2.4.1 Flash Difficult

Guest Cragger

Anyone else having a problem flashing to either base or Bliss 2.4.1 ROM? I've been flashing the same exact way for months on Adrenylen's ROMs and used that same procedure on 2.3 as well with no issues. Set USB to Mass Storage in Win MO, uncheck allow USB connection in ActiveSync, Flash, phone normally hangs first boot-up so I Soft-Reset and that was usually it.

On 2.4.1, it hung as usual on first boot, but not it hung during start-up on between 3-5 soft resets. Especially on the XDA_UC auto installer step. I don't have an SD expansion card yet so maybe that's related? Not sure... Also, it seemed to work better after unplugging the USB cable but I still had to restart more that once...

Just getting into 2.4.1 now...2.3 had pretty rough scrolling in Opera and moving things around like e.g. cards in Solitaire so I hope this release from M$ fixes those issues. I think I like the icons at bottom now. I HATE not having a way to get task manager on Titanium, and also having to shut down apps manually now (Resco Task Man issue I think?)!

Bill - just one comment so far -- the default themes suck, except for Blue Carbon one which I think you might have left in from 2.3 as the Bliss ROM doesn't have that in it. I liked Black Carbon the best, but will make due with Blue. About the designer themes M$ is so proud of -- they are "ok" on the Titanium home screen, but make text of apps, etc. on the other Start/Config screens unreadable (white text on a light grey or wild back ground is not a good combo).

1) So, we can or cannot use other WinMO 6.5 themes with these new ROM versions where icons are relocated to the bottom?

2) If we try a different theme on your Bliss 2.4.1 build, is there a way to get back to Bliss? I see the files under the My Themes folder, but the Today config screen doesn't list it as a theme you can choose. I can't even pick e.g. Classic Blue then add the Bliss background back manually as the background files under My Themes won't show for some reason when selecting a background.

3) The Classic Blue theme on the Bliss 2.4.1 build -- what the heck does't it look like its tiling the background image? Am sure this is a M$ thing, but good grief....

Keep up the good work Bill - these are great, and I'm sure you must be putting a ton of effort into it. I'm trying to get off of M2D and onto Titanium, and these latest more finger friendly releases from M$ are helping. Now if they could just have an favorite app launch and contact screen integrated into Titanium that is more like M2D I would be very happy indeed. I read on XDA we may get something like that soon....

-Craig