Touch Player stop playing music when screen lockup

Guest Hiroshi.Rio

Sometimes I have this problem too.

So, I close the Touch Player, open it again and it works fine when screen lock up.

Not a real solution, but it works all most times. :)

Guest Jonathan D

if you're listening to music through ear phones, just unplug and plug again the phones, then select "headset" or "headphones".

for some unknown reason, the phone sometimes forgets you're using headphones.

Guest FerdiBorbon

just use S2u2...in the settings, set it to blank screen only... 15 seconds then assign S2U2 to a hardware button...then ur good to go :)

Edited by FerdiBorbon

• 1 month later...
Guest omnieyes

I put mine in my pocket everyday on the way to work and I've noticed that if I turn it so the screen faces downwards it also stops playing until I turn it upwards. When it's in my pocket, I have to press the lock key and it starts again. It's as if every time I take a step the angle of the screen is detected as being face down and so it shuts off.

Weird... Is there a player that I can use other than touchplayer?

Guest touchprogeek
I put mine in my pocket everyday on the way to work and I've noticed that if I turn it so the screen faces downwards it also stops playing until I turn it upwards. When it's in my pocket, I have to press the lock key and it starts again. It's as if every time I take a step the angle of the screen is detected as being face down and so it shuts off.

Yes, I would like to know the answer to this as well. I've tried to install A_C's Slide to Play S2P and it installs but does not work. When I tried to run the program it says the program's certificate is not digitally signed or something. Anybody know how to get S2P working on the O2? I haven't tried Nitrogen player yet but others seem to like it running on their Touch Pro2.

By the way, my music is also shutting off at random like the other posts above state. Samsung, FIX YOUR BUGS!

By the way, my music is also shutting off at random like the other posts above state. Samsung, FIX YOUR BUGS!

I also experience the same problems using S2P and S2U2...

Samsung FIX YOUR BUGS!

Guest ANGEL_666

This is not Bugs. Go to the player settings and UNCHECK "Pause when other programs starts". The "bug" is gone, and music will play normaly

Sorry fo my english...

Guest firefly2k3

This feature is called "Etiquette" and turns off the current sound when the phone is turned screen down.

Go to Settings->Motion Settings->Etiquette to turn off this feature.

I used to have another issue when I initially flashed to IJ9 (PDA Only).

As soon as the screen turns off, the music used to stop playing.

Multiple re-flashes did not solve the issue.

Later I read in some thread that flashing the correct eboot solves the issue.

So i flashed the IJ9 eboot as well and the problem was solved

Note: There are lot of warnings throughout this forum about the dangers/risks of flashing the EBoot. So please make an informed decision at your risk.

Any one encounter the same problem? FM radio works fine, but touch player will stop playing music automatically when screen lock up...... :D

If u r using s2u2. u need to add touch player .exe file to the exclusion list. Then, in 'advanced" settings, tick "dont suspend power"

Guest Faidz Jalil
If u r using s2u2. u need to add touch player .exe file to the exclusion list. Then, in 'advanced" settings, tick "dont suspend power"

I already did this and still having the problem. Even when I'm not using S2U2 also the problem persists. Apparently, Nitrogen also stops playing music in the same manner.

One thing I realized with touch player is, when I let the player play your music without using any of its controls, the music plays normally. But whenever I use any of its controls, the problem occurs. Be it using the controls to skip track or playing around with the player settings e.g. Equalizer, program settings.

This is annoying. And I am running IK5 rom for now.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Guest skoda60

If still have the problem, goto to setting > General setting > power > Battery power > turn off device set to always on. I initially also same as you. When the XT9 appear auto append even I unchecked the auto append in xt9 setting and the problem still exist. coincidentally after I removed spb mobile cell and s2u2, then installed both back. The XT9 and touch player problem was solved. Now worked as expected.

Edited by skoda60

• 1 month later...
Guest junalmeida

This bug may be related to headphone plugin screen. That screen to choose HeadPhone, Headset or TV out does not appear everytime that i plug the earphone.

• 2 months later...
Guest Li0npaw
Any one encounter the same problem? FM radio works fine, but touch player will stop playing music automatically when screen lock up...... :P

I have that same problem. :) I prefer the Touch Player for the WoW HD setting. But I have been forced to be using the Windows (mobile) Media Player.

Would love to solve this problem quickly. My S2u2 locks up, cool so far. But then when the screen goes black ....silence. ;)

Edited by Li0npaw

• 1 month later...
Guest junalmeida

I'm experiencing the opposite effect. When listening to music with touchplayer and wired headset, screen keeps always on. :huh:

If i press the lock button, it goes black and turns on again quickly.

Guest achugar
I'm experiencing the opposite effect. When listening to music with touchplayer and wired headset, screen keeps always on. :huh:

If i press the lock button, it goes black and turns on again quickly.

I have the same problem but the problem is related (in my case) with the values that i modified in the volume gain options:

Music 4p Earphone:

------------

------------

MAX 9877

1.Speaker Volume Control - 0000

2.Left Headphone Volume Control (02h) - 11111

3.Right Headphone Volume Control (03h) - 11111

If you put these values you will have a nice louder volume with very good sound quality but you will also have the problem with the screen. If i lock the phone the screen goes blank but turn on by itself inmediately. I dont know how to solve this cause it drains the battery.