* * * * * 10 votes

• Please log in to reply
570 replies to this topic

aeon_

aeon_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
how can i install the HTCSensorSDK.zip when i extracted it, it's a dll file. pls help.

and also the other dll files, i'm a noob when it comes to tweaking >.<

lastly, is there a way to update my o2 to 6.5.3?

Edited by aeon_, 18 July 2010 - 01:21 PM.

norm883

norm883

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA i910

how can i install the HTCSensorSDK.zip when i extracted it, it's a dll file. pls help.

and also the other dll files, i'm a noob when it comes to tweaking >.<

lastly, is there a way to update my o2 to 6.5.3?

I like to use Total Commander.
Search for cab in forums or Google and then install.
Use the program to copy the .dll into your windows directory
Copy/Move then Tree then Move.
Allows old to be over written too
Hope this helps is your O2 a i920?

Norm883

aeon_

aeon_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I like to use Total Commander.
Search for cab in forums or Google and then install.
Use the program to copy the .dll into your windows directory
Copy/Move then Tree then Move.
Allows old to be over written too
Hope this helps is your O2 a i920?

Norm883

thanks. mine's O2 i8000. thanks again. i'll give it a shot.

Jack23

Jack23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:SS Omnia II
I used this drive on my Omnia II and it caused the white squares/rectangles floating on my screens, I'm using JE3 based PDA with LEO 2 ROM 6.5.3. Any suggestions on how to get it to work normal again?

Gronostaj

Gronostaj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:PDAs of course.
  • Devices:Omnia Pro B7610
  • Twitter:@gronostaj
Hi everybody, this app is very useful on Omnia Pro when assigned to the HW button, should also work on i8000 :(

gebster

gebster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:B7610
Hi! Please help me on this.. i tried to enable threaded SMS for Tmail. And it worked! Thanks for that.

However, i revert the registry settings back and installed resco contact manager. Now i would like to use again the threaded SMS for Tmail but nothing happens now.
I re-edited the registry and it just didnt work.. Can someone help me enable threaded SMS again?

Please please. Thanks a lot.

kubik73

kubik73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

How I can disable standard full screen callerid in latest JG2 6.5.3 ROM? I want to use S2U2 for CallerID but I can't do it, because standard callerid screen is always ontop, even if S2U2 CallerID is enabled.

Please, help me.

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Devices:AMDZERO'D out i920!!!!!!!!
if you REALLY want to increase the battery life of your device tell activesync to only sync manually :P

pathaniya

pathaniya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

if you REALLY want to increase the battery life of your device tell activesync to only sync manually :lol:

How can we do that?

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Devices:AMDZERO'D out i920!!!!!!!!
activesync>menu>schedule

change sync during to manually

amb123

amb123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Devices:Samsung I9100
Hi guys,
I've been looking all over this forum for the cabbed samsung apps for O2. I am still on the stock Bell rom and recently decided to try one of the light Roms. The problem is that there are some samsung apps that I really like and want to keep.
However, I've not been able to find them. The only post where they were posted once is http://www.modaco.co...-lite-20100514/. Twu2 did a great job cabbing all of them but the files were deleted from the multiapload/rapidshare. If anyone has them can you post them here, please. Also, if you are aware of some apps that need to be cooked in to work properly, can you please let me know which ones.
Thank you.

dinhductao

dinhductao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:i8000
  • Twitter:@daica
Thank you very much, tacchan23! It's really useful for all Omnia 2 users! :) Please share any tip and tricks when you find out more! Thanks again! :)

Abid Aziz

Abid Aziz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT I8000
Please help me out :)
I am using Omnia II Gt i8000 from bell canada. My phone got stuck while installing some software. Then i reinstalled all parts of firmware and it works well but there is huge problem that my device date is automatically adjusted 1 hour forward when i insert any carriers SIM. I had tried WM 6.5 to 6.5.3 and 6.5.5 neo lite but this problem remains there. I flashed every part but in vain. Please help me :) :)

jamalbleik

jamalbleik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Cabs for easy and fast Registry Tweaking

In this thread you can find Cabs (made by Tylwith) that will make applying some of the Registry Tweaks posted above a lot more easy and fast.

Below a short description:

CameraSoundSh1.cab Disable autofocus sound, recording sound and SHUTTER1
DisableCameraSound.cab Disable autofocus sound, recording sound and SHUTTER3 (so you need to set the camera to SHUTTER3)
Enable_Settings_rotation.cab Enables the settings menu in 6.5 rom and also allow to map the rotation to a hard key
EnableDialerSkin.cab Enable Samsung Dialer
DisableDialerSkin.cab Disable Samsung Dialer
Touch.cab Encrese the screen responsiveness/sensitivity
DisableSkinSmsEmail.cab Disable Samsung Skinned Email and Sms application
EnableThreadedSms.cab It only works after using disableSkinSmSEmail.cab
4RowsMenuWithHoneyComb.cab Make 4 rows for windows 6.5 start up menu with honeycomb
StartMenu_Grid_5.CAB Make 5 rows for windows 6.5 start up menu without honeycomb (from XDa forum)
OldStyleStart.CAB Old style (but big size and fingerfriendly) Start Menu for people who don't like wm6.5 start menu
Shetlander_Honeycomb_Start_Menu.cab (by XDA developers) Enable "3 columns with big icons" Honeycomb in start menu
SettingMenu.cab Add 6.1 menusettings for people who want to enable/disable touchwizUI on wm6.5 (Uninstall the cab after use)
DisableStartShutdownSounds.cab Disable Start and ShutDown sounds
lightsensorfix.cab fixes the light sensor refresh rate on WM 6.1 (On 6.1 the sensor refresh is too short so basicly the screen change every second of brightness so it's no good for visual effect nor for battery life.) (Tested on H5)
EnableFrontCamera.cab enables the front camera

dear , i am interested in the 5 icons start menu cab and i thank you for it, but first i need to know if i can undo it if i dont like the change. many thanks.

