Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest tacchan23
the GPS part, set baud rate at 38400, garmin got locked on in 30 sec.

30seconds for first fix after installing Garmin? also after soft reset?

I'll try the 38400 baud rate later today when I go out :)

Guest superdarkyaya
You mean you want to Enable/Disable HSDPA?

If so, there is option in Samsung Setting - Network Settings - HSDPA/HSUPA

Yes i know that my friend !!

No, i just want my hsdpa connection is cuting AUTOMATICLY after, for exemple, 1 minute, or 2 minutes. With my Omnia i900, my tweak worked so nice but not with the O 2...........

I test another tweaks and i will rreport it here if i found ok !!!

(sorry for my poor english All !!)

Guest tacchan23
Yes i know that my friend !!

No, i just want my hsdpa connection is cuting AUTOMATICLY after, for exemple, 1 minute, or 2 minutes. With my Omnia i900, my tweak worked so nice but not with the O 2...........

I test another tweaks and i will rreport it here if i found ok !!!

(sorry for my poor english All !!)

You want to close your HSDPA connection to go back to Edge? if so, maybe you could check this application here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=478519 (never tried it really, saved the link just in case for future uses^^)

Guest superdarkyaya
You want to close your HSDPA connection to go back to Edge? if so, maybe you could check this application here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=478519 (never tried it really, saved the link just in case for future uses^^)

I answer myself !!!!!!!

My first tweak (post #14) is oki !! Wonderful !! :)

If you want tacchan23, you can add it in your topic !!! :(

The hsdpa is cutting automaticly after 1mn without activity (if you change the CacheTime to 60 )........ Fantastic fot exemple when you update your meteo by hsdpa or gprs..

Opera is cutting automaticly when you quit it !!! Nice for the battery !!

Enjoy All folks !!

Edited by superdarkyaya

Guest tacchan23
I answer myself !!!!!!!

My first tweak (post #14) is oki !! Wonderful !! :)

If you want tacchan23, you can add it in your topic !!! :(

The hsdpa is cutting automaticly after 1mn without activity (if you change the CacheTime to 60 )........ Fantastic fot exemple when you update your meteo by hsdpa or gprs..

Opera is cutting automaticly when you quit it !!! Nice for the battery !!

Enjoy All folks !!

Sorry, not really sure what you mean^^

What you wanted to do is to disable the data connection (be it Edge or 3g) after xx minutes of inactivity?

if so: Samsung Settings - General Settings - Wireless Manager - Menu - Data con. Settings - No packet for

Or you wanted to disable just HSDPA and go to Edge? if so, is this what your reg tweak does?

Guest superdarkyaya
Sorry, not really sure what you mean^^

What you wanted to do is to disable the data connection (be it Edge or 3g) after xx minutes of inactivity?

if so: Samsung Settings - General Settings - Wireless Manager - Menu - Data con. Settings - No packet for

Or you wanted to disable just HSDPA and go to Edge? if so, is this what your reg tweak does?

Yes you're right !!

But my solution is automatic !!! For geeks without brain and without fingers !! Lol ! xD !!

Test my tweak and so, you will understand.......Put the Dword value to 60 :)

This is an automatic data disconnection..............

Edited by superdarkyaya

30seconds for first fix after installing Garmin? also after soft reset?

I'll try the 38400 baud rate later today when I go out :)

yes, on cold start. google map and garmin xt.

Guest tacchan23
yes, on cold start. google map and garmin xt.

I tried it yesterday but couldn't get a fix in 7minutes... will try again today:)

I wonder why there are so many different reports about gps°_°

I tried it yesterday but couldn't get a fix in 7minutes... will try again today:)

I wonder why there are so many different reports about gps°_°

did u get xtra downloaded first?

Guest mightymouse1045
Small guide/memo on what to do after Flashing a new ROM

(this is just a small list I made for myself to make it easier to remember what to do/install every time, so of course it refers to my most used programs and settings but maybe the general layout could be usefull to someone else too):)

Hi Tacchan23 (Your a legend!!!),

Comments suggestions (updated):

* The hard reset - everywhere i see it, everyone says just that "do a hard reset". Maybe link to your instructions or something so people don't think it means only turning the phone off...

* I noticed in your previous thread you said you combine spb mobile shell with iPhoneToday but it is not listed. You installing that or you just leave it with spb mobile shell now? If not any reason why before i go and install iPhoneToday?

* The startup time for spb mobile shell is shocking. I timed it and from when i see the windows mobile today screen (and can use the phone), it takes another 20 to 30 seconds to load spb mobile shell - any way to speed this up at all?

