i8000 Full Backup ROM on your PDA

Guest taril

Guest inmatrixout
i'm sure at 99% this image in hidden partition is NOT for backup purpose.

This is the source for utility to change language.

When you switch from one language to another, internal flasher takes this image and combine IMGFS part with selected language packs and then flash it into main ROM as new IMGFS.

after more investigating, this image contains:

1) its own header

2) copy of EBoot image

3) XIP+ULDR+IMGFS - standard ROM parts (excluding language specific packs)

4) TFAT32 partition with language packs

It's possible to make:

1) PDA part in nb0 format (like H6 and H9) from parts 3 and 4

2) EBoot image from part 2

One interesting thing:

my original ROM was H9. Hidden partition contaned copy of this rom. I've flashed H5(MST format) and copy changed to H5 as well. After that i've flashed H9(nb0 format), but copy cetained H5 version.

So, i think, flashing NB0 ROM will not put copy into hidden partition. And most likely if you will change language in device settings, it will revert back into latest MST-formatted ROM (in my case H5).

This conclusions requires more investigation. It requires several re-flashing to provide real proof.

You are right!!!

A friend of mine has an Omnia II with then known problem problem in "My storage"... so it is possible to flash the the Phone & Pda part but is unable to flash the csc part :)

So if flash with MST format change the file in that partition then I think the hidden partition would storage ROM as MST format too.( but it merge with EBOOT and etc into one single file).

Could you try to copying first 100-200Byte of MST file and search in that big file in hidden partition, I think you will find the same thing in it.

There are no big differences betweem NB0, MST and MLI formats. All of them contain main PDA part and LANGPACK parts.

Actually, i don't care about MST format because its structure more complicated than NB0.

Since both NB0 and MST can be flashed, NB0 is enough.

Most important is that we can re-create flashable EBoot and PDA files.

So, if somebody will come out with WM6.5 preinstalled, he/she can share Cubic37.MLI format and we will have WM6.5 without waiting someone to grab original firmware from service center.

Bad think is that CSC file is not retriveable from device yet.

I think it requires some additional investigation. OS somehow retrieve files from CSC then there should be way to access it.

I have the full version of WinHex, Can Anyone tell me tow to extract the rom

Connect ur I8000 via mass storage (select My Storage). THen access the partition via Winhex and u can see the files.

Guest D3vil Owns
Connect ur I8000 via mass storage (select My Storage). THen access the partition via Winhex and u can see the files.

can you tell me what is the file names .. i don see any hidden files

can you tell me what is the file names .. i don see any hidden files

hidden partition, not files.

Read manual for WinHex. Why people here have to teach you how to use WinHex? It's titally offtopic here.

Either you study by yourself, or leave it. Without good knowledge you even risking to brick your Omnia II.

What i can see is that backup totally useless for you with such experience.

Guest D3vil Owns
hidden partition, not files.

Read manual for WinHex. Why people here have to teach you how to use WinHex? It's titally offtopic here.

Either you study by yourself, or leave it. Without good knowledge you even risking to brick your Omnia II.

What i can see is that backup totally useless for you with such experience.

There no harm for ask buddy ... This my first time used WinHex ... for ur info i have HTC Touch 5.0 to 6.1 and i have HtC Dimond from 5.1 to 6.5 and HTC Touch 3G from 6.1 to 6.5 .. i just need to know how to dump the rom so i can contribute my cook rom to this samsung omnia i8000 ... well look like this forum have a hand full good cook so tks to u from not giving a hand on this ... it much better on HTC froum there more halpfull  compare to this samsung forum ... 

Tks u for your knowlage

Hi,

Open WinHex, Click on Tools>Open Disk, enter any case title/number and click ok. Select Removable Medium 2 (7.7GB), USB and click ok.\

U shld c a Removable Medium P2 tab. Pics below:

post-538416-1253713048_thumb.png

post-538416-1253713064_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Hi guys just extacted out the cubic37.mli from my J6 ROM . Now how to extract the other parts like the .nb0 out from it. Thanks

Edited by jermx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alkandery75

Hi,

I have Omnia i8000 with WM6.1 and

PDA: I8000JPIJ3

CSC: I8000XSGIJ4

Phone: I8000XXIJ2

The most important files I need from the device is the Arabic Support ones since it is a Middle East release and has the Language files there... So, please advice...

I downloaded WinHex and open "My Storage", but it has one partition only which is the un-hidden one with my files, and I could not get the hidden partition...

• 1 month later...
Guest Maeffy1

Hi all,

For all who don't want to buy (or not buy -> find ?) a Winhex license, I wrote a little documentation with a open source tool from cgsecurity.org to extract the cubic37.mli from my austrian I8000.

You cant backup files greater 200kb with winhex in eval mode....

Have fun and backup first :)

Maeffy

OMNIAII_I8000_Backup_mli.pdf

Guest Mr Man2003
Hi all,

For all who don't want to buy (or not buy -> find ?) a Winhex license, I wrote a little documentation with a open source tool from cgsecurity.org to extract the cubic37.mli from my austrian I8000.

Have fun and backup first B)

Maeffy

Thanks Maeffy... You are King ;) ... Working like charm :)

• 2 months later...
Guest santoo
Hi all,

Have fun and backup first :mellow:

Maeffy

thanks a LOT for a really excellent & easy to follow guide! <_<

• 1 month later...
Guest dexlee

now after dumping cubic37.mli, what should we do to restore that firmware back to our i8000 when we want to back to original firmware?

Guest lastnikita

ok, I realised a long time ago I had that hidden partition which wasted a quarter of internal storage (yeah I got the 2GB version ;))

Now, I don't want any backup, may I delete it and extend the other one (or re-create it if you prefer) ?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, I want those +500mb promised by samsung back :)

Edited by lastnikita

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Leon_mx
Hi all,

Maeffy

Maeffy1:

I just say: THANKS.....!!!!!

Guest Leon_mx
Hi all,

Maeffy

Maeffy1:

I just say: THANKS.....!!!!!

Guest lastnikita
ok, I realised a long time ago I had that hidden partition which wasted a quarter of internal storage (yeah I got the 2GB version :))

Now, I don't want any backup, may I delete it and extend the other one (or re-create it if you prefer) ?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, I want those +500mb promised by samsung back :)

any idea ? :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest centodue

Hello all,

cubic37.mli is a WM 6.1 or 6.5 dump ROM?

Is it just a i8000 version or it could be used for B7610 (Omnia Pro) ?

I have a B7610 and I updated it with official WM6.5 and only after I discovered the possibility to dump my original ROM, so I made it (but WM6.5 was already installed)

Using WinHex i extracted .nb0 file starting by Louvre.MLI file, but when I re-flashed with Octans the "nb0" on B7610 I found again WM6.5 :)

Now I am searching WM6.1 original version and I don't know if it is ok i8000 dump for my Omnia pro.

My is a italian version (i don't know if this could be a problem)

Thank you

Giorgio