[WM 6.5] contable plugins for titanium with JMLPanex-support (25.10.2009 BIG UPDATE: all plugins, all versions)

Guest contable

Guest contable
Hi contable, thank you very much for these excellent plugins.

I wanted to use the standard titanium but have the functionality of the wm7 double panel theme. I managed to work around this by simply adjusting the cpr and playing with the values of focus and titanium list view height to spread out the panels and the result was excellent. Standard titanium but with double panel feature and no overlaps. Of course some additional adjustments in the cpr were required to fit the text of each panel correctly.

post-324448-1256026132_thumb.jpg post-324448-1256026263_thumb.jpg post-324448-1256026292_thumb.jpg

Thank you for your reply !! All the buttons are clickable ? Great work so far. For better result you should use a dark background. Maybe you can send me your cpr and explain what you have changed.

Greetz

contable

Guest smiler887

Yes everything is clickable but only in this order i.e. JMLToday, Speeddials then App Launcher. If I change the order in any way the JMLPanex is no longer in sync. It seems to stay put in the previous position despite going to JMLPanex to reset the plugins and then set them again. This would be my only complaint that the JMLPanex overlay is not dynamic to the position of the plugin.

Apart from this if I keep the correct order all runs well. I even tried to change the values of the DAT files that appeared in the JMLPanex but that only works until the titanium is refreshed which obviously means the DAT file gets updated from the CPR and changing the CPR each time I change the order of the plugins is alot of work.

I will PM you the CPR tomorrow. For some reason cannot find my USB cable and the other one is at work.

Keep up the good work

Guest syrguy1969

constable....I installed your app launcher tonight (standard titanium). It works great!! The only thing I can see that is flukey is (I'm sure you already know this) that it messes-up landscape every time. I would grab a screenshot except it looks different each time I try!!

P.S. smiler887...I would be interested in your work if there is a way of me using it as well...I like that double panel look!!!

(now...if I can only get the active buttone on my Today screen working LOL!!!)

Thanks constable.....great work!!

Guest smiler887
constable....I installed your app launcher tonight (standard titanium). It works great!! The only thing I can see that is flukey is (I'm sure you already know this) that it messes-up landscape every time. I would grab a screenshot except it looks different each time I try!!

P.S. smiler887...I would be interested in your work if there is a way of me using it as well...I like that double panel look!!!

Actually I just changed a couple of values to spread out the plugins on the standard titanium.

<TitaniumListView ID="HomeNav" Width="480" Height="536" Columns="1" Rows="5" ItemWidth="480" ItemHeight="78">

<Layer ID="Focus" Width="480" Height="183" Clip="False">

I also adjusted on the condensed view the height and top posistion of the text and graphics on the speeddials and applauncher but only the order of JMLToday, Speeddials and Applauncher does the panex part line up nicely. Its a bit of a trial and error.

Hope this helps.

Guest contable

At the moment landscape is not supported. This is because of JMLPanex (cache is not working in both mods). I will add the landscape support in future versions. For App Launcher it makes sense, for Speeddials I don´t think so. Stay tuned.

Greetz contable

Guest syrguy1969

I'll be keeping an eye on things, and I do see your point about speed-dials not being as important for most to work in landscape, except for the fact that usually (maybe on my device it is different) when a panel 'flubs-up' going from portrait to landscape, it seems to interfere with the operation of other panels as well...sometimes the image of a panel with overlap anything moving in the background, or mess-up the enture screen in general. No biggie if it doesn't bother anyone else, I can live with it, I'm just trying to explain what I see. :)

smiler887....thanks for the info, I'll see if I get the nerve to try some of the changes (never got a chance to learn about that, but I guess you gotta learn sometine!!

Guest contable
I'll be keeping an eye on things, and I do see your point about speed-dials not being as important for most to work in landscape, except for the fact that usually (maybe on my device it is different) when a panel 'flubs-up' going from portrait to landscape, it seems to interfere with the operation of other panels as well...sometimes the image of a panel with overlap anything moving in the background, or mess-up the enture screen in general. No biggie if it doesn't bother anyone else, I can live with it, I'm just trying to explain what I see. :)

smiler887....thanks for the info, I'll see if I get the nerve to try some of the changes (never got a chance to learn about that, but I guess you gotta learn sometine!!

Thank you for your report. I didn´t noticed that. On my device the autorotation is turned off, because it makes me nervous. I switch between portrait and landscape with a hardbutton. Usually I only use landscape for browsing or watching movies. The problem you described must be a problem of titanium not of my plugins. I will make the landscape cpr for App Launcher at the weekend, because JMLPanex 2.1 is out !!! Keep on reporting and stay tuned, my friend.

Greetz

contable

*EDIT* I think the problem is that the landscape cpr is missing. We will see at the weekend.

Edited by contable

Guest syrguy1969

claus1953....I've seen you a lot over at XDA! I was wondering if you knew where I could download that theme your using (Josito Chanante) for an Omnia (WQVGA)? The only sites I have found so far direct me to an Italian site that I can't get past the registration using a translator.

