

Guest blazingwolf
I respect your opinion wolf, as I respect your abilities in the kitchen. It just feels like the main forum is limbo. Things just get lost out there. I think if pants didn't say anything this topic would have taken the natural course it eventually did.

I stand by my decision to bring up the fact that it disturbs me how many people object to stuff like this, I'm not spamming or trying to sell something and the fact is this, simply:

When this app is updated EVERY rom will include it once the community finds out. EVERY ROM. Especially with the facebook panel being a standard in many roms today.

I'm not asking about mylostblog's stopwatch app or vito audionotes or some random app that some of us use, this is something that EVERY ROM WILL INCLUDE.

I rest my case.

My ROM won't. I don't use facebook and have no need for facebook apps. Besides, this app just literally came out on the iPhone. No one has had time to port it to WM. Maybe in another month or so. Even with that said it has nothing to do with making or building ROMs. It's just something you would like to see in one.

Guest eclsnowman

I agree with BW.

People not being patient in the regular forum and spamming in the Rom forum will just muddy the waters in here. This thread would only be useful if there was a new facebook program... but there isn't so it will just be a complain fest about how much we wish we got apps as fast as apple.

Guest RwP1138

Here is a idea why not say anything or share your opinion on where it should or shouldn't be and it would have gone away

but you choose to comment and bicker about something dumb and it keeps this thread in the front

so by choosing to be you and complain you make that which bothers you stand out

Just leave it alone

+1 for snapz (for standing up for yourself)

Guest Slick86

I use F.I.M. (Facebook instant messenger). It allows you to chat and for the facebook it hosts the facebook mobile site within itself. I think it is much cleaner than the Microsoft app. It does have a few errors on our phones like when you update your status and switch keyboards to get commas or periods, it resets to the main menu, but if you are really unhappy with the Facebook app check it out.

fim

Guest snapz54
you can expect much from microsoft facebook app. its free for crying out loud!

this is the biggest thing I'm talking about. STOP DEFENDING CORPORATIONS EVERYONE! We don't have to be demanding and never satisfied with what is released, but it is VERY HEALTHY to keep discussion up about the next step.

Just think about where we would be with our omnias if everyone kept saying, "it's free to get weather and money widget updates for samsung today, what else do we need" or "it will show up eventually just shut up and wait"

NO, that doesn't work. The reason we got the official GPS unlock and all these great ROM builds from the cooks is the forums. Constantly pushing for bigger and better versions in a reasonable, UNDEMANDING way is necessary.

If you're one of these people that is opposing to oppose or defending and you don't know why, ask yourself why? If you still defend these corporations you better not have a new ROM on your phone or even the winmo facebook app (which was unofficially ripped when it first came out) because both of those aren't officially released yet are they? Your a dirty pirate and you belong on a pirate ship.

cheers.

Guest Terminalx
this is the biggest thing I'm talking about. STOP DEFENDING CORPORATIONS EVERYONE! We don't have to be demanding and never satisfied with what is released, but it is VERY HEALTHY to keep discussion up about the next step.

Just think about where we would be with our omnias if everyone kept saying, "it's free to get weather and money widget updates for samsung today, what else do we need" or "it will show up eventually just shut up and wait"

NO, that doesn't work. The reason we got the official GPS unlock and all these great ROM builds from the cooks is the forums. Constantly pushing for bigger and better versions in a reasonable, UNDEMANDING way is necessary.

If you're one of these people that is opposing to oppose or defending and you don't know why, ask yourself why? If you still defend these corporations you better not have a new ROM on your phone or even the winmo facebook app (which was unofficially ripped when it first came out) because both of those aren't officially released yet are they? Your a dirty pirate and you belong on a pirate ship.

cheers.

The Winmo facebook app has been officially released for a few months now, its one of the first things you see on the windows mobile site.

Guest Terminalx

cheers.

The Winmo facebook app has been officially released for a few months now, its one of the first things you see on the windows mobile site.

you liked the first post so much you posted it again?

rofl

Back on topic... Skybook/WM facbook app are pretty decent but both with the same big problem : Cant see comments added to status's............. I MEAN WTF>>>>>

I think im going to use skybook for main purpose of uploading/viewing pics and thats about it (it lets you put in a category not just to mobile uploads) Then use the m.facebook.com