Arrived @ Vodafone NL

Guest c0n3

I just received 2x Omnia Pro B7610, called omnia qwerty in the Netherlands today from the Vodafone shop.

My first impression overall is quite positive although the device is a little thicker than I expected, but that's ofcourse caused by the qwerty keyboard.

The phone is responding quite fast, but sometimes seems to hang for some time, and can be controlled really well with the new touchwiz interface. I expect the speed will further improve with upcoming firmware updates.

The keyboard i.m.o. is excellent developed, it is stable and responding really accurate.

Running windows mobile 6.1, update to WM6.5 promised to be available within a couple of weeks

Firmware version of my Dutch Language Vodafone phone: PDA B7610BUIH1 / Phone B7610BUIH1

Edited by c0n3

• 3 weeks later...
Guest spaanplaat
I just received 2x Omnia Pro B7610, called omnia qwerty in the Netherlands today from the Vodafone shop.

My first impression overall is quite positive although the device is a little thicker than I expected, but that's ofcourse caused by the qwerty keyboard.

The phone is responding quite fast, but sometimes seems to hang for some time, and can be controlled really well with the new touchwiz interface. I expect the speed will further improve with upcoming firmware updates.

The keyboard i.m.o. is excellent developed, it is stable and responding really accurate.

Running windows mobile 6.1, update to WM6.5 promised to be available within a couple of weeks

Firmware version of my Dutch Language Vodafone phone: PDA B7610BUIH1 / Phone B7610BUIH1

My guess is that wm 6.5 will bring the responsiveness to a whole new level. But we will see about that. Also If you remove of disable the touchwiz and todaywidget's and let's say install spb shell the device is much much quicker!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JeroenFransen

Does it have Vodafone customization? Did you get the 6.5 update yet?

I´ve been waiting for Vodafone NL to deliver mine, might still be a while as apparently they didn´t get new stock of the device until today.

Does it have Vodafone customization? Did you get the 6.5 update yet?

I´ve been waiting for Vodafone NL to deliver mine, might still be a while as apparently they didn´t get new stock of the device until today.

Got mine from Vodafone a week ago, no customization but it's simlock free for some reason, so that's awesome.

Samsung say the B7610 gets wm 6.5 in November.

Are the upgrade to wm 6.5 available in Netherlands?I read something like that on official site of samsung on the page of the support, but Dutch is not my spoken language so maybe I am wrong...

Guest JeroenFransen
Are the upgrade to wm 6.5 available in Netherlands?I read something like that on official site of samsung on the page of the support, but Dutch is not my spoken language so maybe I am wrong...

It looks like it isn't yet available. I just downloaded the latest NPS (1.3.0.II4) but it still says the device isn't supported when looking for software updates. Could you maybe send the URL of the page where you think you saw it announced?

Edit: just found 1.3.0.IJ1 but it still doesn't allow device updates.

Edited by JeroenFransen

It looks like it isn't yet available. I just downloaded the latest NPS (1.3.0.II4) but it still says the device isn't supported when looking for software updates. Could you maybe send the URL of the page where you think you saw it announced?

Edit: just found 1.3.0.IJ1 but it still doesn't allow device updates.

This is the page http://www.samsungmobile.nl/promotion/news....do?newsNo=1701

but I understood that the download is not released yet in Netherlands

Guest JeroenFransen
nice, according to that link we can update mid october...so seems very soon and the november predictions everywhere were wrong.

Wan´t mid October some time around midnight last night?

Seriously, I just checked again from Windows 7 and from XP and device is still not recognized...

I just got the phone this week and was hoping to put WinMo 6.5 (or even better: a custom rom without Touchwiz and replacing it with Manila 2.6) before personalising everything and loading all my data on it.

mid october to me is until the 20th or so.

i'll give them a couple of days...got spb mobile shell install and am happy with that for now..big improvement to standard 6.1 or touchwiz imo

Guest JeroenFransen
mid october to me is until the 20th or so.

i'll give them a couple of days...got spb mobile shell install and am happy with that for now..big improvement to standard 6.1 or touchwiz imo

Anyone heard about final availability date? I still don't see it around anywhere and it's 20th October now.

Guest dagrim1
Anyone heard about final availability date? I still don't see it around anywhere and it's 20th October now.

There was a video where someone from samsung said the win6.5 update for the b7610 would be available in november. I could post a link but the video is in dutch so I dunno how useful it would be :)

Guest JeroenFransen
There was a video where someone from samsung said the win6.5 update for the b7610 would be available in november. I could post a link but the video is in dutch so I dunno how useful it would be :)

True, but Samsung keep saying on their Dutch website (Samsung 7610 6.5 update) that the update is coming out mid October. Textually they say "De Samsung Omnia II en Omnia Qwerty zijn vanaf medio oktober 2009 gratis te upgraden naar Windows Mobile 6.5." (emphasis is mine).

Hopefully they didn't get their messages mixed up.

Guest Ariekanarie

If you look at the countryflags at each member, you see, that all the posters are dutch, except one :(

So please post everything you can ;)

Edited by Ariekanarie

Guest dagrim1
If you look at the countryflags at each member, you see, that all the posters are dutch, except one :)

So please post everything you can :(

Oh, hehe... well, in that case:

http://www.mobilyz.com/video/evenementen/1...gm750-previews/

The samsung bit starts at ~6:45 and about the omnia-pro getting updated to 6.5 in november at ~7:30 and again at ~7:50

Guest dagrim1
this might be a dumb question, but what keyboard-layout does the dutch b7610 have? standard (english) qwerty? or qwertz (like the german phones)?

TIA

It's a standard qwerty keyboard

thanks for clearing that up!

And... anybody knows how to write special characters (á, é...ñ...) using hardware keyboard?

It was easy with my previous htc kaiser, a + fn-Space = á

But I don't know how to do it with my b7610...

And... anybody knows how to write special characters (á, é...ñ...) using hardware keyboard?

It was easy with my previous htc kaiser, a + fn-Space = á

But I don't know how to do it with my b7610...

As far as I know that isn't possible, ofcourse it is via the onscreen keyboard....

Guest RelaxedWarrior

Today the links in the below webpage to the free upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5 went dead..."promotie is beëindigd" (promotion has ended) :D

http://www.samsungmobile.nl/promotion/news....do?newsNo=1701

Yesterday it was still working. Got my phone en imediately registered. Hopefully I'm still able to use the promotion. Anyone else any ideas??

Guest RelaxedWarrior
for me too :P

Promotie.jpg

Still not working for me... :D Not very happy about it either. Will try it on another computer (I don't want to delete my cookies). Otherwise I'm going to contact Samsung...I want 6.5.