UK Hero Rom update install issue...

Guest 3djon

Need some advice from the pros here.

Started installing the UK ROM onto my unlocked hero, and its been 27 min now, the phone says "ZIP Header Checking ..." and xp pro has been telling me "Updating Signatures" with periods forming in a line then repeating....

So im doing this on a XP virtual machine via parallels 4.0.3846, and nothing has changed in the past 30 min.

The hour glass in windows pops up every 6 seconds which is leading me to believe this whole thing is stuck in some loop, the VM isnt frozen, i can fully use windows while this is going, im just worried why this is taking so long.

So what should I do..wait it out for another 30 min? Pull the USB plug? Pull battery? But im afraid the last 2 options will brick my unlocked hero...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Little update here: decided to yank the USB and pull battery, phone is fine, nothing was reased works just as it did 35 min ago, so im going to do this in my win 7 boot camp partition (using the WIN 7 HTC SYNC workaround) and see how this goes.

im happy my phone isnt bricked.

UPDATE: Rom installed, now the painful process of re installing every app and getting my google account to sync properly again...

Edited by 3djon