Apps2SD Issue

Guest raburgess

Guest raburgess

I have had the latest MoDaCo rom running on my T-Mobile G2 touch a day after I recieved it and have to say that it out performs the stock rom by far. I have noticed a problem in the last 2 days or so which prompted me to do a clean install today but unfortunately did not resolve the problem.

I originally installed your rom using the guide over at the unlockr which was very simple and effective. I also decided that I would try and use apps2sd to help remove installed packages off my phone and store them on my 8GB SD. I had partitioned my sd card as posted here, I followed the code correctly by basically using copy and paste function in cmd so as to not make any mistakes and made note to update the ext2 to ext3 only as I read that the ext4 has issues with this particular rom.

I presumed everything was fine until today I noticed that when I install an app from the market store it seems to still be storing all the applications on the phone memory, I noticed the phone memory was reducing on every installation wheras the sdcard memory is untouched. Another thing I noticed is that in the sd card setting the sd card total space is being read as 7078MB wheras the partition was for a size of 7437MB.

I would be greatful if anyone could guide me as to any known issues with apps2sd on this particular rom or whether they can see where I might have done something incorrectly.

Many Thanks

EDIT: I have just accessed the data/apps folder on my phone through adb shell commands and low and behold all my apps are stored on there. There is also no folder on the sd card so there must be a problem.

Edited by raburgess

I didn't do my partitioning and formatting via any clever method, I'd recommend using a programme like Paragon Partition Manager (that's specifically what I used) and totally reformat your card to Fat32, partition it and then format the partition to EXT3. It shouldn't be any hassle at all.

I'm not sure if you want some kind of very technical explanation of where you went wrong but it seems to me that you could waste a lot of time on this when you could just get it sorted in 5 minutes!

Good luck, whichever way you decide to go!