Ultralite 23088/23506, MegAmnia 21872 and Kitchen(28008/23511/23091/21874).

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999

waremike, you'll want to avoid recmodding resource dll's. They are stuck into slot 63 (if memory serves me right), and actually do more harm than good (when recmodded). I've got almost everything in the list. There's a few other files here and there that can be added, but I would remove the resource dll's from the list.

As for the i900, everyone has OEM_Lang, it's a basic part of any kitchen. It's in the OEM folder, in OEM_Lang. It's normally hidden by default. If you run 'clear file attributes' it should show up if you have system and hidden files not shown.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Did you add your OEM? It should be in OEM_Lang.

Edit - Actually, I'm not familiar with the i900 OEM so it may be somewhere else, but you should definitely have it. Can anyone with an i900 confirm?

thankyou

OK, i've found initflashfiles but it already unicode.

Guest WoZZeR999

Also make sure that you are using the the i900 OEMXIPKernel I posted and using Base Kitchen v1.02.

I'll see if I can get sector to help me out over the next couple of days.

Guest Mastergreeny

Version 3 of the ROM is Great!!

Thanks for your hard work Wozzer

Edit 1: Actually after a few more tests text messaging is not working correctly. When you receive a text it will immediately delete it when you view it. Also, when you send a text is appears as though it gets sent but it does not. I installed vito-SMS and it will let you send and receive correctly.

Edit 2: Looks like a hard reset fixed it.

Edited by Mastergreeny

Also make sure that you are using the the i900 OEMXIPKernel I posted and using Base Kitchen v1.02.

I'll see if I can get sector to help me out over the next couple of days.

Can I use Imgfs.src ,imgfs-lzx.src, os.nb from your kitchen to cook i900?

If can't How can I make ?

Thankyou in advance.

Guest seanosaur

I'm extremely new at this and need help.

Here are the steps that I am following (from omniarom.com)

1. In SYS folder make 23047 folder with all SYS files in it

2. In ROM/XIP folder make 23047 folder with MSXIPkernel

3. Place OEMs in OEM folder

4. Take XIP from 23047 and place in the base of the kitchen

5. Run shell.cmd and type osnbtool -c os.nb 1 xip.bin

6. delete old os.nb, rename new one to os.nb

7. I then ran enablexpr.cmd, enablelzx.cmd, clear file attributes.cmd (not sure if any of these did anything)

7a. Run recmodsys.cmd

8. Buildrom.cmd

9.Wait and flash

The problem that I keep encountering is this:

When I run Buildrom.cmd i get this error

ERROR - Can not open the source Uncompress file

The system cannot find the file specified.

Deleting Temp

Press any key to continue . . .

Any idea what it means and how to fix it?

Guest zakengen
The problem with non-booting (stuck at second boot screen, the looping animation) roms might be initflashfiles.dat in OEM_Lang. You need to resave it as ANSI or Unicode.

will can you tell me how to do that and thanks

Guest WoZZeR999

I'm building and uploading a 23047 now. I don't know what's wrong with my 23049.

Also, don't listen to the guys at omniarom.com, they have no idea what they are talking about.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest xenspidey
I'm building and uploading a 23047 now. I don't know what's wrong with my 23049.

Also, don't listen to the guys at omniarom.com, they have no idea what they are talking about.

The only issue i noticed with your 23049 is the SIP is a little different and the options button under input doesn't work. The redirects are missing but i see you added input and owner under system settings. the input selection doesn't seem to do anything other than bring up the keyboard for a split second.

The link was a little messed up to it but it was easy enough to figure out. I'll look into the 23047 when it's uploaded

@ seanosaur

I had that same problem and I ran enable Xpr, and then I ran Clear File Attributes and let it run till it closes

Then build

It cleared up my issue do not know if it will work for you

WoZZer you broke my rom virginity..And had spoiled me. I'm glad your back. And thanks for being my first and hopefully my last.......damn that sounds gay lmao . But we missed you.

Guest ATSsupport

Hey WoZZer is there something special about your custom dialer?? I can't make it go away, I've installed both the original samsung dialer and also the Spam alert PhoneEx suite but your dialer won't go away.

Guest ATSsupport
My Dialer is the windows dialer. Nothing custom about it. I deleted the samsung dialer.

Hmmmm then I'm stumped, I figured you removed the samsung dialer, thats why I ran the qbus cab to put it back in, but the more concerning thing is the phone_Ex suite I use it almost exclusively anymore, all the other roms i've used I have not had a problem with it, but with yours when I press the send key and the windows dialer comes up and not the phone_Ex like its supposed to, this has happened on all three version of this ultralight rom..

I guess if anyone finds a workaround let me know. The only reason I don't use the windows one is because there is no vibrate feedback when the phone is on vibrate. Anyways WoZZers great job on this!! glad to have you back, even if its only limited.

Edited by ATSsupport

Guest ATSsupport
I don't use Spam alert because it never did anything good, it only screwed up my phone. Does it install fine, just the 'send' button doesn't work right?

Yeah the cab installs normally, I restart, I open it, I register it and I goto into options I make sure the "assign <call> button to phone_ex phonepad and I make sure to uncheck the "use phone_ex <incoming call>(this is the only thing I find that doesn't normally work correctly) Normally thats all I have to do. I then restart again just to make sure everything takes, but when I press send your dialer still comes up. Also when I installed the samsung dialer, it went in no problem, rebooted, when into advanced config phone->phone skin->enabled, reboot again but still your dialer comes up.

i am sure this is a stupid question but is this for bell's omnia or still only for verizon?

Thought i read somewhere you had a bell rom for sale wozzer. anyway i have not bricked my phone yet but i was interested in maybe finding a barebones version of windows and maybe tring to learn how to cook up a rom so i can just have the apps i want.

Guest WoZZeR999

I would never sell a rom... You can try flashing it, and try using a bell carrier fix from DCD (google it). Not sure if it will work, but it's worth a shot.

If you click start -> phone, does iconsux dialer come up, or windows dialer?

Edited by WoZZeR999

right on. not sure i want to try something that u are unsure if it will work... maybe i just deal with what i got for now. i can afford to ruin my phone right now. thanks for the info though

Guest ATSsupport
I would never sell a rom... You can try flashing it, and try using a bell carrier fix from DCD (google it). Not sure if it will work, but it's worth a shot.

If you click start -> phone, does iconsux dialer come up, or windows dialer?

windows.

Guest seanosaur
@ seanosaur

I had that same problem and I ran enable Xpr, and then I ran Clear File Attributes and let it run till it closes

Then build

It cleared up my issue do not know if it will work for you

tried that and no luck. it's almost like i'm missing a file in the kitchen base?

Guest Mastergreeny
Hmmmm then I'm stumped, I figured you removed the samsung dialer, thats why I ran the qbus cab to put it back in, but the more concerning thing is the phone_Ex suite I use it almost exclusively anymore, all the other roms i've used I have not had a problem with it, but with yours when I press the send key and the windows dialer comes up and not the phone_Ex like its supposed to, this has happened on all three version of this ultralight rom..

I guess if anyone finds a workaround let me know. The only reason I don't use the windows one is because there is no vibrate feedback when the phone is on vibrate. Anyways WoZZers great job on this!! glad to have you back, even if its only limited.

Mine let me change the dialer to something different but before I installed it I opened advanced config and change phone skin to enabled. Soft reset then installed and it worked just fine.

Edited by Mastergreeny