Omnia II soft Ring for initial few seconds

Hi Guys,

Is there any solution for the Low ring volume for initial few seconds for incoming call??

also, for sms tone, even if i already check the sms, the notification tone will complete its dutaion and phone will keep vibrating until the tone finish.

P.S i am using a 10 Sec long mp3 file as sms tone, so even i check the incoming new sms on the first second , phone will still complete the tone 10 sec.

any solution for it to stop playing and vibrating after i click to check the sms?

Hi Guys,

Is there any solution for the Low ring volume for initial few seconds for incoming call??

In HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Attenuation

Make DWORD value name: 5 value : 1

Than

In HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring AttenuationCategory chnange to 5

Soft reset.

Edited by dezmo

i am using a 10 Sec long mp3 file as sms tone, so even i check the incoming new sms on the first second , phone will still complete the tone 10 sec.

any solution for it to stop playing and vibrating after i click to check the sms?

use a short message tone. i think this is 1 of those WM flaw that can't seem to be solved?

Guest monyozt

Than

Soft reset.

tq. it works

Guest FerdiBorbon

you guys notice after this tweak, if an incoming call is coming through, the caller actually hears 2 rings before the Omnia starts to ring.

I tried this with my home phone and it does ring twice then on the third ring my omnia rings...wierd and annoying, as ive received a few calls coz it rings for a while on the other side :D

you guys notice after this tweak, if an incoming call is coming through, the caller actually hears 2 rings before the Omnia starts to ring.

I tried this with my home phone and it does ring twice then on the third ring my omnia rings...wierd and annoying, as ive received a few calls coz it rings for a while on the other side :D

not for me. mine rings quite fast. tested with home phone and handphone.

on caller's side, first ring yet to finish and on my side, my OmniaII starts ringing.

Guest FerdiBorbon
not for me. mine rings quite fast. tested with home phone and handphone.

on caller's side, first ring yet to finish and on my side, my OmniaII starts ringing.

Serious!? man i had no luck even with the G4 firmware :D...maybe i need to hard rest my G7 as i havent done it yet after the falsh update

Serious!? man i had no luck even with the G4 firmware :) ...maybe i need to hard rest my G7 as i havent done it yet after the falsh update

I didn't do hard reset after the flash too.

also, found that with G6, incoming call waiting was super soft.

but with G7, it was loud and clear.

Guest AgnesBhomme

Than

Soft reset.

Thanks. Works great!

Guest mattb777

got a little problem, changed the values to those listed and now my phoe doesnt ring at all :) it just vibrates! using PDA: G4 and phone: G6. any advice without a hard-reset? (p.s already tried deleting the values and changing them back to what they were)

Than

Soft reset.

I got this elsewhere

\HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring; Change the DWORD: AttenuationCategory to Value: 1

It is working also.

Guest John Peers
does it link the phone ringer with the system volume instead of the phone volume?

Yes, when I edit the registry, the ring volume depends on the system volume, if the system volume is 3 the ring call is low though the system volume is 5. Any solution?

Guest tacchan23
Yes, when I edit the registry, the ring volume depends on the system volume, if the system volume is 3 the ring call is low though the system volume is 5. Any solution?

u meant to say " if the system volume is 3 the ring call is low though the ring volume is 5"?

if so, I was told (when I was looking around for an answer to the same question) that this is Windows Mobile standard behavior and can not be modified

Guest kohanson
Oh boy you need to HARD reset the phone EVERY time after a ROM flash! :)

Hi, I just flash my Rom an hour ago. What will happen if i do not hard reset? How do you hard reset by the way? Just restore the settings to default? Can you guide me step by step? Sorry I'm quite new to Windows mobile as this is my first WM phone.

Guest tacchan23
Hi, I just flash my Rom an hour ago. What will happen if i do not hard reset? How do you hard reset by the way? Just restore the settings to default? Can you guide me step by step? Sorry I'm quite new to Windows mobile as this is my first WM phone.

You can read how Hard Reset here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...mnia2-tips-faq/

Guest John Peers
u meant to say " if the system volume is 3 the ring call is low though the ring volume is 5"?

if so, I was told (when I was looking around for an answer to the same question) that this is Windows Mobile standard behavior and can not be modified

Yes I wanted to say it. But If you don't modify the registry, the ring volume is high though the system volume is 3. Is not a windows mobile problem, The problem begins on having change the registry but I try the dezmo fix and it work perfectly. (Sorry for my english I'm spanish and I don't speak it very well).

Edited by John Peers

Guest kohanson

Than

Soft reset.

Thanks for the fix. It works perfectly.

Guest kohanson

Than

Soft reset.

After upgrading to H9 firmware, the fix is not working anymore. i changed the Attenuation Category from 1 - 5 and only 2 works with increasing ring.

• 1 month later...
Guest tacchan23
I'm on the H6 and only HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring AttenuationCategory 2 works, the rest will vibrate only!

this tweak only worked up to H3 ROM I think (maybe H5 at most)