Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Guest Rob Storm

First, I want to Thank WoZZeR for his Kitchen and Waremike32 for all his help and tutoring! Without them my ROM would have not been possible!

I would also like to thank the following people for all their help and support:

Lioryte, Adrynalyne, Mr. BW, TechMaster, Mr Capcom, and Bgilll55. And lots of other people as well

This Is a CF03 Based ROM for the SCH-I910.

Flashing your device might brick it.

I am not the one responsible if you brick your phone since I take no responsibility.

Flash at your own risk.

Removed:

All cursors

Security check

Screen Calibration on first boot (You must tap the top left of the screen at 1st boot)

Theme Editor

Connected Home

Digital Frame

Main Menu

Media Album

Non English Keyboards

Photo Slides

Podcasts

RSS

Samsung Call Logs

Samsung Phonebook

Samsung Today 1

Shozu

Smart Converter

Smart Memo

Testing exes

Text Messsage Retry

Touch Player

Video Editor

Visual Voice Mail

Welcome Center

Windows Update

Zoomer

And more...

Added:

PhatFingers 3.1 Carbon Dialer

Custom Incoming Call Screen

Camera button mapped to OK/Close

Voice button mapped to Start

Voice button hold mapped to Microsoft Tellme

Showcase 1.1

ATContacts Plugin

BluetoothIconBroker

Capital Titanium Panels

File Explorer Extensions

FTouchSL

Mortscript

Personalizer 3.0

Samsung Black Keyboard

SD TuneUp

Showaco cHome Editor 1.6

Titanium Weather

Microsoft Tellme

Various Fixes & Tweaks

Known Isues:

Screenshots:

Dialer.pngLock.pngIncoming.pngMessaging.pngHome.pngMemory.png

Please let me know what you think. :)

Download:

Version 13.0 (28205)

Storm 28205 Version 13.0

Version 12.0 (28014)

Storm 28014 Version 12.0

Version 11.0 (28011)

Storm 28011 Version 11.0

Version 10.0 (28008)

Storm 28008 Version 10.0

Version 9.0 (28005)

Storm 28005 Version 9.0

Version 8.0 (28004)

Storm 28004 Version 8.0

Version 7.0 (28002)

Storm 28002 Version 7.0

Version 6.0 (23088)

Storm 23088 Version 6.0

Version 5.0 (23085)

Storm 23085 Version 5.0

Version 4.0 (23081)

Storm 23081 Version 4.0

Version 3.0 (23075)

Storm 23075 Version 3.0

Version 2.3 (23064)

Storm 23064 Version 2.3

Version 2.1 (23064)

Storm 23064 Version 2.1

Version 1.3 (23053)

Storm 23053 Version 1.3

Version 1.2 (23053)

Storm 23053 Version 1.2

Edited by Rob Storm

Guest myoder020

Only one problem so far. The sounds and notifications is messed up. I can't change the ring type or the ring tone. It would be cool if you could incorporate XDA_UC in your next release.

Guest Rob Storm
Only one problem so far. The sounds and notifications is messed up. I can't change the ring type or the ring tone. It would be cool if you could incorporate XDA_UC in your next release.

Thabks for the feedback. I will try to work out the problem. I will also look into adding XDA_UC in my next release.

Guest myoder020

Hehe okay that one problem is actually a big problem, I just realized when I receive a call my phone doesn't ring. I receive the call but my phone doesn't make a sound.

Guest Rob Storm
Hehe okay that one problem is actually a big problem, I just realized when I receive a call my phone doesn't ring. I receive the call but my phone doesn't make a sound.

Thank you so much for trying my 21857 ROM. I must go back to the drawing board on it. In the meantime, please try my 23053 ROM. I believe all the issues are fixed in 23053.

