Photo

13/10 1.2 - the MoDaCo Custom ROM is here (rooted with custom Kernel with swap/netfilter + more!)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Tisti

Tisti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Installed it today, works great so far. Hope you continue to do newer builds :D

A feature request, if possible, can you make an option that allows you to have 3/5/7 home screens? 3 are fine, but a little tight when you fill it up :)

testm1n

testm1n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

This ROM includes the XXIH8 radio, but I am not 100% sure whether the script is installing it properly (I was already on XXIH8 radio)... any feedback would be appreciated.

Hello Paul,

I attempted to direcly upgrade an IG1 with this ROM, but Radio is still stuck to IG1 although the upgrade goes without error.

The phone application is now crashing all the time and prevent phone usage. Any idea ?

Do you know if IPv6 is into the kernel (ip address does not display any fe80 addresses at this time) ?

Thanks & Regards,
TM

Attached Files

Alsybub

Alsybub

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD
  • Twitter:@Alsybub
Anyone noticed that it says 'Drag down to unlock or place an emergency call' on the lock screen? I thought this was only if there was no coverage or the wrong SIM?

Edited by Alsybub, 27 September 2009 - 02:11 PM.

livingcode

livingcode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i7500 Galaxy
Hello!

Im new in android rooting, costum ROMs and stuff. I have some questions...

If I install this costum rom on my galaxy, how will I get updates (for ROM of course)? Does it have an internal uploader app? Do I always need to flash newer version over? What will happen with my apps/settings if I flash it over? Do I always need to do backup?

Thank You for help! I appreciate it!

damjanmi

damjanmi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:i900, i7500
Paul: when will you be relesing this great custom ROM based od I5? Can you use Android 1.6 for the base or must this be made by Samsung?

Regards, Damjan

NicolaF

NicolaF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy
Hi everybody.

Wifi tether now works on the Galaxy ! The iptables binary is missing, but you can use the one shipped with version 1.52 and put it in /system/bin/.

@Paul: Could you embed it in your next ROM ?

testm1n

testm1n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi everybody.

Wifi tether now works on the Galaxy ! The iptables binary is missing, but you can use the one shipped with version 1.52 and put it in /system/bin/.

Hello NicolaF,

Do you know how I can only make an upgrade of the kernel ? I got I5 firmware but I anticipate ipfilter is not enable. I was looking to bring an hybrid ROM with a new kernel, but I got no idea how to extract Paul's kernel from its ROM and insert it in my curent running phone.

Rgs,
TM

tiran

tiran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:NexusOne

Hi everybody.

hey can u tell me how u got it work? My log say:

loading wlan.ko module...
insmo: cant open /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko
and
configuring WiFi interface
wlan_loader:not found

the rest setup correctly

im using MaDoCo rom with netfilter enabled

thx for help

tiran

tiran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
sorry bother u i had the old version installed and I replaced it with the other. dosent work!! needed to uninstall the old version.
now its working
thx anyway

NicolaF

NicolaF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

@Paul: Your ROM is fantastic, but I'm missing the TAP/TUN devices for openvpn, so I decided to build my own kernel. It works (almost, i need a fresher ifconfig), but I always break netfilter (wifi tether fails setting FW rules).

Could you please post your .config ?

Thanks

kam187

kam187

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
any eta on the I5 version? I'm debating weather to update or not. Are we looking at days or over a week?

Walkabout - ICS and HoneyComb Compatible! Try it Free
http://android.modac...__hl__walkabout

mrbrdo

mrbrdo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy i7500
  • Twitter:@mrbrdo

any eta on the I5 version? I'm debating weather to update or not. Are we looking at days or over a week?

same for me, i am waiting for the I5 version to update. as far as i've heard so far, great work btw!
you can download the original I5 firmware for odin here: http://forum.i7500wo...?...=33&start=0

Edited by mrbrdo, 30 September 2009 - 03:43 PM.

tiran

tiran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hi,

@Paul: Your ROM is fantastic, but I'm missing the TAP/TUN devices for openvpn, so I decided to build my own kernel. It works (almost, i need a fresher ifconfig), but I always break netfilter (wifi tether fails setting FW rules).

