1291 replies to this topic

rpmm70

rpmm70

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Devices:Verizon i920

I got this rom and its not downloading or sending picture messages.
im kinda new too this.
can anyone help me ?
:)

Check to see if your broadband connection is set up on the phone. Start Menu -> Settings -> Connections ->Connections

If it is not set up, there are two ways to do it:

1) Hard reset your device

2) Add a new connection. It should be named "Broadband Access", the number is "#777", and leave the user name and password blank. If a screen comes up asking for the user name and password, leave everything blank and select save password and it shouldn't come up again.

ROM: S.i920.2.0V.DC23.21889
AMDZero ZeroSense v1.5

sanmaG

sanmaG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
does it close apps by tapping X or ok buttons?

rpmm70

rpmm70

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

does it close apps by tapping X or ok buttons?

Yes, apps should close when tapping X or OK

AMDZero ZeroSense v1.5

n0rman

n0rman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:omnia i910
hey just a quick question. do you have a .cab file for the keyboard you are using on this rom?

thanks

jaker29902

jaker29902

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Whenever I am in a call, I cannot punch in any numbers, i.e. entering security code or press 1 for english, please help!

-Jake

***FIXED!***

Had call lock on

Edited by jaker29902, 07 April 2010 - 03:00 AM.

missingXtension

missingXtension

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
OKay guys i have a small problem, i got me a new omnia from verizon.
My intention was to get it on the metropcs network, having done it on the q and the 5800 before.
But this samsung is kicking my butt, qpst wont load phone and with samsungs pst i cant find the i910 or u540 dll.
Either way i am screwed, so i went ahead and took into the metropcs store.
They went ahead and loaded the prl and added the esn in the system.
But where it gets strange is that since I flashed the blue theme **772 will not work anymore!!!
So I have a phone and service but no way to load the settings on the phone.
**debug wont do sheet either, does any one know what the dial parser changed to?
i tried looking in the registry but cant find it.
Also if i have to virgize the phone, will i have to have the prl reloaded?
Because i just had it loaded.....Today................and i dont want to go back tomorrow.....
I read somewhere about update the prl, which leads me to belive that the prl will revert to verizon!
But right now the way I see it, i will need to get it to virging and keep that way..
I hope i get a responce soon because the main reason i updated was because of the mstsc for pocket pc.
I have fond memories of it from the ipaq. But i do miss the bluetooth remote control from the Q, and of course you cant beat keyboard on the q. Just for the keyboard alone, I might give the omnia to my wife.

p.s. Also thanks for the great rom, too bad you dont have a moto q so we can get a 6.1 rom on that

I already started a main thread about this issue because Ive been reading like crazy for the last 3 days and i cant find anything yet.

Edited by missingXtension, 19 April 2010 - 06:30 PM.

gman34

gman34

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:omnia

OKay guys i have a small problem, i got me a new omnia from verizon.
My intention was to get it on the metropcs network, having done it on the q and the 5800 before.
But this samsung is kicking my butt, qpst wont load phone and with samsungs pst i cant find the i910 or u540 dll.
Either way i am screwed, so i went ahead and took into the metropcs store.
They went ahead and loaded the prl and added the esn in the system.
But where it gets strange is that since I flashed the blue theme **772 will not work anymore!!!
So I have a phone and service but no way to load the settings on the phone.
**debug wont do sheet either, does any one know what the dial parser changed to?
i tried looking in the registry but cant find it.
Also if i have to virgize the phone, will i have to have the prl reloaded?
Because i just had it loaded.....Today................and i dont want to go back tomorrow.....
I read somewhere about update the prl, which leads me to belive that the prl will revert to verizon!
But right now the way I see it, i will need to get it to virging and keep that way..
I hope i get a responce soon because the main reason i updated was because of the mstsc for pocket pc.
I have fond memories of it from the ipaq. But i do miss the bluetooth remote control from the Q, and of course you cant beat keyboard on the q. Just for the keyboard alone, I might give the omnia to my wife.

p.s. Also thanks for the great rom, too bad you dont have a moto q so we can get a 6.1 rom on that

I already started a main thread about this issue because Ive been reading like crazy for the last 3 days and i cant find anything yet.

try dailing *2
or *228
and btw, this rom is outdated, granted i used it and was the best rom ever for a few months, there are newer builds that you might want to check out.

guy_incognito262

guy_incognito262

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910

try dailing *2
or *228
and btw, this rom is outdated, granted i used it and was the best rom ever for a few months, there are newer builds that you might want to check out.

Which rom would you recommend? I am new to the omnia, but so far I like this rom the best. If there is an updated version that is otherwise similar, I'd be all ears.

rpmm70

rpmm70

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Which rom would you recommend? I am new to the omnia, but so far I like this rom the best. If there is an updated version that is otherwise similar, I'd be all ears.

