[ROM]~KIND ROM~BUILD 23*420*~Waremike32

Guest waremike32

Guest Grouper
I really need to get a different keyboard on here. The one included with this build is shite. I've tried to select teh XT9 keyboard, but the setting won't stick, it keeps going to the fingerboard or whatever.

I had the same issue, did you try ding a soft reset?

Also, I've noticed a couple of other problems that I hadn't before.

1. When in a call the dial-pad is extremely slow. It's so slow that when I call my voicemail, between pounding on the buttons to try to get them to send the password prompt times out every time.

2. Google Maps can no longer get a GPS lock. I left this thing sitting in an open area outside for at least 5 mins and it wouldn't lock. COM settings were the same as on stock CF03.

Also, when taking a picture for Barcorama the camera screen doesn't automatically return to Barcorama. I have to save the picture and then manually select it.

Edited by Grouper

Guest waremike32
I really need to get a different keyboard on here. The one included with this build is shite. I've tried to select teh XT9 keyboard, but the setting won't stick, it keeps going to the fingerboard or whatever.

Select the xt9 keyboard in IMSelector and it will stick.

Guest eclsnowman

I have been having a nagging problem with just about every rom I load, maybe you can help. I am running version V7 23053 right now. I have been sticking with this one for several days now because it just works great out of the box. But after a few days of using it my end key no longer ends programs and locks the device like it is supposed to. I have had this problem with some peoples roms right out of the box... and some others after a few days use. Do you know what can cause this. It really makes it tough because I always forget to lock me screen now and I have been pocket dialing people. I know I can lock the device from the start menu but I would like to figure out how to fix the root cause. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Guest waremike32

That's a new one to me. I haven't experienced it myself, but in settings--->buttons, you may want to try toggling to data connect...exiting...then toggling back to lock device. I don't know the reg's that might be changing off hand.

Guest eclsnowman
That's a new one to me. I haven't experienced it myself, but in settings--->buttons, you may want to try toggling to data connect...exiting...then toggling back to lock device. I don't know the reg's that might be changing off hand.

Tried that... but it didn't work. If anyone know what reg settings tie the end key to locking I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for the input Waremike. Keep up the good work.

Guest Grouper

Microsoft Tag doesn't work on this ROM.

It sets the camera up, when you press the button to take a picture it says: "Camera application terminates due to the absence of camera module."

Another thing I just noticed is that PIM Backup doesn't work on this build either. It restored everything a couple of days ago but now when I go to back it up I get tons of errors.

I'm sure some of these issues can be attributed to WinMo itself, this being in the branch that it's in.

Edited by Grouper

Guest betachristopher

some cool wallpapers i found on the web that seem applicable here :) (oh, and i didn't create any of these, just found them with the power of google)

post-512278-1256139450_thumb.jpg

post-512278-1256139461_thumb.jpg

post-512278-1256139482_thumb.jpg

post-512278-1256139494_thumb.jpg

post-512278-1256139501_thumb.jpg

Edited by betachristopher

Guest eclsnowman

Love the 23053 rom, It is the one I keep going back to right now. I still get the error after a a weeks usage where the end button stops working correctly. I tried changing it in settings -> personal -> buttons then changing it back... but now luck. It is my only problem with the rom.

Any change we will see a 23071 rom soon? Also is there a cab out there for the stock lock screen, or a way I can edit it? For some reason I really like the stock looking lock screen. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Guest waremike32
some cool wallpapers i found on the web that seem applicable here ;) (oh, and i didn't create any of these, just found them with the power of google)

Those are great! Nice finds!

@ waremike.....

I LOVE YOUR GREEN THEME :)

Cant wait to get home :(, MJ is calling me.......

Good Work

Thanks Shokka, much respect! I always answer when MJ calls! ;)

Love the 23053 rom, It is the one I keep going back to right now. I still get the error after a a weeks usage where the end button stops working correctly. I tried changing it in settings -> personal -> buttons then changing it back... but now luck. It is my only problem with the rom.

Any change we will see a 23071 rom soon? Also is there a cab out there for the stock lock screen, or a way I can edit it? For some reason I really like the stock looking lock screen. Anyway, keep up the good work.

That is a weird issue. I haven't heard from anyone else about that. I myself haven't run a rom for more than a day in loooong time, so it's hard for me to test.

And yes, more Roms coming very soon!!!

As for you question on the lock screen. I haven't seen a cab posted for the stock, only custom. I don't have any cab creator software at the moment, but if you feel like copy/pasting a bunch of files, I can round them up for you.

*Here's a stock lock cab I made. Install to device and soft reset. Report back any issues.

StockLock.cab

Edited by waremike32

Guest thekevster
some cool wallpapers i found on the web that seem applicable here :D (oh, and i didn't create any of these, just found them with the power of google)

very nice find christopher. i really wish i was still using the 23*420* rom because these would go great with it, but i had to take it off for proffesional reasons :\ i think i may just use these anyways on the rom im currently using.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Renirus

That is by far my favorite rom the kind rom has some of the best design i have seen to bad i have to change it lol wish you had one for PILLS AAAAHHHHH sweet oxys anyways this is awsome

Guest betachristopher

I also love the Kind ROM. I would actually like to see some updated ROMs for the 420 build. I haven't seen many differences with the newer builds, and I just want my ROM to be a 420 build just because it says 420. :D However, some newer versions of 420 would be cool. Like maybe a base 420 ROM, or a M2D 420 ROM, and maybe use EzInput or the new Samsung keyboard instead of Finger Keyboard. Maybe I should just get off my butt and start baking my own ROMs or skinning again. I used to skin for pocket pc, but that was like 7 years ago. I'm old now.

Guest waremike32

Now that I've got some cab software working for the moment, I'll make a cab for the theme so you can use it on other roms.

p.s. when this rom gets a bump, it makes me smile :D