Custom Start Menu

Guest leeston2379

Guest leeston2379

I hear alot of moaning about the wm6.5 start menu and being unable to change it, well its been solved check out THIS link to xda dev.

Custom icons and custom order is now possible. I've tested this and its working a treat on my TG01.

Also take a look HERE on changing from 3 to 4 or even 5 row start menu with various other options. Also tested and working on my TG.

Guest xdalover
I hear alot of moaning about the wm6.5 start menu and being unable to change it, well its been solved check out THIS link to xda dev.

Custom icons and custom order is now possible. I've tested this and its working a treat on my TG01.

Also take a look HERE on changing from 3 to 4 or even 5 row start menu with various other options. Also tested and working on my TG.

Very useful, thanks! You have found the key to modify the start menu. This was one of things that I didn't like on the new WM 6.5!

Guest Medved77

Just installed the black splash screen, looks great. As for the improvements to the start menu, it's still not a patch on SPB MS3.5 (sorry to sound like a fanboy!)

I love this program. Last night I changed all my icons......check it out!

post-586663-1255850500_thumb.png post-586663-1255850524_thumb.png post-586663-1255850535_thumb.png

Icons are 256 x 256.

slick, how did you modify the top/bottom bars?

ah, newer build?

Edited by bingm

Guest leeston2379
must say that the htc task manager is great also :)

It does look nice but i personally prefer the close button that comes with SPB Pocket Plus, it can have many options added to it. Just my opinion though.

That was on 23069 rom. Theme is amarullzblackblue from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=559695 but I love Jeffrey2000 themes from here http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...s/#entry1068018 .The only problem on these new builds once i restart my phone the logo on home page reverts to the original logo as shown on my previous post instead of the new one which then involves reverting back to a "classic" theme then to one of the new themes which is a pain in the arse so i just stick with the blue black theme which stays the same after reset (hope I haven't confused you)!.

The icons I compiled from various sites just google icons and search for PNG files. Here's a link to get you started http://www.vistaicons.com/ . Now Im currently using nicklashide WM6.5 23069 Lite Roms - HIDE8 titanium neo. The start menu icons are large and I can go up to 256x256 resolution which makes it very finger friendly,looks neat and professional, however today I flashed using another ROM and was unable to get the icons to change in size. Ive posted a couple of questions so I hope to get a reply on why it wont change. I searched and tried everything I found but no luck so I've flashed back to this build.

What ROM are you using? are the icons small or large?

Cheers.

Guest elite-fusion
The icons I compiled from various sites just google icons and search for PNG files. Here's a link to get you started http://www.vistaicons.com/ . Now Im currently using nicklashide WM6.5 23069 Lite Roms - HIDE8 titanium neo. The start menu icons are large and I can go up to 256x256 resolution which makes it very finger friendly,looks neat and professional, however today I flashed using another ROM and was unable to get the icons to change in size. Ive posted a couple of questions so I hope to get a reply on why it wont change. I searched and tried everything I found but no luck so I've flashed back to this build.

What ROM are you using? are the icons small or large?

Cheers.

what do you mean you flashed your rom? how did you flash a rom on TG01?

Guest Neil5459
what do you mean you flashed your rom? how did you flash a rom on TG01?

He's using a Samsung, not a Toshiba :) The software mods work for all WM6.5 variants!

Guest Neil5459
what do you mean Neil?

Sb has posted this advice in here because it works for any WM6.5 ROM including the TG01, but he has a Samsung i900, which is why he has been able to flash a different ROM.

Guest Neil5459
oh so the pictures that SB attached are from his i900 correct? because it has the bar on the bottom of the screen

Well, I don't know for certain, but that's what I'd assume! His postbit shows he is using a Sammy :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest hayzy00
Now you can also use Hi-Launcher software for Windows Mobile by RNS:: Software.

Version 1.0 was released yesterday, and its configuration options are virtually unlimited.

It's a highly customizable Start Menu replacement which can mimic the classic Start Menu on Windows Mobile 6.5:

Whil.gif

</div>

how long does the trial last???