73 replies to this topic

da_mafkeez

da_mafkeez

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Samsung OmniaPro

Unfortunately it is using Samsung API, so until they provide support for B7610, I don't think it can be done. I made it for my Omnia 2 and because I was happy with the result I wanted to share it.

when will the samsung sdk v2 will be available for the B7610?

simpagirl

simpagirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

when will the samsung sdk v2 will be available for the B7610?

It works on Samsung B7620

bcwatson

bcwatson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 (I920)
  • Twitter:@DocGeo

Unfortunately it is using Samsung API, so until they provide support for B7610, I don't think it can be done. I made it for my Omnia 2 and because I was happy with the result I wanted to share it.

Unfortunately, doesnt work for the CDMA version (Verizon in US). The app runs and it has a left soft key to activate the light, but every time I try, no light... Didn't even try the shortcut, just ran the .exe...

Snow02

Snow02

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Devices:Omnia SCH-i920
Nevermind.

Edited by Snow02, 15 December 2009 - 09:39 PM.

chriswells13

chriswells13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

Unfortunately, doesnt work for the CDMA version (Verizon in US). The app runs and it has a left soft key to activate the light, but every time I try, no light... Didn't even try the shortcut, just ran the .exe...

Yeah, didn't work on my Verizon O2 either.

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Devices:I900

Yeah, didn't work on my Verizon O2 either.

I have noticed on Samsung website that there is a new SDK which supports GT-B7610 Omnia Pro. I didn't have a look what functions it supports but hopefully the flashlight as well. If I have a little time I will try to recompile my application with this new SDK and post it here so you can try it again.

Edit:

Ok, I recompiled it with the new SDK so try if it works. According to Samsung new API supports GT-B7610 Omnia Pro, GT-B7620 Armani, GT-I8000 Omnia II, SCH-i920 Omnia II. So this should work with those phones.

Attached Files

Edited by wes58, 16 December 2009 - 07:15 AM.

If you find this Application useful, you can buy me a glass of wine

Posted Image

Samsung Omnia II GT-I8000

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

I have noticed on Samsung website that there is a new SDK which supports GT-B7610 Omnia Pro. I didn't have a look what functions it supports but hopefully the flashlight as well. If I have a little time I will try to recompile my application with this new SDK and post it here so you can try it again.

Edit:

Ok, I recompiled it with the new SDK so try if it works. According to Samsung new API supports GT-B7610 Omnia Pro, GT-B7620 Armani, GT-I8000 Omnia II, SCH-i920 Omnia II. So this should work with those phones.

Works on Verizon O2 now thanx!

nap_rz

nap_rz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
there was a program named htorch for this, not sure if it works on o2

Snow02

Snow02

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Devices:Omnia SCH-i920
Is it supposed to just come on for a few seconds and then turn off automatically? It would be nice if it had an on/off once you ran the program. Using vzw O2.

Omega Ra

Omega Ra

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i920

Works on Verizon O2 now thanx!

+1 For this...works great now!

Posted Image

bcwatson

bcwatson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Edit:

Still having problems. "File download failed. Could not locate header information"

Do I need to install something else first?

bcwatson

bcwatson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Edit:

Still having problems. "File download failed. Could not locate header information"

Do I need to install something else first?

StreetSamurai

StreetSamurai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920 Omnia II

I had a similar experience to Snow02's on my SCH-i920 Omnia II. The flash came on for about a second and then went back off.

Have you considered collaborating with the author of TorchButton (NetRipper), or perhaps trying to incorporate some of his features into your application? His application supports turning on the flash in two different brightness levels and also supports a steady or a flashing light from the flash. Unfortunately his program isn't currently compatible with the SCH-i920 Omnia II.

TorchButton link: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=581382

Thanks much for your efforts!

Edited by StreetSamurai, 16 December 2009 - 06:16 PM.

ponior

ponior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Omnia pro B7610

Edit:

Working on omnia pro b7610 but only by four secunds. It is possible to turn it on/off ?????????

dwallersv

dwallersv

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

Is it supposed to just come on for a few seconds and then turn off automatically? It would be nice if it had an on/off once you ran the program. Using vzw O2.

I had a similar experience to Snow02's on my SCH-i920 Omnia II. The flash came on for about a second and then went back off.

Have you considered collaborating with the author of TorchButton (NetRipper), or perhaps trying to incorporate some of his features into your application? His application supports turning on the flash in two different brightness levels and also supports a steady or a flashing light from the flash. Unfortunately his program isn't currently compatible with the SCH-i920 Omnia II.

TorchButton link: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=581382

Thanks much for your efforts!

Working on omnia pro b7610 but only by four secunds. It is possible to turn it on/off ?????????

Guys, go back and read post #14.

dwallersv

dwallersv

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
Hmmmm, works, but there is a stability problem.

Are you treating the registry delay value as a signed integer? I tried setting it to 0xFFFFFFFF (really really big unsigned number, -1 signed), and after turning it on, and then off, the process persisted, and no further invocations could turn it on again. After killing the torch.exe process, it still didn't start working again without a reboot.

ponior

ponior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Omnia pro B7610

Guys, go back and read post #14.

thanks, it's work perfect now.

Omega Ra

Omega Ra

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i920

Hmmmm, works, but there is a stability problem.

Are you treating the registry delay value as a signed integer? I tried setting it to 0xFFFFFFFF (really really big unsigned number, -1 signed), and after turning it on, and then off, the process persisted, and no further invocations could turn it on again. After killing the torch.exe process, it still didn't start working again without a reboot.

Having same issue. I can run it. But unless I let it time out (i have it set to 30 seconds) it won't start again until reboot.

Posted Image

treedabl

treedabl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910

Edit:

This works great on my SCH-i920. Thanks

chriswells13

chriswells13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

Having same issue. I can run it. But unless I let it time out (i have it set to 30 seconds) it won't start again until reboot.

I have the same problem. I set it to 10 seconds and if I try to turn it off before that by tapping the icon again, I get an error message and need to reboot if I want to use it again. My solution is to just let it time out and if I need it for more than 10 seconds I'll just start it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users