6.5 Issues...Anyone have any?

Guest elite-fusion

Guest elite-fusion

Hey guys, updated to 6.5 yesturday, overall im happy with it, seems to be quite better then 6.1, still getting used to the new start menu, a bit uncomfortable. But has anyone had any issues with the 6.5 yet?

like me for example, im not a fan of the slide to unlock, so i wanted to disable it, so i went to settings, lock, display, and i changed it back to windows classic, and it restarted my phone, and when my phone came back from the restart, 2 minutes later, the phone just froze, so had to soft reset, this happaned 5 times in a row until i just went and changed it back to windows default instead of windows classic and everything went back to normal.

Also, had a call this morning while the phone was on charge, so picked up the call, it was a voicemail system from my job, so i didnt want to listen to it, so i hung up, while im hanging up, the phone freezes and restarts on its own.

Also noticed that the internet runs alot slower if you're not connected to wifi, and seemed to have a problem syncronizing my emails with gmail, since i only use gmail, when i added my two email addresses in the messaging app. it kept giving me Syncronization Error, and then a dialog box would pop up saying that theres a problem with your connection settings, but yet my connection settings are perfectly fine and im able to get online with PIE, but then the issue just resolved it self and it started to work which was a bit weird, but at least it works now for the time being.

Anyone else got any issues or problems? so far one PRO of 6.5 is that it looks like the Memory Card Corruption has finally come to an end...I HOPE lol

Edited by elite-fusion

Guest Neil5459

I've not seen any of those connection problems, nor any locking when unticking 'Windows Default' in Today/Items to get a clean today screen.

As I mentioned elsewhere I did get a severe device slowdown, even after successive soft resets, which needed a hard reset, but OK since.

I don't like 'Titanium' much and hate the new Start menu which doesn't give quick access to any programs and seems arranged in a random order, but using Panoramic LaunchPad has sorted that for me :)

Guest elite-fusion
I've not seen any of those connection problems, nor any locking when unticking 'Windows Default' in Today/Items to get a clean today screen.

As I mentioned elsewhere I did get a severe device slowdown, even after successive soft resets, which needed a hard reset, but OK since.

I don't like 'Titanium' much and hate the new Start menu which doesn't give quick access to any programs and seems arranged in a random order, but using Panoramic LaunchPad has sorted that for me :)

Hey, i didnt mean the untickng of windows default, i ment if you change the LOCK settings, if you go to Settings, Lock, Display tab, and change from Windows Default (which is the slider unlock) to Windows Classic (no slide, just regular home screen when pressing power/sleep button), Windows Classic freezes the phone, so had to go back to Windows Default and be stuck with the slider, as for Titanium, its not the best, but its pretty good and smooth especially on the TG01, as for the honeycomb start menu, i hate it, it looks nice because of the big icons and transperant background to see the wallpaper, but its extemely uncomfortable and want to go back to normal start menu, but looking into how its done, i remember on my Touch HD custom rom they had that start menu and Daviduek posted a cab to revert back to standard start menu, i have the cab somewhere jut gotta find it and try it out on the lagit 6.5 instead of a custom cooked 6.1 that looked like 6.5 lol

Guest Neil5459
Hey, i didnt mean the untickng of windows default, i ment if you change the LOCK settings, if you go to Settings, Lock, Display tab, and change from Windows Default (which is the slider unlock) to Windows Classic (no slide, just regular home screen when pressing power/sleep button), Windows Classic freezes the phone, so had to go back to Windows Default and be stuck with the slider, as for Titanium, its not the best, but its pretty good and smooth especially on the TG01, as for the honeycomb start menu, i hate it, it looks nice because of the big icons and transperant background to see the wallpaper, but its extemely uncomfortable and want to go back to normal start menu, but looking into how its done, i remember on my Touch HD custom rom they had that start menu and Daviduek posted a cab to revert back to standard start menu, i have the cab somewhere jut gotta find it and try it out on the lagit 6.5 instead of a custom cooked 6.1 that looked like 6.5 lol

Ah- sorry, with you now on the lock :)

I've sort of get used the the new lock and quite like it :(

Agreed on Titaniums speed, but it is just too awkward to use for me, and doesn't allow acces to my 'must have' today plug-ins of Resco Contact2, and Chronos. Everything takes 2 or 3 swipes, or more to actually do anything useful ;) With a normal home screen and Launchpad, I'm never more than 2 taps from anything I need!

