Marketplace for Mobile now Live!

Guest l3v5y

Marketplace-Capture3.png

This morning, I decided to check whether marketplace was up, and guess what? It was! It's only one day early, and somewhat lacking in applications, but still, this is probably good news for the platform!

It requires you to download a new version of marketplace, but it all works!

Screenshots

Guest crazyc

Just tried it - it downloaded and installed the new marketplace OK, but then failed as it said the server was unavailable.

Will try again later....

Marketplace-Capture3.png

This morning, I decided to check whether marketplace was up, and guess what? It was! It's only one day early, and somewhat lacking in applications, but still, this is probably good news for the platform!

It requires you to download a new version of marketplace, but it all works!

Screenshots

I think it's only available if you register as a developper right ?

If it's not necessary, could you send us the link to get the CAB ?

Thx

That UI is fugly.....

That may well be because it's running with very enlarged controls on my WM6.5.1 ROM.

For those that want it, the WWE cab can be grabbed from here. Enjoy!

Also, I have a feeling it'll work with WM6.1 and WM6.0 devices. Give it a shot and let us know!

Guest mwright
For those that want it, the WWE cab can be grabbed from here. Enjoy!

Also, I have a feeling it'll work with WM6.1 and WM6.0 devices. Give it a shot and let us know!

Well it apparently installed on my TOuch HD - but then disapeared. At least I can't find it!

Well it apparently installed on my TOuch HD - but then disapeared. At least I can't find it!

Yeah me too. Where could it be? Running a 6.5 ROM.

Edit. think I found it... Not sure. It says it is version 1.0.2128.000. I went to add a shortcut and looked under the Windows folder. It was called WMMarketplacefull.exe

Edited by jtoso

It might be that it doesn't create it's own shortcut... Have a look in \Windows for WMMarketplace.exe, and create a shortcut to it.

I can repackage the files as a cab, though not sure if MS would like me for doing so... :)

Edit. think I found it... Not sure. It says it is version 1.0.2128.000. I went to add a shortcut and looked under the Windows folder. It was called WMMarketplacefull.exe

1.0.2128 is the build I've got.

Guest agent.m

It's early days. but not sold on some of the high priced apps. if the guys off here and xda developers put some of their apps on here with gameloft pitching in then we might be onto something. so far its like going onto mobihand or something. let's hope it gets better.

Guest dave_a

Had a few 'server errors' but a refresh usually fixed this and working fine on WM6.1 on my Touch HD. Just had to buy an app for just over a quid to try out the process and downloaded and installed without a problem.

Edited by dave_a

It's early days. but not sold on some of the high priced apps. if the guys off here and xda developers put some of their apps on here with gameloft pitching in then we might be onto something. so far its like going onto mobihand or something. let's hope it gets better.

Problem is, developers like me who release over at XDA-Developers don't have the cash to submit applications or register for a marketplace account. If I could afford it, I'd be submitting a load of programs right now...

Guest agent.m
Problem is, developers like me who release over at XDA-Developers don't have the cash to submit applications or register for a marketplace account. If I could afford it, I'd be submitting a load of programs right now...

Forgot about that. In that case if this is all the marketplace has to offer then they are jacked already lol All the best apps for winmo are free. Time to start porting some iphone stuff sharpish.

I've checked a few times today and granted they are uploading more apps on there. seen kinoma on there which is good till you see the price £18.69 office mobile is £31.19 got both and kinoma would be worth it if the video playback was fixed. So far there is nothing on here that makes marketplace stand out from mobihand or handango etc I will reseve my judgement till after a few days. Granted marketplace hasnt officially launched yet :D

Now just waitng to see where the official 6.5 roms are gonna be available :)

Edited by agent.m

Guest arirang

successfully installed, running, and interactive on my omnia i910. first impression, dont like the teaser/mis-representation of "Free" filter--free-, share-, and trial-ware are bunched together. app descriptions dont mention either. oh, then there's the issue of marketplace possibly crippling leaked 6.5 ROM and/or removing "non-standard apps". apple does it.

Edited by arirang

Guest dave_a

Has anyone tried this today?

It was working fine yesterday on Touch HD (6.1) but now when I try to connect it says there is an update which must be installed so it downloads a new cab but then the installation of this is unsuccessful and it won't open anymore.

Guest DarkWanderer

It was working fine yesterday on Touch HD (6.1) but now when I try to connect it says there is an update which must be installed so it downloads a new cab but then the installation of this is unsuccessful and it won't open anymore.

I installed the cab on my StrTrk wm6.1 to see if it would work with WM Standard. When I ran it from the Windows folder I was presented with a full screen message: "We encountered a serious error which requires that you exit Windows Marketplace. If you can't log in after a few hour, please contact Microsoft for help." And all I have is an exit button.

Once it quit back to the Windows folder though, I noticed it had created a new subfolder called Marketplace. In there was a single text file Clientlog0.

Here are few snippets:

Client UIE failed to get screen DPI, defaulting to 96

LiveIDFramework W Live ID credentials not present

ServiceLib E UpdaterDialog: Failed to install .cab

Maybe I need to install Windows Live messenger for it to work. But by the sound of it, it wouldn't be worth the hassle and most of the apps would be aimed at WM Professional anyway.

Guest nilantha
I installed the cab on my StrTrk wm6.1 to see if it would work with WM Standard. When I ran it from the Windows folder I was presented with a full screen message: "We encountered a serious error which requires that you exit Windows Marketplace. If you can't log in after a few hour, please contact Microsoft for help." And all I have is an exit button.

Once it quit back to the Windows folder though, I noticed it had created a new subfolder called Marketplace. In there was a single text file Clientlog0.

Here are few snippets:

Client UIE failed to get screen DPI, defaulting to 96

LiveIDFramework W Live ID credentials not present

ServiceLib E UpdaterDialog: Failed to install .cab

Maybe I need to install Windows Live messenger for it to work. But by the sound of it, it wouldn't be worth the hassle and most of the apps would be aimed at WM Professional anyway.

i get the same error on my omnia i900.

Same here with my Omnia. We need the updated cab to install it ourselves.... HELP!

i just can't find the damn thing. it's installed, but i can't find it anywhere. i have an omnia i910. how do i find it???

in the windows folder. called WMMarketplacefull.exe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.