Somebody, Help! Unlock codes does not work!

Guest prokher

I bought two HTC Hero on eBay (in UK), they ware marked as unlocked. The first works OK with my operator, but second one asks unlock code. I contacted seller and he gave me unlock code. It doesn't work. I bought unlock code on "www.unlock-now.com" and it is the same code. The phone is locked to orange network.

Here the detailed description of the bug:

I inserted my local sim card, turn on the device, it asked "SIM network unlock PIN. To make an emergency call... bla bla bla". I entered unlock code I bought and press "unlock" it said "network unlock successful". After that it allows "emergency calls only", and if I try to call somewhere it said "Not registered on network." In "Settings/Wireless controls/" "Mobile network" item is grayed (as well as two above it). Firstly I thought that it is problem with my sim card. I tried two different sim cards (of two differen providers) all the same. If I insert orange sim card everything works excellent. If I reboot device with non-orange simcard inside it asks unlock code again.Actually if I just enter "00000000" it will say "network unlock successful" too, so It looks like this message means nothing.

Additionally when I restored to factory defaults. It requested unlock code again, after I entered it it print dialog box "Unlocking sim card.." and that is all. I waited for about on 15 minutes - no progress. (

• 2 weeks later...
I bought two HTC Hero on eBay (in UK), they ware marked as unlocked. The first works OK with my operator, but second one asks unlock code. I contacted seller and he gave me unlock code. It doesn't work. I bought unlock code on "www.unlock-now.com" and it is the same code. The phone is locked to orange network.

Here the detailed description of the bug:

I inserted my local sim card, turn on the device, it asked "SIM network unlock PIN. To make an emergency call... bla bla bla". I entered unlock code I bought and press "unlock" it said "network unlock successful". After that it allows "emergency calls only", and if I try to call somewhere it said "Not registered on network." In "Settings/Wireless controls/" "Mobile network" item is grayed (as well as two above it). Firstly I thought that it is problem with my sim card. I tried two different sim cards (of two differen providers) all the same. If I insert orange sim card everything works excellent. If I reboot device with non-orange simcard inside it asks unlock code again.Actually if I just enter "00000000" it will say "network unlock successful" too, so It looks like this message means nothing.

Additionally when I restored to factory defaults. It requested unlock code again, after I entered it it print dialog box "Unlocking sim card.." and that is all. I waited for about on 15 minutes - no progress. (

Having similar problems myself, if I sort it out, I'll let you know.

I've just changed firmware on phone to stock HTC and took off the Orange branding, but my T Mobile sim will still not work. It says unlock successfull when I put in the unlock code I bought, but then just shows me a picture of a sim card with a cross on it, and says no service.

Has anyone here been successfull in using a T mobile sim in an Orange Hero.

Thanks.

Guest vijay555
I've just changed firmware on phone to stock HTC and took off the Orange branding, but my T Mobile sim will still not work. It says unlock successfull when I put in the unlock code I bought, but then just shows me a picture of a sim card with a cross on it, and says no service.

Has anyone here been successfull in using a T mobile sim in an Orange Hero.

Thanks.

Submit a ticket to www.unlock-now.com

I ordered the unlock code, but was sent a message informing me that the code would not work on this specific Orange Hero model and was refunded.

V

Submit a ticket to www.unlock-now.com

I ordered the unlock code, but was sent a message informing me that the code would not work on this specific Orange Hero model and was refunded.

V

They've already refunded me because the code wouldn't work, but how can I get it unlocked if the unlock codes won't work.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I just attempted to unlock using unlock-now.com, but they have emailed me to say that my code cannot be calculated and refunded the money.

Is that it for software unlocking? is my only option a rebelsim / move to orange ?

I just attempted to unlock using unlock-now.com, but they have emailed me to say that my code cannot be calculated and refunded the money.

Is that it for software unlocking? is my only option a rebelsim / move to orange ?

There are people over at XDA forum working on CID unlocking using a serial cable, other than that, yes I think you'll have to look at Rebelsim.

Can anyone with a rebelsim post up their findings of using such a device? does it use more battery or flakey network signal ?

I've been using a Rebelsim since Saturday 3rd October 09, and the last 4 days the phone has worked perfectly, and I can't say I've noticed any major battery drain, or any other issues at all.

I've been using a Rebelsim since Saturday 3rd October 09, and the last 4 days the phone has worked perfectly, and I can't say I've noticed any major battery drain, or any other issues at all.

Ive just got mine through the post...tried both cards "universal" and "mode 1" - I can get a signal ok and can ring out and in, however sms are not working? I dont receive any sms and any i send i cannot view as it just says "loading"??

any ideas?

Ive just got mine through the post...tried both cards "universal" and "mode 1" - I can get a signal ok and can ring out and in, however sms are not working? I dont receive any sms and any i send i cannot view as it just says "loading"??

any ideas?

Have you tried any other modes. I have to use mode 3 to use phone.

Go into all programs, and choose SIM Toolkit, then choose mode 3 and turn your phone off and on again.

Damn...no..same issues :)

Changed to mode 3 and rebooted. Good signal, can call in and out, and o2 data works fine, but as before cannot open sent sms "Loading" and do not receive messages!

Would be worth trying official HTC rom as i have modaco 2.3 on now ?

Damn...no..same issues :)

Changed to mode 3 and rebooted. Good signal, can call in and out, and o2 data works fine, but as before cannot open sent sms "Loading" and do not receive messages!

Would be worth trying official HTC rom as i have modaco 2.3 on now ?

I've flashed to the latest generic rom downloaded from here and I don't have any problems.

• 8 months later...