P.S. Does this theme have landscape??

Thanks

Guest jezze boi
Here are some screenshots of Speeddial and AppLauncher with TitaniumShadowNeo and with Josito Chanante themes

so.. this works on Neo Titanium too? :)

Guest claus1953
claus1953....I've seen you a lot over at XDA! I was wondering if you knew where I could download that theme your using (Josito Chanante) for an Omnia (WQVGA)? The only sites I have found so far direct me to an Italian site that I can't get past the registration using a translator.

P.S. Does this theme have landscape??

Thanks

This theme has no landscape (yet). I took the original theme from Josito Chanante and made it compatible with all plugins and converted it to all resolutions, of course giving him the due credit. You can find all resolutions in my link for theme switching below. When i have some time i will resize the panels to make landscape support. Also in my zip is not yet the last version, including support for this new plugins, i will upload them as soon as ready. The cprs have names of the theme due to theme switching, but can be renamed to Titanium if no theme switching used.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=527333

Guest syrguy1969

Thanks claus1953 for the info, I'll look at it.

constable...the new version looks pretty sweet in landscape!! I haven't had the time to figure TICS out yet, but I'll look into this new panel tonight (would installing the new version erase the apps I have set already.....no biggie, just curious?)!

Guest contable
Thanks claus1953 for the info, I'll look at it.

constable...the new version looks pretty sweet in landscape!! I haven't had the time to figure TICS out yet, but I'll look into this new panel tonight (would installing the new version erase the apps I have set already.....no biggie, just curious?)!

Yes, it will erase all apps. I have to think about a backup function. Actually I´m creating all versions of SPEEDDIALS and APP LAUNCHER with landscape- and TICS support. On the side I´m working on APP Launcher V2.0. It will be a 3in1 plugin.... After testing please post some screenshots.

You are always welcome, my friend.

Greetz

contable

Guest claus1953
Yes, it will erase all apps. I have to think about a backup function. Actually I´m creating all versions of SPEEDDIALS and APP LAUNCHER with landscape- and TICS support. On the side I´m working on APP Launcher V2.0. It will be a 3in1 plugin.... After testing please post some screenshots.

You are always welcome, my friend.

Greetz

contable

Could the registry be backed up and then restored, or did the registry keys also change for this new version?

Guest contable
Could the registry be backed up and then restored, or did the registry keys also change for this new version?

Hola mi amigo,

I had to change the registry a little bit because of the landscape support. I will add a backup/restore function in next version.

Please try a backup of the registry and report. I think it will work. Maybe I can make a cab for adding the backup/restore function.

But now I have to go sleeping. It´s late but not too late. Good night.

Edited by contable

Guest claus1953

Here are some screenshots with the new version for titanium. I played a bit with the layout and image size for the full page themes.

The first picture is for Josito Chanante theme, the second for TitaniumShadowNeo and the third for Titanium.

Greetz

post-572753-1256266316_thumb.png

post-572753-1256266326_thumb.png

post-572753-1256266336_thumb.png

Guest contable
Here are some screenshots with the new version for titanium. I played a bit with the layout and image size for the full page themes.

The first picture is for Josito Chanante theme, the second for TitaniumShadowNeo and the third for Titanium.

Greetz

It´s very nice ! I like the Josito Chanante theme. We should make a cab. If you want, please send me the cpr to my e-mail.

You are a great help, thank you very much. Everything ok with the TICS version ?

Guest claus1953
It´s very nice ! I like the Josito Chanante theme. We should make a cab. If you want, please send me the cpr to my e-mail.

You are a great help, thank you very much. Everything ok with the TICS version ?

The only problem i faced during installation was that there was a conflict with the themes having WM7 version installed. After installation of the ver 1.1 Titanium the theme did not start up anymore, i checked the cpr and at the end there were 2 </FORM> instead of 1 and this prevented the cpr to work. As said this happened to the themes where the WM7 version was installed before. I am currently modifying the Josito theme to have a landscape cpr too, as some people requested it, but i still have to convert all panels first. Now i only have the portrait cpr modded for all plugins.

Guest contable
The only problem i faced during installation was that there was a conflict with the themes having WM7 version installed. After installation of the ver 1.1 Titanium the theme did not start up anymore, i checked the cpr and at the end there were 2 </FORM> instead of 1 and this prevented the cpr to work. As said this happened to the themes where the WM7 version was installed before. I am currently modifying the Josito theme to have a landscape cpr too, as some people requested it, but i still have to convert all panels first. Now i only have the portrait cpr modded for all plugins.

I installed and removed V1.1 on a xperia x1 without problems. If there is any problem with TICS please report it to Micha.

Today I´ve made the landscape cpr for SPEEDDIALS. For the standard version I decided to increase the number of pages up to 8. When it´s finished I will send you a PM.