Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Guest gr8games
Storm....

You are awesome. I love the new ROM. I am really looking forward to seeing the next one. This one is pretty cool. The only thing I would like to see in it that isn't is the feature that Blazingwolf's has of turning the phone into a Wifi Router. That is a pretty cool feature. Let me know if you know where a cab is for that one.

Thanks,

Dewain

thought i would tell you guys that i just downloaded this wifi router and it seems to work great. i tried the other one listed above and couldn't get it working.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...-verizon-omnia/

also this rom sounds good, i just might have to give it a whirl soon. sounds pretty smooth

Guest flanker1743
23071. Here is the link. I will not have time to update my list this weekend as I will be in Nashville.

http://www.4shared.com/file/141164908/2bd7...Flash23071.html

Thanks, Rob! I'll let you know how it runs once I get around to flashing it. I've got a pretty busy weekend, but maybe Saturday night I'll be able to. Have fun in Nashville!

Guest Renirus

i have version 23069 on my verizon omnia and it does everything i want except the wifi will not work or even show up i have no luck trying to find a cab file for it any help would be great i have done a hard reset to

Guest snitsman

I've flashed almost a dozen times in the last few days trying to find a good rom and I like this one the best but it does not play divx movies. All I get is sound. Is there a fix for this?

Guest flanker1743

Rob,

I flashed 23071 yesterday, and it's running very smooth and snappy. No unusual hangups on anything, and a very responsive ROM! I haven't installed too much to it yet, but I don't think I'll have many problems. :) Fantastic work. Get back safe from Nashville!

Guest Grassguy

Hey Storm, In another post you said that you keep madia album in? Is this true for this ROM, in the removed list it's in there. If it is, do you know if it works? Every cab i've installed doesn't work (well technically they "work" but you can't MMS from it or view videos).

Thanks

Guest Rob Storm
Hey Storm, In another post you said that you keep madia album in? Is this true for this ROM, in the removed list it's in there. If it is, do you know if it works? Every cab i've installed doesn't work (well technically they "work" but you can't MMS from it or view videos).

Thanks

Yea, I left it in 23071. Seems to work for me but I don't use a lot of media type stuff. I am now safely back from Nashville. Extremly tired so I will work on ROMS in the AM.

:)

Guest flanker1743

Hey Rob, maybe it's just me, but the Kinetic scrolling is kinda hit or miss. I'm using the default settings and sometimes it'll do kinetic scrolling, other times it'll do the windows default clicky-scrolling. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or missing a setting?

i have version 23069 on my verizon omnia and it does everything i want except the wifi will not work or even show up i have no luck trying to find a cab file for it any help would be great i have done a hard reset to

did you see post 44?

Guest Samuel Ryberg
Sorry it's taken me so long to release another ROM, Have had a lot going on.

Anyways, 1st post updated with Version 3.0 (23075)

Enjoy!! :)

Well I'm flashing it right now... lets see how this is...

Guest Rob Storm

I have also added 21870 based ROM. Please see post #2.

Also, if enough people want, I can also make a real minimalist ROM for those that like to have a real base ROM and utilize XDA_UC to fully customize their ROM.

:)

Guest betachristopher
I have also added 21870 based ROM. Please see post #2.

Also, if enough people want, I can also make a real minimalist ROM for those that like to have a real base ROM and utilize XDA_UC to fully customize their ROM.

:D

I would be interested in a real base ROM. But would still like EZ Input to remain in it. I just tried your 23075 ROM, and I get the camera module not found error when I try to use it in video mode. Didn't I see a fix for this somewhere?

Guest eclsnowman

I would like to see a version without EZinput keyboard. Finger Keyboard is fine for me because I turn off XT9 anyway. The fact that EZinput breaks video function is a deal breaker for me.

Edited by eclsnowman

Guest popsinger
I would like to see a version without EZinput keyboard. Finger Keyboard is fine for me because I turn off XT9 anyway. The fact that EZinput breaks video function is a deal breaker for me.

yes it will be nice to have an ultralite base rom without anything that breaks other functions like of course the video. wozzer had a nice ultralite base rom but of course, the problem is also on the cam/video function. another thing is, in my opinion, a 16mb pagepool is an overkill. not any more than 8mb will be great. can't really notice much difference with these large pagepools. i've actually experienced low memory problems because of the large pagepool that i have to reset everytime. lioryte mentioned that he's dropping down to an 8mb pagepool on his next release. anyway, just my opinion and i don't mean to offend anybody.

Guest stratman2009

Thanks much for this rom!!! I love the keyboard and think it is the first one that is easy for me to type and not be totally frusterated. I have been flashing all along, so i have an idea what these are supposed to do, and have the followng problems with this one (although it fixes some problems i had with 23071)

So far i have noticed that

The email menu and all the message menues (like text) have incredibly tiny type. I could not find a registry setting to change this, the one for menu bar changes the button text size.

If you open an email the reply button is greyed out (as is the reply from the pop up menu)

I am using exchange, btw, this worked in all pervious versions.

Also, if you go to the dial screen and find a contact, you can see the name, highlight it, but there is no way to select it.

The selection from the message screens is not as good as it has been, either (sometimes you get the pop up menu instead)

Everything else seems to work better than before, so thanks so much for all your hard work, and please let me know if this is not the right place to report these issues

One other thing - in the email screen, some of the from names are blank where previousl versions showed names.

Guest stratman2009
Thanks much for this rom!!! I love the keyboard and think it is the first one that is easy for me to type and not be totally frusterated. I have been flashing all along, so i have an idea what these are supposed to do, and have the followng problems with this one (although it fixes some problems i had with 23071)

So far i have noticed that

The email menu and all the message menues (like text) have incredibly tiny type. I could not find a registry setting to change this, the one for menu bar changes the button text size.

If you open an email the reply button is greyed out (as is the reply from the pop up menu)

I am using exchange, btw, this worked in all pervious versions.

Also, if you go to the dial screen and find a contact, you can see the name, highlight it, but there is no way to select it.

The selection from the message screens is not as good as it has been, either (sometimes you get the pop up menu instead)

Everything else seems to work better than before, so thanks so much for all your hard work, and please let me know if this is not the right place to report these issues

One other thing - in the email screen, some of the from names are blank where previousl versions showed names.

Update to the selection from the messing screens problem -- After working with this for a whiie i see that if you tap on the right of messaging menu it is like select, and on the left it is like right click. I am left handed and happend to tap right on the border of the 2 areas. So this is not a problem, just needed to understand what it is supposed to do. Is there anywhere that somebody has posted what changes are supposed to be included? Thanks much again!!

Guest Rob Storm

1st and 2nd post updated with newest builds. 23081 & 21872. Both ROM's seem to run flawless for me now.

I also have cooken in Resco Photo Viewer 5.0 which is free. All the associations are correct as well.

My best ROM's yet!!

Guest deshwasi
1st and 2nd post updated with newest builds. 23081 & 21872. Both ROM's seem to run flawless for me now.

I also have cooken in Resco Photo Viewer 5.0 which is free. All the associations are correct as well.

My best ROM's yet!!

thanks for the new updates. can someone tell me what the diff is between the 2 builds 23081 & 21872. dont know on what basis to pick one.

Guest Rob Storm
Flashing 23081 now.

Rob, what are the chances of a M2D edition of one of your roms coming out?

Never built one. I'll see what I can do. I love a challenge. :D

Edited by Rob Storm