[ROM] Omnia WM 6.1 ROM DXIF1 build 21001 (from Omnia II) with BT-audio fix (7 September 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest the_ja121

does anyone have solution for my problem??? when i turn phone to landscape, whatever i move it goes back where it was. i had the same problem with original win and now with this, is it the phone part, if yes, how and where do i reinstall that

Guest avnguyen

I prefer the original 'hive' menu style of Windows Mobile 6.5, I don't know why customed ROM change menu style to some funny 'flash focus' or 'square flash focus'.

This is the menu style that I want, how can I get it with the customed ROM?

windows_mobile_65_small1.png

Guest Bouvrie
does anyone have solution for my problem??? when i turn phone to landscape, whatever i move it goes back where it was. i had the same problem with original win and now with this, is it the phone part, if yes, how and where do i reinstall that

Try the Start Menu-->Setting-->System-->Motion Sensor and setting Auto Orientation to Manual?

I prefer the original 'hive' menu style of Windows Mobile 6.5, I don't know why customed ROM change menu style to some funny 'flash focus' or 'square flash focus'.

This is the menu style that I want, how can I get it with the customed ROM?

windows_mobile_65_small1.png

This custom ROM is WM6.1, you can't get that native Start Menu here. I weakly believe that start menu is called START.exe in WM6.5, perhaps people replaced that file in the custom WM6.5 roms.

Guest Jijo Mathew

Hello

I'm completely new to a windows mobile phone. I own a Omnia i900, with 6.1 professional os. So I really like to know to to upgrade to 6.5wm. I saw the video link from this web site - http://www.samsung-omnia.org/rom-discussio...to-6-5-in-i900/ ://http://www.samsung-omnia.org/rom-di...-6-5-in-i900/ . IT was helpful but I could not get it to work since my phone did not get found in device manager. As you can make roms for 6.5, I guess could help me figure out where I'm going wrong and help me out. Also if you could can u send me links to the required downloads and the instructions I need to follow to upgrade to 6.5wm on my omnia i900.

please help.

Guest acrocosm

I've got a question for anyone that suggests this is the best 6.1 rom...

WHY? I find ryrzy's way better. It's the most beautifull 6.1 rom I've seen. But apart from that and since that depends on your taste, it's got no issues like wrong themes cooked in and most importantly you don't have the weird scroll engine. It comes with the default samsung scroll... which is crap. BUT it will let you install ftouchsl so you get great scrolling even in small drop menus. The engine in KC's rom is not customizable, it doesn't scroll drop menus and doesn't work in many apps (e.g. advance config). Ok so now you want to install ftouchsl to get over those issues. Bang! unable to boot anymore because there's conflict. You need to hard reset it and live with it.

Why is that the perfect rom when you can get better ones? t2008's is also fine and without issues (I didn't liked it for other reasons). If it's just for the responsiveness of the screen IT'S STUPID. That's just because of iThouch which you can easily find on xda, even softpedia and you can install it on every rom even 6.5. It's just registry settings, heck you can even do it yourself with a registry editor if you like.

Many users are new in the flashing business and without much experience with WM. Before getting overly excited about something don't you think you should actualy think first?

Correct me anywhere you think I'm wrong. If anyone got offended I didn't mean it what way. Constructive critisism and discusion is good for all of us :)

Guest dimera
and most importantly you don't have the weird scroll engine. It comes with the default samsung scroll... which is crap..... Ok so now you want to install ftouchsl to get over those issues. Bang! unable to boot anymore because there's conflict. You need to hard reset it and live with it.

It do not come with the default samsung scroll.

Furthermore, ftouchl is already cooked in. That's why you've got a "conflict".

For one thing you are right - its a matter of taste.

Guest andrew.mazlim
I've got a question for anyone that suggests this is the best 6.1 rom...

WHY? I find ryrzy's way better. It's the most beautifull 6.1 rom I've seen. But apart from that and since that depends on your taste, it's got no issues like wrong themes cooked in and most importantly you don't have the weird scroll engine. It comes with the default samsung scroll... which is crap. BUT it will let you install ftouchsl so you get great scrolling even in small drop menus. The engine in KC's rom is not customizable, it doesn't scroll drop menus and doesn't work in many apps (e.g. advance config). Ok so now you want to install ftouchsl to get over those issues. Bang! unable to boot anymore because there's conflict. You need to hard reset it and live with it.