I would recommend waremike's NuROMS

http://www.modaco.co...i910-dc22-cf03/

AMDZero ZeroSense v1.5

Luacious

Luacious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i910/m800

I would recommend waremike's NuROMS

http://www.modaco.co...i910-dc22-cf03/

I would concur, I am new to the omnia also, but I rdyly got on board w/ thr dc22 roms available, and after 20+ hours of scouring for the right rom, I ended up w/ Mikes NUROM DC22 and other than a couple of cab fixes (Keyboard mainly) I am all on top of NUROM =)

guy_incognito262

guy_incognito262

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
What are the advantages that a newer rom will offer? Is it noticeable?

Also, have people been noticing much of a difference with DC22? I originally tried updating with the samsung upgrade program, but it would not begin the process. It gave some error message saying that it did not detect a Verizon i910 or something like that. I am using an Omnia i910, but it is activated through PagePlus, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the input.

180pilot

180pilot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Little Help. Omnia i910 with CFO3.2096 Having problem, get to point I turn on Omnia and little window comes up: Titled UMDL_Omnia_v2.3, with yellow triangle with exclamation mark says Win USB Initialize. I tap OK in that window, then another error box comes up says: Unified Total Downloader has stopped working close program.????
This is my first attempt at a flash, I have USB settings on phone set to mass storage. I'm using Vista home premium OS.

Have FlashWM7Blue23064.bin loaded in PDA section of UDML. Detect button responds. I plug in phone turned off then turn it on. What am I doing wrong?

rpmm70

rpmm70

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Little Help. Omnia i910 with CFO3.2096 Having problem, get to point I turn on Omnia and little window comes up: Titled UMDL_Omnia_v2.3, with yellow triangle with exclamation mark says Win USB Initialize. I tap OK in that window, then another error box comes up says: Unified Total Downloader has stopped working close program.????
This is my first attempt at a flash, I have USB settings on phone set to mass storage. I'm using Vista home premium OS.

Have FlashWM7Blue23064.bin loaded in PDA section of UDML. Detect button responds. I plug in phone turned off then turn it on. What am I doing wrong?

Did you turn off "Allow USB Connections" on your computer?

AMDZero ZeroSense v1.5

180pilot

180pilot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Did you turn off "Allow USB Connections" on your computer?

I did remember seeing that, somewhere, but guess it didn't make sense to me as I'm connecting phone to laptop with a USB cable? Is there a tutorial on this using vista? Is this done in the Windows Mobile Device Program settings? And does that program have to be running along with UMDL? Thank you.

Edited by 180pilot, 25 April 2010 - 08:44 PM.

rpmm70

rpmm70

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

I did remember seeing that, somewhere, but guess it didn't make sense to me as I'm connecting phone to laptop with a USB cable? Is there a tutorial on this using vista? Is this done in the Windows Mobile Device Program settings? And does that program have to be running along with UMDL? Thank you.

I use a laptop to do all of my flashing. Yes, it is in Windows Mobile Device Center. Look for "Connection Settings" and make sure that "Allow USB Connections" is unchecked. No, WMDC should not be running with UMDL. There is a link to a guide below.

http://www.modaco.co...m-verizon-i910/

Use Method 2 in Post 1 and Post 2 to flash to a custom ROM

AMDZero ZeroSense v1.5

180pilot

180pilot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I use a laptop to do all of my flashing. Yes, it is in Windows Mobile Device Center. Look for "Connection Settings" and make sure that "Allow USB Connections" is unchecked. No, WMDC should not be running with UMDL. There is a link to a guide below.

Thank you. OK, got it flashed to new 6.5. Wow a lot of differences, I find trying to scroll the Windows hexigons is way too sensitive, opening items I do not want. Is there settings for sensitivity?? I find the keyboard sluggish typing into IE address window also??? Appears now I can download Windows updates, which with 6.1 I could not????

180pilot

180pilot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Thank you. OK, got it flashed to new 6.5. Wow a lot of differences, I find trying to scroll the Windows hexigons is way too sensitive, opening items I do not want. Is there settings for sensitivity?? I find the keyboard sluggish typing into IE address window also??? Appears now I can download Windows updates, which with 6.1 I could not????

Kenyawn

Kenyawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsungi910
what keyboard is being used in the last 2 pics of the post? and is there any way to get just that in a .cab?

Edited by Kenyawn, 05 May 2010 - 04:59 AM.

rpmm70

rpmm70

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

what keyboard is being used in the last 2 pics of the post? and is there any way to get just that in a .cab?

I believe that is the keyboard from the LG Incite, but I don't think there is a cab for it.

AMDZero ZeroSense v1.5

shadowjumper

shadowjumper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i910
Anyone using Google Maps with this rom? The program loads but whenever I try using the GPS feature, the programs shuts down. I'm using the CGPS plugin for titanium to control the GPS. Could that be the issue. GPS works fine with other programs (SportyPal).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users