Could you please post your .config ?

Thanks

Hi,
have u make the iptables executable?

use adb shell
chmod 755 /system/bin/iptables

NicolaF

NicolaF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello NicolaF,

Do you know how I can only make an upgrade of the kernel ? I got I5 firmware but I anticipate ipfilter is not enable. I was looking to bring an hybrid ROM with a new kernel, but I got no idea how to extract Paul's kernel from its ROM and insert it in my curent running phone.

Rgs,
TM

Hello,

Flashing only the boot partition (using flashboot) might work. Be sure to do a nandroid backup before.

Regards

NicolaF

NicolaF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi,
have u make the iptables executable?

use adb shell
chmod 755 /system/bin/iptables

Hi,

Yes, i have it. Kernel compilation finally succeeded, and everything works almost fine, except vpn : openvpn starts fine, tun0 is here, routes are OK, but no way to ping server. To be continued...

For those who are interested, see attachment for my .config.

Regards.

EDIT:
OpenVPN works !
Steps are :
  • Rebuild your kernel using android.config as .config
  • Download openvpn here and put it in /system
  • ln -s /system/xbin /system/xbin/bb (openvpn searches route and ifconfig here, don't know why)
  • Put update-resolv-conf where you want (/system/bin for instance). This is the Debian one, modified to use setprop and not resolvconf.
  • Launch openvpn : openvpn --script-security 2 --config /path/to/your/openvpn.conf
Your configuration file must contain the following options to work (see attachment) :
  • dev-node /dev/tun (won't create /dev/tunX without that)
  • up /system/bin/update-resolv-conf (to update DNS servers list with the infos pushed by the server)
  • down /system/bin/update-resolv-conf (to reset DNS servers list when shutting VPN down)
Remember that if you are using certificates, the private key file should not be world or group readable, or openvpn wont start.

WARNING : at the moment, the update-resolv-conf script fails to restore DNS settings (getprop net.dns1/2 returns an empty string, so no way to save those properties before modifying them). If anyone has an idea...

Have fun !

Attached Files

Edited by NicolaF, 01 October 2009 - 04:17 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
You realise you can pull the current kernel config from any running device by grabbing /proc/config.gz and ungzipping right?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Trass3r

Trass3r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

This ROM includes the XXIH8 radio, but I am not 100% sure whether the script is installing it properly (I was already on XXIH8 radio)... any feedback would be appreciated.

No, it doesn't work. I still have IG8.
Besides that it works great, a real speedup :D

Now I just need to get me an iptables executable, would be cool if you could include it in the next release  :P EDIT:
HTC pdf viewer doesn't work anymore, the libpdfreader.so must be reuploaded to system/lib :D

Now I just need a working WLAN driver with monitor mode and packet injection for full happiness  :)

Edited by Trass3r, 02 October 2009 - 07:28 AM.

NicolaF

NicolaF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

You realise you can pull the current kernel config from any running device by grabbing /proc/config.gz and ungzipping right?

P

Hi,

No, I didn't know... Nevermind, I learned a lot building my (first) linux kernel.

Regards,
NicolaF

tiran

tiran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

No, it doesn't work. I still have IG8.
Besides that it works great, a real speedup :D

Now I just need to get me an iptables executable, would be cool if you could include it in the next release :P EDIT:
HTC pdf viewer doesn't work anymore, the libpdfreader.so must be reuploaded to system/lib :D

Now I just need a working WLAN driver with monitor mode and packet injection for full happiness :)

There is now a new version with all included available. http://code.google.c...=Samsung Galaxy

masei

masei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:@marsei
Hi,

after installing the ROM chrooting in my debian on sdcard seems to be unpossible.
After executing bootdeb I get these errors:

insmod: init_module '/data/local/bin/unionfs.ko' failed (Exec format error)
 mount: mounting unionfs on /system/etc failed: No such device
 mount: mounting unionfs on /root failed: No such device
 mount: mounting unionfs on /sbin failed: No such device
 ln: /etc/mtab: Read-only file system

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users