Looking for HTC testers

Guest CSX321

Hello, everyone,

I have a Snowglobe app that was just approved for sale in the Samsung app store.

It uses the accelerometer in the Samsung Omnia, and it should also work with the accelerometer in HTC devices. I am looking for a few HTC owners willing to try it and tell me if it does work (or not). For devices without an accelerometer, you can also simply tap the screen to "shake" the globe.

There is a demo version in the first post here. The demo has a single globe background. The registered version has over 30 built-in backgrounds, as well as the ability to use an image of your own or to snap a photo to use as a background.

Please try it and post your results. Note that you tap and hold to bring up the options menu and exit the program.

Thank you,

David Reynolds

Brass Key Software

www.brasskeysoftware.com

Works fine on mine smile.gif

Flakes perhaps a bit slow though.

Thanks for the feedback. If you give it a couple of good shakes, it should take something like 12-18 seconds for the last flake to fall back to the bottom. Is that about what you're seeing, or is it slower?

Guest Skunkchild

So that you've got something to compare to;

if I hold the phone upside down until all the flakes are resting at the top of the globe, then turn it the right way up, it will take about 50 seconds for the flakes to all fall to the bottom.

So that you've got something to compare to;

if I hold the phone upside down until all the flakes are resting at the top of the globe, then turn it the right way up, it will take about 50 seconds for the flakes to all fall to the bottom.

Hmm. Yeah, that's slow. The same thing takes 19 seconds on the Omnia. It probably has to do with the scaling of the values being read from the accelerometer. I'll see what I can do.