Guest elite-fusion
Ah- sorry, with you now on the lock :)

I've sort of get used the the new lock and quite like it :(

Agreed on Titaniums speed, but it is just too awkward to use for me, and doesn't allow acces to my 'must have' today plug-ins of Resco Contact2, and Chronos. Everything takes 2 or 3 swipes, or more to actually do anything useful ;) With a normal home screen and Launchpad, I'm never more than 2 taps from anything I need!

Yep true on that...also got another issue with downloading internal GPS, i get an error msg saying " Failed to save downloaded GPS data." on both my tg01's same issue, so not sure what to do ;)

Guest Neil5459

I've had that a few times with WM6.1 and WM6.5- assumed it was due to the server being down- usually works again after a few hours! Not tried today.

I did have some issues with GPS today- was on a 100 mile drive, and was using GPS in 'passive mode' just in case I needed to divert if I hit traffic. Twice I got the 'GPS Signal lost' message quickly followed by 'GPS Disconnected' after which it took about 2-3 minutes to re-establish the navigation (as I was driving, I didn't actually touch anything, it just came back)

So, I suspect there may have been some sort of timeout on the GPS connection, but as it only happened twice in a 90 minute journey, I cannot reproduce it.

Guest The Real Mc Coy

It is always good to hard reset once you get a rom update...

Guest Neil5459
It is always good to hard reset once you get a rom update...

Oh, I've already donre that- 1st rule of ROM flashing!

Anyway, it's just happened again- for some reason lost all sound this morning, so did a soft reset. At restart the slowness was back- Sounds & Notifications page took 30 seconds to open! Text pages still OK-ish but anything with graphics was affected.

Did another soft reset (had to remove battery as device response was too slow!) and then left battery out for 1hr with no change.

So, got to thinking- this may be a software conflict as it happens immediately after a SR. Went to Windows/Startup and copied all 4 entries (Resco Contact, Pano Launcher, TouchPal and USSD) to the storage card, then deleted from Startup, did a reset and all was OK. Now need to find out which one was causing trouble!

Ah- success on 1st try! Reloaded the Launchpad shortcut, and the slowdown returned; removed it and it was OK again, so apologies to Toshiba and MS :) Now need to contact Panoramic!

Guest xdalover
Oh, I've already donre that- 1st rule of ROM flashing!

Anyway, it's just happened again- for some reason lost all sound this morning, so did a soft reset. At restart the slowness was back- Sounds & Notifications page took 30 seconds to open! Text pages still OK-ish but anything with graphics was affected.

Did another soft reset (had to remove battery as device response was too slow!) and then left battery out for 1hr with no change.

So, got to thinking- this may be a software conflict as it happens immediately after a SR. Went to Windows/Startup and copied all 4 entries (Resco Contact, Pano Launcher, TouchPal and USSD) to the storage card, then deleted from Startup, did a reset and all was OK. Now need to find out which one was causing trouble!

Ah- success on 1st try! Reloaded the Launchpad shortcut, and the slowdown returned; removed it and it was OK again, so apologies to Toshiba and MS :) Now need to contact Panoramic!

Yes, the first rule before claim against a device (specially a WinMo), is testing it as is, out of box, without software. I believe that most of our problems are software conflicts. All We love to download and test lots of Apps from diversity of sources and ages(and the mix can sometimes be explosive....) that doesn't happen on Iphone. But I personally prefer the risk of a problem than being limited to the official Apple apps.....

Best Regars

Guest imprince1

Hi,

I upgraded my software to 6.5 with the link provided in the starting of the mail.

It was working fine before the upgrade but now it hangs whenever I get a call or I try to make a call or play music. Also a long beep comes and it hangs and I have to take out the battery and put it back.

