Alternate Line Service (aka ALS or Line 2 - Orange, UK)

Guest paul_o

Hi All,

New on here but have spent a day or so reading and can't find an answer.......

Can someone tell me if Android is ALS compatible - or if they have applied any tweaks or hacks (or even by flashing a non-stock ROM). I took delivery of my shiny Hero yesterday from Orange, only to be told I can't run ALS/Line 2. This was despite being very clear what I wanted when I ordered the phone........

So, the feedback from Orange tech was no - but then I thought I'd ask the real expertsbefore bagging it up and returning it for something more lowly.....

:)

Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance!

So, the feedback from Orange tech was no - but then I thought I'd ask the real expertsbefore bagging it up and returning it for something more lowly.....

The short answer is no. I have found an alternative to Line 2 as I wanted to keep the Hero - none of the nice alternative phones support line 2.

There is more information on the thread Line 2.

Jules

The short answer is no. I have found an alternative to Line 2 as I wanted to keep the Hero - none of the nice alternative phones support line 2.

There is more information on the thread Line 2.

Jules

Thanks for the reply, but the suggestion simply won't fly for me. If anything, trying one of the 2 SIM card solutions would be more elegant than having an 0844 number.....

Back to members of the Dev community - can anyone offer a suggestion please?

Update: I have been told that the Hero works with Line 2/ALS on the 3 Sweden network. Has anyone seen this ROM and is it newer than the one on Orange UK? Am hoping that a newer ROM might have fixed/enabled ALS.........

Edited by paul_o