P.S. You should setup a donation link like those other forums if possible coz this is good work man, I am sure people wouldn't mind slipping some money your way for your efforts :P

Edited by mightymouse1045

Guest Tylwith
I will make a cab when i come home it was on my todo list anyway

Sorry was to tired yesterday finish to worked at 11pm so i made the cab to remove the stratup shutdown sounds of the O2

Guest superdarkyaya
Sorry was to tired yesterday finish to worked at 11pm so i made the cab to remove the stratup shutdown sounds of the O2

my friend, try this cab :)

it was made for my omnia i900 but it work on the O2 !! (install in "my device" of course !!)

No_Sutdown___.cab

Enjoy !

Edited by superdarkyaya

Guest chteh0721
Cabs for easy and fast Registry Tweaking

In this thread you can find Cabs (made by Tylwith) that will make applying some of the Registry Tweaks posted above a lot more easy and fast.

Below a short description:

DisableCameraSound.cab Disable autofocus sound, recording sound and SHUTTER3

Enable_Settings_rotation.cab Enables the settings menu in 6.5 rom and also allow to map the rotation to a hard key

EnableDialerSkin.cab Enable Samsung Dialer

DisableDialerSkin.cab Disable Samsung Dialer

EnchancedTouch.cab Encrese the screen responsiveness

RingIncrease.cab Fix the 3 second ring delay (it only works up to firmware H3, after that it just mutes the phone)

DisableSkinSmsEmail.cab Disable Samsung Skinned Email and Sms application

EnableThreadedSms.cab It only works after using disableSkinSmSEmail.cab

4RowsMenuWithHoneyComb.cab Make 4 rows for windows 6.5 start up menu with honeycomb

SettingMenu.cab Add 6.1 menusettings for people who want to enable/disable touchwizUI on wm6.5

the enhanced touch.cab file is missing. can you upload it again?

Guest IceSpec

Just Flash to WM6.5. I realise that song at My Ringtones will not reflect on Ring Tone List.. Anyone know how to change my Ringtone and SMS alert to custom RingTone??

Guest tacchan23
Just Flash to WM6.5. I realise that song at My Ringtones will not reflect on Ring Tone List.. Anyone know how to change my Ringtone and SMS alert to custom RingTone??

You can put them in My Storage

Guest tacchan23
is there any new fix for watching videos in a tv with subs?

thanks!

Not that I know... sadly .smi subs doesn't display on TV :D

and any other movie player with subtitles have really bad performance :P

Guest tacchan23
enjoy

Got back home earlier... luckly becouse it was some really sh***y kind of trip^^

The gps today was working not so good... it's really random.

Also with BaudRate: 38400 wasn't working at all for me... maybe it depends on which BaudRate is used on the first fix after a soft reset? no idea really^^

Guest awarner (MVP)

Is there a reg setting for disabling the AGPS and just use the good old GPS for geotagging photos?

Don't really want to use any data up just to tag and pictures I take.

Guest tacchan23
Is there a reg setting for disabling the AGPS and just use the good old GPS for geotagging photos?

Don't really want to use any data up just to tag and pictures I take.

Sorry I'm not very expert about GPS... not even sure if AGPS and XTRA is the same thing or not^^

You can disable the XTRA download or make it manually or only on Active Sync at Samsung Settings - General Settings - GPS - XTRA

Sorry if it's not what you were looking for^^

Guest tacchan23
Comments suggestions (updated):

* The hard reset - everywhere i see it, everyone says just that "do a hard reset". Maybe link to your instructions or something so people don't think it means only turning the phone off...

* I noticed in your previous thread you said you combine spb mobile shell with iPhoneToday but it is not listed. You installing that or you just leave it with spb mobile shell now? If not any reason why before i go and install iPhoneToday?

* The startup time for spb mobile shell is shocking. I timed it and from when i see the windows mobile today screen (and can use the phone), it takes another 20 to 30 seconds to load spb mobile shell - any way to speed this up at all?

P.S. You should setup a donation link like those other forums if possible coz this is good work man, I am sure people wouldn't mind slipping some money your way for your efforts :D

I'll put tha Hard Reset in the FAQ list

At the moment I'm not using iPhoneToday anymore becouse I'm still waiting for many UI to test^^ SPB mobile shell 3.5 now allows to use custom icons too and I hope the new PointSense version will be availble too. Also with the many ROMs available lately I flash too often^^

Anyway I'll make a section where to talk about my favorite UI and screens.

About faster startup for SPB I don't know sorry... I soft reset my phone just once every many days so I never paid much attention to it