Did anyone face this issue??

Its a orange branded and unlocked.

Its of no use now till I get the official upgrade..

Is this a hardware or software issue?

Guest Neil5459
Hi,

I upgraded my software to 6.5 with the link provided in the starting of the mail.

It was working fine before the upgrade but now it hangs whenever I get a call or I try to make a call or play music. Also a long beep comes and it hangs and I have to take out the battery and put it back.

Did anyone face this issue??

Its a orange branded and unlocked.

Its of no use now till I get the official upgrade..

Is this a hardware or software issue?

Did you do a full hasrd reset after flashing the ROM? This is a necessary step, so may be worth doing that- assuming you can access the Start Menu, go Start/Settings/System and execute the Master Clear setting.

If that still fails it may be a flash error, in which case you need to flash the ROM again, then do another hard reset.

Guest katopunk

There is one issue I am having. When you receive a call, the screen is not the usual same screen like when you are dialling. There is no on screen button to access the contact, make another call.

Guest Neil5459
There is one issue I am having. When you receive a call, the screen is not the usual same screen like when you are dialling. There is no on screen button to access the contact, make another call.

There is an 'Unlock' button on the call screen; press that and you are taken to the main dialler screen.

Guest duffdemon
Hey guys, updated to 6.5 yesturday, overall im happy with it, seems to be quite better then 6.1, still getting used to the new start menu, a bit uncomfortable. But has anyone had any issues with the 6.5 yet?

I'm having a problem with getting an internet connection via a usb cable with active sync. Data and wireless connections work fine. I'm not sure if this is 6.5 related but it did work fine before I flashed the phone and there's not much to configure in the phone and with active sync so I can't see whats wrong. Is it working for anyone else?

Guest Neil5459
I'm having a problem with getting an internet connection via a usb cable with active sync. Data and wireless connections work fine. I'm not sure if this is 6.5 related but it did work fine before I flashed the phone and there's not much to configure in the phone and with active sync so I can't see whats wrong. Is it working for anyone else?

Another user is having similar problems- see the 'connecting to work internet' thread.

Guest duffdemon
Another user is having similar problems- see the 'connecting to work internet' thread.

Yeah thanks for the pointer but I have read that thread and its not clear if he was just getting confused by the default orange page not working and he may not be running 6.5.

As far as I'm aware, you shouldn't need to configure anything for getting internet through active sync to work and as mine was working fine before upgrading to 6.5. So I was wondering if this is an issue with 6.5.

Guest elite-fusion

you guys mean what exactly, sorry not too familiar with this....you mean to have internet on ur phone through your computers internet connection OR do you mean to have internet on your computer through your phones internet connection?

Guest Medved77
like me for example, im not a fan of the slide to unlock, so i wanted to disable it, so i went to settings, lock, display, and i changed it back to windows classic, and it restarted my phone, and when my phone came back from the restart, 2 minutes later, the phone just froze, so had to soft reset, this happaned 5 times in a row until i just went and changed it back to windows default instead of windows classic and everything went back to normal.

I also can't stand the lock feature, I've set my screen to turn off after 1 minute of inactivity so there's really no need for it, I just press the power button. I've been searching through the registry for the last hour, I'm able to disable the windows default screen lock but not the older version. Why in WM6.5 can you not disable both in the settings panel?

Also - Anyone know how to disable the orange splash screen at startup? I doubt its function does anymore than to slow the boot process.

Another issue - I can't make a new file in miscrosoft word, I just get the message "An error occurred. The document could not be opened." Can someone please check if this is the case with their mobile running WM6.5?

Edited by Medved77

Guest duffdemon
you guys mean what exactly, sorry not too familiar with this....you mean to have internet on ur phone through your computers internet connection OR do you mean to have internet on your computer through your phones internet connection?

Getting internet on the phone via the computers internet connection. Sort of the opposite of tethering. Anyway I managed to fix it but in an odd way....