Why is that the perfect rom when you can get better ones? t2008's is also fine and without issues (I didn't liked it for other reasons). If it's just for the responsiveness of the screen IT'S STUPID. That's just because of iThouch which you can easily find on xda, even softpedia and you can install it on every rom even 6.5. It's just registry settings, heck you can even do it yourself with a registry editor if you like.

Many users are new in the flashing business and without much experience with WM. Before getting overly excited about something don't you think you should actualy think first?

Correct me anywhere you think I'm wrong. If anyone got offended I didn't mean it what way. Constructive critisism and discusion is good for all of us :)

Since I found some superb 6.5s (like "JN Carbon v2" or "OCK build 23563 UL"), I'm not planning to turn back to 6.1s.

But, till I "upgate" to 6.5s, I (almost) tested all the 6.1s, including Ryrzy's (VERY GOOD COOKER, indeed!)... To me (and for many users), this one here from OMNIA II (by Khuanchai) is the best, the most stable, fast, good stability and battery life etc.

Guest acrocosm
It do not come with the default samsung scroll.

Furthermore, ftouchl is already cooked in. That's why you've got a "conflict".

For one thing you are right - its a matter of taste.

Oh I'm aware of that, I was refering to ryrzy's rom which does come with samsung scroller

I can't try JN roms, too ugly for my eyes I'll have to customize it a whole lot. Unless you think it's the best in terms of stability/performance/battery in wich case I might make the effort

Some OCK's roms are very good, with others I have had a series of issues ranging from BT audio streaming not working even after hard resets to ctrl+item behavior in file explorers which wouldn't redeem with simple reboot to wifi always on after soft reset with xtask and been unable to turn off. The problem is I didn't make a note of his roms that worked flawlesly believing that the next will be the perfect. 23563 eh? Yeah I think it was alright

I still don't consider KC's the best 6.1, I believe it's a hype :)

pfff I'm bored of flashing and flashing and flashing... >_<

Edited by acrocosm

Guest andrew.mazlim
Oh I'm aware of that, I was refering to ryrzy's rom which does come with samsung scroller

I can't try JN roms, too ugly for my eyes I'll have to customize it a whole lot. Unless you think it's the best in terms of stability/performance/battery in wich case I might make the effort

Some OCK's roms are very good, with others I have had a series of issues ranging from BT audio streaming not working even after hard resets to ctrl+item behavior in file explorers which wouldn't redeem with simple reboot to wifi always on after soft reset with xtask and been unable to turn off. The problem is I didn't make a note of his roms that worked flawlesly believing that the next will be the perfect. 23563 eh? Yeah I think it was alright

I still don't consider KC's the best 6.1, I believe it's a hype ;)

pfff I'm bored of flashing and flashing and flashing... >_<

Ouaou! You don't like "JN Foundation" roms, mate? That's prety much odd... These roms "shook the boat"!

Best 6.1s are from Khuanchai... Ryrzy... t2008... Sector... Shokka9 (and others).

That one here, is one of the best (to me the best). But! It's a "hybrid" alright, not a "single" build - a combination. So, it MAY have some problems/issues to some users.

And believe me, you DIDN'T flash (yet!) many roms. Try to reach the... 200+ (lol!) and then come back and tell me about it! Hahaha...

Guest acrocosm
Ouaou! You don't like "JN Foundation" roms, mate? That's prety much odd... These roms "shook the boat"!

Best 6.1s are from Khuanchai... Ryrzy... t2008... Sector... Shokka9 (and others).

That one here, is one of the best (to me the best). But! It's a "hybrid" alright, not a "single" build - a combination. So, it MAY have some problems/issues to some users.

And believe me, you DIDN'T flash (yet!) many roms. Try to reach the... 200+ (lol!) and then come back and tell me about it! Hahaha...

Well... they might be great (I wouldn't know) but they are too busy visually. I like a chlorine clean interface with plain and simple lines and colors, no gradients and such for me.

