Requesting Mentorship

Guest KaozLabs

Guest KaozLabs

well it was the one he sent me anyways...wozzers newest release. i am also using 23075 as my sys/xip ooh ooh. so far it is running unbelievably well.

for those remotely interested here is my loader/shutdown screen shot so far.

post-596359-1256357849_thumb.png

Edited by KaozLabs

Guest Evidence_I
Ok everyone thanks to BGILL's new kitchen I finally have a booting rom. I am playing with my OEM's now and within the next day or so you will be able to try out my first cooked ROM. I am calling it Kaozlabs Black Dragon edition. I still have alot of tweaking to do so there isnt a custom theme as of yet. But please feel free to flash it and let me know what you think of the core.

Glad You got it Up and Running Glad I could help you out!!!

Guest KaozLabs
Here is a link to a bunch of nice tutorials.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=564130

thanks BW i am gonna go through all of this stuff...I do have a couple of questions on Cooking etiquette

#1 There are alot of cabs already cooked by other people, is using those in my rom a decent thing to do? For example the Titanium plugins that are available

#2 If I take some of the existing apps like the AT contact manager and re-skin them to match my rom...is that an acceptable practice?

I mainly want to customize alot of the things that are out there already with a new theme behind it. My ROM is running super stable as of right now but I wanna mod the look/feel of the rom to match my expectation/likes/dislikes....at the same time i dont wanna step on any other chefs toes and i dont want users to be all like "Well he just used X's Cab in his rom and cheated on making his own"...that kinda thing.

Guest omniaRa
well it was the one he sent me anyways...wozzers newest release. i am also using 23075 as my sys/xip ooh ooh. so far it is running unbelievably well.

for those remotely interested here is my loader/shutdown screen shot so far.

Wow, sick loader/shutdown screen! btw when you say "wozzers newest release" are you referring to his 1.02 kitchen? and for the 23075 sys/xip files, where did you download them? thanks!

Guest blazingwolf
thanks BW i am gonna go through all of this stuff...I do have a couple of questions on Cooking etiquette

#1 There are alot of cabs already cooked by other people, is using those in my rom a decent thing to do? For example the Titanium plugins that are available

#2 If I take some of the existing apps like the AT contact manager and re-skin them to match my rom...is that an acceptable practice?

I mainly want to customize alot of the things that are out there already with a new theme behind it. My ROM is running super stable as of right now but I wanna mod the look/feel of the rom to match my expectation/likes/dislikes....at the same time i dont wanna step on any other chefs toes and i dont want users to be all like "Well he just used X's Cab in his rom and cheated on making his own"...that kinda thing.

1. Under most circumstances it is acceptable. If there is a question in your mind then it is best to ask the original author of the program.

2. Sure. Programs like ATFavoriteContacts have been burned in to many ROMs with many different looks. Again, if it is new or you have a question then it is best to ask the author of the program if he/she minds that you use it in your ROM. Common courtesy thing. :D

Guest KaozLabs
Wow, sick loader/shutdown screen! btw when you say "wozzers newest release" are you referring to his 1.02 kitchen? and for the 23075 sys/xip files, where did you download them? thanks!

Im using Wozzer's 1.02.7 as my kitchen. As far as 23075 goes I will have to ask the original person I got it from if it is okay to release it. I am not sure if it is suppose to go out to the public as of yet and I dont want to overstep my bounds. If they are good with it I will upload to 4shared for everyone here. Just a courtesy thing. I dont think they will mind...but again I want to ask.

Thanks for the Props on the Loader. It isnt animated yet but it will be when I am done. The is just the first of my dragon releases.

Edited by KaozLabs

Guest omniaRa
Im using Wozzer's 1.02.7 as my kitchen. As far as 23075 goes I will have to ask the original person I got it from if it is okay to release it. I am not sure if it is suppose to go out to the public as of yet and I dont want to overstep my bounds. If they are good with it I will upload to 4shared for everyone here. Just a courtesy thing. I dont think they will mind...but again I want to ask.

Thanks for the Props on the Loader. It isnt animated yet but it will be when I am done. The is just the first of my dragon releases.

Are you allowed to post Wozzer's 1.02.7 kitchen? :D

Guest necosino

Does anyone know how to hide system sound files from the sounds and alerts drop-down? I've tried making them read-only/hidden but they still show up.. Any ideas?

Guest Evidence_I
Does anyone know how to hide system sound files from the sounds and alerts drop-down? I've tried making them read-only/hidden but they still show up.. Any ideas?

Remove them!