Samsung Omnia II now available on Orange from mobiles.co.uk

Guest PaulOBrien

omnia2front.png
The Samsung Omnia II is now available on Orange from mobiles.co.uk

Free on a Dolphin 30 24 month contract featuring 500 mins and unlimited texts for £30 a month (with 9 months half price line rental or £40 Auto Cashback or a free Sony DAB readio), the Omnia II looks to represent very good value.

The Omnia II features include...

- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional (WM6.5 upgrade planned)
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 (Quad-Band)
- 3G: 900/1900/2100 (Tri-Band)
- HSDPA (7.2Mbps)
- HSUPA (5.76Mbps)
- 5 mega-pixels (auto-focus) camera with LED flash
- 30fps Video Recording (VGA)
- FM Stereo Radio (RDS)
- DNSe Natural Sound
- 2GB internal memory
- 3.5mm AV connector
- Bluetooth (2.0)
- Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11g)
- AGPS
- TouchWiz II Interface
- Accelerometer

I'll have a full review online next week, but in the interim, do we have any i8000 users out there who'd care to share their experiences?

If you'd like to order, head on over to the Omnia II product page at mobiles.co.uk! [aff]

A point of note is that Mobiles.co.uk range their handsets in generic versions, so this will be SIM unlocked and free of Orange branding.

P

Guest forelli
[float][/float]

The Samsung Omnia II is now available on Orange from mobiles.co.uk

The Omnia II features include...

- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional (WM6.5 upgrade planned)

Hey Paul, here in Austria the Omnia II is available with Windows 6.5 out of the box. Do you know why?

Guest ScreamingFalcon

Just a heads-up for those of us in the US, Verizon has delayed the release of the Omnia II due to a "flaw" of some kind back to sometime in Late Oct or Late Nov. Sorry!!!

Guest forelli
Hey Paul, here in Austria the Omnia II is available with Windows 6.5 out of the box. Do you know why?

I confirm that, just received mine and changed the language from german to english, but it has the operator (A1) rom :) ... ugly as #*%&!

Without wanting to upset anyone, having bought an Omnia on Vodafone 12 months ago on an 18 month contract, I will never buy another Samsung phone again. It's been plagued with problems and Vodafone unceremoniously dropped it. It may be the ROM or it may be the phone, but I'm not risking my hard earned cash on another Samsung, now there's little "official" support and no (slight) chance of any upgrade to it...

Guest mike-oh

Just got my hand on the Omnia 2 from mobiles.co.uk today! It's very slick and the screen is gorgeous. It is preloaded with win mo 6.5.

Unfortunately, i think i've just nuked it by installing TomTom Navigator 6! It didn't like that at all. Gutted, because Tomtom is one of the main reasons i've been keeping with win mo. Any ideas?

Edited by mike-oh

"I'll have a full review online next week, but in the interim, do we have any i8000 users out there who'd care to share their experiences?"

What about your review. I think it would be very interesting.

Thanks and Regards.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Used the other aff link from the main index and ended up ordering it on a voda tariff from £20 include web :)

Unit cost £177 and would have been cheaper on another network. Unfortunately Voda is the only network I can use at work, unless I want to make calls from the carpark :(

Guest tacchan23
I'll have a full review online next week, but in the interim, do we have any i8000 users out there who'd care to share their experiences?

Using my Omnia2 for a couple of months now, really happy with it:) and I'm sure when cooked ROMs will be available it will be even better!

EDIT: I made a small video of my Omnia2 with PointSense (and it's still in Beta atm) just to show there is no lag. Sorry for the bed video quality, I have just a cheap webcam to record^^

Edited by tacchan23

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest Astracat_95
Just got my hand on the Omnia 2 from mobiles.co.uk today! It's very slick and the screen is gorgeous. It is preloaded with win mo 6.5.

Unfortunately, i think i've just nuked it by installing TomTom Navigator 6! It didn't like that at all. Gutted, because Tomtom is one of the main reasons i've been keeping with win mo. Any ideas?

I found Sygic Mobile Maps 10 to be working fine on my Omnia II, very happy with it indeed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.