200+ o.O? does that include reflashing some of them? In any case, I admit I haven't flashed many roms, to be honest I was scared to do so till I had my omnia for over two years. Then I was really picky on what I'd flash and only light/ultra lite roms

I did have issues with Khuanchai's rom although I liked its cleanness. But I'm happy now with ryrzy's (1 bug so far: never use fav settings to turn off phone, I always end up hard resetting)

edit: JN roms look better lately but I'm still not in glossy stuff ;)

Edited by acrocosm

Hi, might be a stupid question. I flashed this ROM this morning, and finally the updater showed just "Job Done" (not "JOB DONE! DO NOT DISCONNECT BEFORE." like in the thread of Sector "How to Flash ..."). In addition, on the bottom part of the updater showed "Writing dummy stuff" (I don't remember exactly). I waited for about 1 hour, but nothing change. Can everyone tell me if I did anything wrong? Thanks.

PS: I actually unplugged the phone from PC and started using it from that point, seems like the ROM works fine, just worry if something wrong will appear later. There's one issue I found this afternoon: when I launch Facebook widget from SPB shell, it goes to Opera, works for a while then the phone is frozen. Don't know how to deal with this issue.

Guest andrew.mazlim
Well... they might be great (I wouldn't know) but they are too busy visually. I like a chlorine clean interface with plain and simple lines and colors, no gradients and such for me.

200+ o.O? does that include reflashing some of them? In any case, I admit I haven't flashed many roms, to be honest I was scared to do so till I had my omnia for over two years. Then I was really picky on what I'd flash and only light/ultra lite roms

I did have issues with Khuanchai's rom although I liked its cleanness. But I'm happy now with ryrzy's (1 bug so far: never use fav settings to turn off phone, I always end up hard resetting)

edit: JN roms look better lately but I'm still not in glossy stuff ;)

Well, for my taste, I like black themes with "a bit" of glossy stuff, interesting graphics etc. "JN's" roms (and themes) are marvelous for me, but I stopped using them because the countless USELESS (to me) applications! The 80% of the apps in a "premium" rom (like "JN" roms) are useless to me; I don't using them. And, these many apps using too much of memory!!!

So... I found the SAME build like "JN's" roms (build 23563) - a superb build! - and it's an "UltraLite" rom from OCK.

Of course, I'm spending a couple of hrs to make that "UltraLite" to look and working like a... "Lite JN's" rom, hehehe.

200+ different roms! And, about 30+ reflashing some of them...

Guest acrocosm
Hi, might be a stupid question. I flashed this ROM this morning, and finally the updater showed just "Job Done" (not "JOB DONE! DO NOT DISCONNECT BEFORE." like in the thread of Sector "How to Flash ..."). In addition, on the bottom part of the updater showed "Writing dummy stuff" (I don't remember exactly). I waited for about 1 hour, but nothing change. Can everyone tell me if I did anything wrong? Thanks.

PS: I actually unplugged the phone from PC and started using it from that point, seems like the ROM works fine, just worry if something wrong will appear later. There's one issue I found this afternoon: when I launch Facebook widget from SPB shell, it goes to Opera, works for a while then the phone is frozen. Don't know how to deal with this issue.

Don't worry about that. If you get job done it's most likely really done and it's safe to disconnect. It is advisable to hard reset at least once afterwords, although you might need 2 or more times to get a really clean start. You can't really tell how many resets you need but you definitely need at least one. Do this before customizing or really using your phone. Try it, it might solve your issues.

Edited by acrocosm

Guest JuanPa

Hey guys, I have been having a problem with this ROM for the last couple of days, I tried to install a new calculator and now I can't use autorotate, I know for shure my accelerometer is still working as I can still use it to control games and other apps. I have had this issue with this ROM before and that was the only reason for me to flash another one, but I realized this is by far the most stable and reliable ROM so I came back to it, installed everithing since my backup wasn't working properly and now, after trying to install a new calculator, I can't use autorotation again. I really hate to assing a button to rotate screen as I use them all. Is ther any solution for this problem?

Any help will be much appreciated!!!!!

• 10 months later...