Guest pillagingjack

So far I like it. I have been a faithful bgill follower, but your 16 mb pp caught my attention. I like how quick it responds. The only issues I have are the lack of kinetic scrolling and the cc20 keyboard is a slower response time than that of the Shokka keyboard. I am currently looking for the cab of the keyboard (which after this shift at work, its eluding me, so if you have one handy or know where to get one, please share!!) Also, I think that it was concluded that if you install, but don't activate, ftouchsl, then it activated kinetic scrolling. I am not sure, so I am gonna give it a whirl. All in all, good job buddy!!

Nate

Guest brandogg

You might want to blur out your MAC address there, then again, maybe not. Nice work though, sounds like a lean and clean ROM. I think I'll wait to see what has been removed before I decide to flash it, but I like what has been added. Does this have the hexagon-based start menu?

Guest pillagingjack

Ill keep looking for the shokka keyboard when I get home tonight after dinner. I am leaving the office now, but I am gonna stick around a few minutes to dl this new build and test it out. I am stoked! If I happen to find the shokka OEM, ill let you know!

GOOD WORK

Nate

Guest smwoodward

one problem i have seen. when installing programs like visual voice mail, after the install, when you try to run the program it says

the file 'vvm' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. if the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file.

i know the cab is good, as i was using this exact cab with a different cooked rom. it also did this with a few other programs i tried to install.

:::EDIT:::

found the problem, i installed .net 3.5 and the problem went away. can you bake in the .net framework.

Edited by smwoodward

Guest Rob Storm
one problem i have seen. when installing programs like visual voice mail, after the install, when you try to run the program it says

the file 'vvm' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. if the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file.

i know the cab is good, as i was using this exact cab with a different cooked rom. it also did this with a few other programs i tried to install.

:::EDIT:::

found the problem, i installed .net 3.5 and the problem went away. can you bake in the .net framework.

Sorry about that, fixed in versio n 1.2.

Guest smwoodward

here's another issue i have seen. opera is still the default browser, and when click a link, i get the "operal does not exist" error. when i open IE, it does say that it isn't the default browser and would i like to change it, but it is not giving me the option to say yes, it only says no and ok, and pressing ok does noting.

Guest Rob Storm
here's another issue i have seen. opera is still the default browser, and when click a link, i get the "operal does not exist" error. when i open IE, it does say that it isn't the default browser and would i like to change it, but it is not giving me the option to say yes, it only says no and ok, and pressing ok does noting.

I'll work on that.

Since Adryn has left the pack to do more important things like finish college, I've been trying a number of different ROMs and, to day, yours is the one I've enjoyed the most. Quick, stable, not too much extras added. One request, though, don't add XDA_UC to any future builds. While the convenience seems desirable, I've not had real good consistent success with several different builds using it. It wasn't real fast, you don't know where in your sequence it is and, if you do a soft re-set, it will be activated again. It didn't appear to try and re-install any apps but it did slow down the soft reset quite a bit.

Anyway, great job. Anything new coming up?

Guest Rob Storm
Since Adryn has left the pack to do more important things like finish college, I've been trying a number of different ROMs and, to day, yours is the one I've enjoyed the most. Quick, stable, not too much extras added. One request, though, don't add XDA_UC to any future builds. While the convenience seems desirable, I've not had real good consistent success with several different builds using it. It wasn't real fast, you don't know where in your sequence it is and, if you do a soft re-set, it will be activated again. It didn't appear to try and re-install any apps but it did slow down the soft reset quite a bit.

Anyway, great job. Anything new coming up?

Thanks for the kudos. I really have no desire to use XDA_UC but may start building two ROMS for each version. One with and One without XDA_UC. I personally don't use it but I probably will provide a seperate ROM for those that do.

New Version should be up this evening after I finish some additional testing.

1st Post Updated :)

Version 1.3

Removed

Samsung Phonebook

Samsung Call Logs

Rob, are those the only two things different between 1.2 and 1.3? Or did you make other internal changes?

Guest smwoodward
1st Post Updated :)

Version 1.3

Removed

Samsung Phonebook

Samsung Call Logs

that is actually too bad for right now, i use both of those and the cabs to install them don't work 100% where having these in your rom did work 100%.