vishwamohansharma

vishwamohansharma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:i8000
FRIENDS, I HAVE I8000 WM 6.1 INDIA VER.
I WANT TO PLAY MUSIC/AUDIO FILE WHILE CALL IN PROGRESS. I MISS N79 FOR THIS FEATURE.
I AM USING IDEA SIM. I AM NOT ABLE TO USE INTERNET IN MY PHONE ITSELF. INTERNET EXPLORER AND OPERA 10 SHOWES NETWORK ERROR. I HAVE RECHECKED ALL THE SETTINGS FROM IDEA CC. BUT I AM ABLE TO SHARE MY GPRS TO PC INTERNET IS WORKING ON PC ( USING PHONE GPRS THOUGH USB CABLE.). SAMSUNG SERVICE CENTER GUYZ FLASHED MY PHONE AND INTERNET WORKED AGAIN ON MY PHONE. IN 5-6 DAYZ THE PROBLEM STARTED AGAIN. PLZ HELP.

Regards,
Vishwa
[email protected]

zen10shadow

zen10shadow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia2 I8000
  • Twitter:@none

LINKS to other useful/informative threads

Good Day!

I hope you can help me do some tweaks on my phone. Attached are the pictures of what i was hoping to do.
I want to add links of my frequently used apps on the space beside the netqin anti-virus link. I also want to change some icons for my apps.
I'm learning alot from your posts.
Attached File  Screen01.png   316.18KB   7 downloadsAttached File  Screen02.png   316.72KB   11 downloads

Thanks,
zen

jamalbleik

jamalbleik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Cabs for easy and fast Registry Tweaking

In this thread you can find Cabs (made by Tylwith) that will make applying some of the Registry Tweaks posted above a lot more easy and fast.

Below a short description:

CameraSoundSh1.cab Disable autofocus sound, recording sound and SHUTTER1
DisableCameraSound.cab Disable autofocus sound, recording sound and SHUTTER3 (so you need to set the camera to SHUTTER3)
Enable_Settings_rotation.cab Enables the settings menu in 6.5 rom and also allow to map the rotation to a hard key
EnableDialerSkin.cab Enable Samsung Dialer
DisableDialerSkin.cab Disable Samsung Dialer
Touch.cab Encrese the screen responsiveness/sensitivity
DisableSkinSmsEmail.cab Disable Samsung Skinned Email and Sms application
EnableThreadedSms.cab It only works after using disableSkinSmSEmail.cab
4RowsMenuWithHoneyComb.cab Make 4 rows for windows 6.5 start up menu with honeycomb
StartMenu_Grid_5.CAB Make 5 rows for windows 6.5 start up menu without honeycomb (from XDa forum)
OldStyleStart.CAB Old style (but big size and fingerfriendly) Start Menu for people who don't like wm6.5 start menu
Shetlander_Honeycomb_Start_Menu.cab (by XDA developers) Enable "3 columns with big icons" Honeycomb in start menu
SettingMenu.cab Add 6.1 menusettings for people who want to enable/disable touchwizUI on wm6.5 (Uninstall the cab after use)
DisableStartShutdownSounds.cab Disable Start and ShutDown sounds
lightsensorfix.cab fixes the light sensor refresh rate on WM 6.1 (On 6.1 the sensor refresh is too short so basicly the screen change every second of brightness so it's no good for visual effect nor for battery life.) (Tested on H5)
EnableFrontCamera.cab enables the front camera

thanks for all your efforts, but i need a simple answer, are those cabs reversible in case i want to revert to the original settings? and how do i reverse them? many thanks.

jamalbleik

jamalbleik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
it seems this topic is dead, i posted about the 5 icons cab 2 weeks ago to know if it is reversible and no one out there to reply. :)

Stu_

Stu_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i8000
Hi.

Hopfully a quick question about flashing. I noticed you need to install Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.zip. Being from Australia, we have gsm / 3G rather than CDMA, I want to make sure that this file is to enable OCTANS to communicate with the phone, rather than having any regional specific purpose.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart.

Lancez

Lancez

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,093 posts
  • Interests:My Devices:
    Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung I9100
    Samsung S8600 Bada
    Samsung I8000
    Samsung I900
    Sony Ericsson X10a

Hi.

Hopfully a quick question about flashing. I noticed you need to install Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.zip. Being from Australia, we have gsm / 3G rather than CDMA, I want to make sure that this file is to enable OCTANS to communicate with the phone, rather than having any regional specific purpose.

Thanks in advance,
Stuart.

its a USB driver, its got nothing to do with your 3G :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users