This is a custom recovery image based on Cyanogen's v1.4 recovery. The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu.
- full ADB access in recovery mode
- Busybox v1.15.2
- Extended menu
- Reboot system now :: reboot your phone
- Go to console :: bring up the console
- USB-MS Toggle :: enable/disable USB mass storage (use when the phone is connected to your PC)
- Backup/Restore (recovery partition not included!)
- Nand backup :: Make a Nand backup
- Nand + ext backup :: Make a Nand + ext backup
- Nand restore :: Restore a Nand backup
- BART backup :: Make a BART backup (Nand + ext)
- BART restore :: Restore latest BART backup
- Flash zip from sdcard :: Flash a zip update file from your sdcard
- Wipe data/factory reset :: Wipe /data and /cache
- Wipe Dalvik-cache :: Wipe Dalvik-cache both on /data and ext
- Wipe SD:ext partition : Wipe the ext partition on your sdcard
- Wipe battery stats : Wipe the battery stats in /data
- Wipe rotate settings : Wipe the sensor settings in /data
- Partition sdcard
- Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning
- Repair SD:ext :: Repair the ext partition
- SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3
- SD:ext3 to ext4 :: Convert ext3 to ext4
- Fix apk uid mismatches :: Does extacly that
- Move apps+dalv to SD :: Moves all apps and Dalvik-cache to sdcard (This will NOT enable apps2sd!)
- Move recovery.log to SD :: Moves the recovery log file to your sdcard. (Use when you want more detailed recovery log information)
- Scripts available from console :
How to install - Mac, Linux and OSX
- Download the recovery zip file and extract to a directory
- Put your device in bootloader mode - turn if off, then tap the powerbutton while holding the 'Volume Down' and 'End (Red)' keys
- WINDOWS - double click 'install-recovery-windows.bat'
- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-recovery-mac.sh' followed by './install-recovery-mac.sh'
- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-recovery-linux.sh' followed by './install-recovery-linux.sh'
That's it, job done! Enjoy!
We haven't yet found the key combination for starting recovery mode from power-off on the device, so you have to enter recovery by doing either 'adb reboot recovery' or by installing 'Quick Boot' from the market (which is also included in my superboot solution).