After spending hours of searching the net and trying ever half baked suggestion I went through all the setting one more time and stumbled on the Settings > Connections > Operator settings. I’m with Virgin which was not listed in these settings, but I selected T-Mobile which changed my network management settings over to T-Mobile. As these settings weren’t correct for Virgin, I put back it back to my Virgin settings simply by changing it in network management drop down box. After doing that not only was my data connection working again but internet now worked through activesync! So there must some hidden option somewhere that I cannot find, and that using the built in operator settings must have selected. Still no idea what it is though!

Guest Neil5459

Regarding the Lock Screen- I've not tried this, but there is a file in Windows/Startup called 'autokeylock.lnk'

Would removing that have any effect on the Lock screen loading?

Medved: The 'Splash2' screen has to be cooked in- it can be updated by a relevant *.nbh file on HTC devices but until we get a 'kitchen' for the Tosh, there's not much we can do. It doesn't actually have any impact on perfomance, it load very quickly and just displays while some core components are loading. Overll load times on WM6.5 are much faster than WM6.1

Guest Neil5459
Regarding the Lock Screen- I've not tried this, but there is a file in Windows/Startup called 'autokeylock.lnk'

Would removing that have any effect on the Lock screen loading?

I've had time to try this now, and removing the file does indeed stop the Slide to Lock screen appearing at power-on.

Guest Medved77
I've had time to try this now, and removing the file does indeed stop the Slide to Lock screen appearing at power-on.

Thanks Neil, worked a treat. Good job too as the phone had started crashing requiring the battery to be taken out before restarting. I found that if I pressed the power button then impatiently pressed it again at the same time the lock screen appears (thinking it had not responded) the phone would turn off.

As for the orange splash screen I guess I'll just have to put up with it. Somehow due to the lack of support over at xda-developers I doubt we'll ever see a cooked rom.

Now I just need to work out why the phone restarts intermittently during the day. I've got so much software on the phone and so little time that I really can't be bothered to install each app 1 by 1 to find the culprit. I guess it's just the joy of owning a microsoft product.

I don't suppose the phone (or any 3rd party apps) can generate a crash log?

Guest xdalover
........ Now I just need to work out why the phone restarts intermittently during the day. I've got so much software on the phone and so little time that I really can't be bothered to install each app 1 by 1 to find the culprit. I guess it's just the joy of owning a microsoft product.

I don't suppose the phone (or any 3rd party apps) can generate a crash log?

I have the same problem! It happens when you switch off the device? Bad news because I thought that , as I'm still on WM 6.1., this issue would be solved on WM6.5 :) . Curiously, this problem only happens two or three times at day.... As you, I have a lot of apps installed, so I can't identify the cause easily.... Is that a common issue? If yes, perhaps it would be a good idea opening a dedicated Post

Cordially

Guest elite-fusion

Hey Medved (zdarova brat :) if your russian that is haha) well what i can recommend doing is, download and install an application called Sprite Backup, you basically back up your entire phone, and then do a hard reset to maybe eliminate the problem, and then install Sprite Backup again to restore the backup you made. I say that might be an easy and fast way to do a hard reset and get everything back within 3 minutes :( hope this helps

As for xdalover...make sure that your restarts are SB (sleeping beauty) which are caused by WOWSRS if its not installed properly, your phone will keep freezing up requiring you to do a soft reset, or it will randomly restart on its own.

Guest Neil5459
Hey Medved (zdarova brat :) if your russian that is haha) well what i can recommend doing is, download and install an application called Sprite Backup, you basically back up your entire phone, and then do a hard reset to maybe eliminate the problem, and then install Sprite Backup again to restore the backup you made. I say that might be an easy and fast way to do a hard reset and get everything back within 3 minutes :( hope this helps

As for xdalover...make sure that your restarts are SB (sleeping beauty) which are caused by WOWSRS if its not installed properly, your phone will keep freezing up requiring you to do a soft reset, or it will randomly restart on its own.

Sprite Backup is not compatible with WM6.5. It can backup but restores often fail and crash the device.

Spb Backup is almost fully compatible- the only thing that doesn't work properly is individual file restoring.