Sorry ┝┦θ┗し● but you are quite wrong IMHO... and so is gmx333.
I bought (99€ with subscription in France but now we can have it for 49€) a TG01 because it can play videos and MP3 at least as good as my Archos 605 does !
If you only need to use it as a telephone you don't need such a device with such a excellent screen !!!
To me :
- Video : so far one of the best video player I ever see ! Full screen HD content playback without an itch !
- Memory card corruption : sometimes I had troubles but never I needed to re-format ! Just a reboot... and always due to a 3rd party app !
- Toshiba (and in France Orange) interface(s) sucks ? : change it (or wait for WM65 update) ! There are plenty of GUI and many free ones !
- CPU 1GHz in unusefull ? : how do you think it can handle such high quality videos resolutions ? Also try to browse Windows directory on ANY other PDA and check back your TG01 Try to access large databases and check...
- plastic quality is bad ? : no, I don't think so. But the USB trap is a non-sense...
- camera quality is bad ? : well, that's a PDA not a real camera ! it's not made to produce quality photos ! not in a 9.9mm thick device !
- battery is bad : YES ! I do agree... but, once again, I doubt you can place a 2000mAh battery in a 9.9mm thick device !
- need a WM 6.5 rom ? : wait a few weeks and you'll get it !
- need a device wich can hold custom roms : resell your TG01 and buy a HTC ! Or wait 'til someone find how to do it (maybe after WM6.5 update)
- random reboots : YES ! this is VERY annoying ! Let's hope this will be adressed in the WM6.5 release
- Bt and Wifi together : works on mine...
- audio quality is bad ? : Yes but it's the wired headphones and inside earphone wich are bad... I have NO PROBLEM with a Bt headset ! And with a device with that form factor it is ridiculous to phone without a proper headset...
- listening audio while charging : no problem with a Bt headset ! HTC Diamond had the same issue and a 3rd party accessory fixed this ! This device is new and not as sold as HTC usually does so wait and see...
- G-sensor : as it has previously been said this is a new chipset so let the devs adapt there apps to support it But as next HTC device will be based on the same chipset (Snapdragon) there will be updates
- do I feel ridiculous with this device ? : NO NO NO !!! Every single person I show it to is amazed (except som iPhone terrorists but their opinion is biaised)
xdalover and i900french-addict : we have the same views Quite normal isnt'it ?
I only use this phone for communication(make phone call, send & receive SMS, get on internet, use some applications). But I like it, I like the huge screen, it make me feel comfortable when I am operating. That's the only reason for me to purchase a mobile phone with huge screen. As I said, you can buy it just because you like it not for other reasons, and you can also abandon it if you don't like it anymore.
What I mean is different user have different purpose, gmx333 feel disappointed because he(she) don't like it, that's normal and no necessary to judge the phone and the engineers are good or bad.