1714 replies to this topic

maxtcee

maxtcee

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Devices:Omnia I910

Actually the TP2 has the same amount of ROM and RAM as this phone. It was just not released with windows 6.5 on it to start with but that is fixed on mine now. :)

The only one out on Verizon with better specs is the Omnia 2 but I really liked the hardware keyboard on the TP2. So I went with it. I had to get my first Omnia replaced several times from screen problems. There are some really great ROMs available for the TP2 also, over on PPCgeeks.

Here what my new TP2 looks like right now. It is setup like an HD2 with Dusk theme.

i just didnt like the slide out keyboard on tp2 plus it was rel bulky i cant wait till cmonex gets the hard spl for imagio this thing is gona be way rockin screen shots look awesome are you running 2.5 as well

Edited by maxtcee, 01 January 2010 - 12:31 AM.

sams6

sams6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Any chance of an update to that bare rom to the latest com5 :-) Please

maxtcee

maxtcee

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Any chance of an update to that bare rom to the latest com5 :-) Please

i hate to sound feisty but i think its time to update your phones

Draconius

Draconius

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
I flashed your flotanium version to get M2D which is AWESOME, but I wanted to change the two soft keys on the home screen to "Address" and "Programs", where the program button jumps to the launcher tab...any idea how to do that? I know in M2DC you can change them, just don't know what to select to tget the right soft key to jump to the launcher tab

Also, I installed iContact and it does not work the way is used to on my old M2D...I don't have the favorites, history, etc. at the top like it should be...any ideas if it is a compatibility issue?

Jmak512

Jmak512

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia i910
Any chance of an update EV or u have already moved to omnia II

Flashing is a way of life

JDawg183

JDawg183

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Any chance of an update EV or u have already moved to omnia II

I think he has moved on to a better place....

Android that is. he has not posted anything since Dec 19.

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920

I think he has moved on to a better place....

Android that is. he has not posted anything since Dec 19.

Last thing he posted was that he had decided to go with the Omnia II. Did he change his mind?

Samsung Omnia II SCH-i920 with AMDZero's DG21 ZeroSense ROM

altimax98

altimax98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
Is anyone else having a issue with the weather not working half the time. I get where it wont update and the thing will just say connecting to accuweather and wont move. It wont update for anything. Ill try and force updates and do the importing of old settings and stuff and nothing will get it to work, then out of the blue it will start working..

I also cant connect to any wi-fi networks. I was able to on older roms but not anymore, got any ideas?

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Interests:Flashing
  • Devices:DROIDX
  • Twitter:@kdkinc

Last thing he posted was that he had decided to go with the Omnia II. Did he change his mind?

DID He EVER change his NAME :) B) ;)

We all miss his work but he left some EXCELLENT chefs behind....
;) B)

JDawg183

JDawg183

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

I dont know if he changed his mind or not, but I know he had been talking about making the move to Android, said he was going with the O2, then fell off the face of the earth. So if he didnt change his mind back to Android, maybe we need to contact the local authorities and file a missing chef report :)

imbolc

imbolc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
Evidence,
Nice Rom. I went back to my omnia and returned my omnia 2 for the latest build here. The O2 was very nice, but the original with swype keybord makes the original workable for now.
A question, is there a way to use the auto rotation, it helps me with navigation and spreadsheets. If not, do you have a cab for swype and I can do a liet rom and install the other programs I use?
thanx

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Evidence,
Nice Rom. I went back to my omnia and returned my omnia 2 for the latest build here. The O2 was very nice, but the original with swype keybord makes the original workable for now.
A question, is there a way to use the auto rotation, it helps me with navigation and spreadsheets. If not, do you have a cab for swype and I can do a liet rom and install the other programs I use?
thanx

Evidence has been rotated to the front line to combat "ROBOTS". B) ;)
He's listed as MIA but not forgotten :)
As far as a Swype cab that has been "pulled" from service...

It must of been tough leaving that NICE O2 screen but the u/i bites!! IMHO

;) B)

imbolc

imbolc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
It must of been tough leaving that NICE O2 screen but the u/i bites!! IMHO

:) B)
[/quote]

After disabling the widgets, it wasn't bad. It won't be real good for UI until some chefs get going on the verizon O2. Theres a few for the i8000 but nothing really for the vzw version. The screen was excellent and I actually liked the big size. The original omnia is so small in comparison, gps seemed faster and I really liked the swype. If I were ready for my upgrade, I would have kept it, but i added a 5th line (temporarily, cancelled when I returned O2) to the family plan and got it and a charger for 350, never mailed in the rebate for 100 cause I wasnt sure if I was going to keep it. If it was just a bit faster, I probaly would have kept it.

jlc0005

jlc0005

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

1) Im having issues with Titanium where occassionally the clock follows whatever panel I try to use.

Once this happens, there is an easy fix for it. I used to use it when I was using this ROM. In the windows folder, there's a Titanium or CHome Refresh program or something like that... unfortunately, I cannot remember exactly what the file is called, so you may have to do a bit of searching for it. Once you find it, just execute the program and your Titanium screen will return to normal. It is detailed earlier in this thread, so just page through and look for it.

It is here, just not sure which page. Good luck!

Edited by jlc0005, 09 January 2010 - 04:35 PM.

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Once this happens, there is an easy fix for it. I used to use it when I was using this ROM. In the windows folder, there's a Titanium or CHome Refresh program or something like that... unfortunately, I cannot remember exactly what the file is called, so you may have to do a bit of searching for it. Once you find it, just execute the program and your Titanium screen will return to normal. It is detailed earlier in this thread, so just page through and look for it.

It is here, just not sure which page. Good luck!

Check out POST # 621
:) B)

jbrittmartin

jbrittmartin

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
what exactly did you do to get your phone to look like that in M2D?

that looks awesome.

Actually the TP2 has the same amount of ROM and RAM as this phone. It was just not released with windows 6.5 on it to start with but that is fixed on mine now. :)

The only one out on Verizon with better specs is the Omnia 2 but I really liked the hardware keyboard on the TP2. So I went with it. I had to get my first Omnia replaced several times from screen problems. There are some really great ROMs available for the TP2 also, over on PPCgeeks.

Here what my new TP2 looks like right now. It is setup like an HD2 with Dusk theme.

jbrittmartin

jbrittmartin

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
whenever i get a text message or phone call from someone in my contact list it just shows up what phone number it's from rather than the name....

any thoughts on how to get the names of my contacts to show up?

Jaizero

Jaizero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
So Ive flashed to this rom and so far I love it but it seems to be missing some icons.. Is it supposed to be this way or did I do something wrong?

TIMMOTE

TIMMOTE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910
I just flashed the SPB Mobile Shell Rom and have two questions.

Is there a cab for the newer keyboard found in the normal rom that I can download?

I keep trying to change the backround on Mobile Shell and it will not change, is this a known issue or can someone help me out with this

Thanks a lot

jpenman

jpenman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Evidence....I'm waiting for you at the Omnia 2 i920 forum :) we need your expertise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users