Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest amb123

Hi guys,

I've been looking all over this forum for the cabbed samsung apps for O2. I am still on the stock Bell rom and recently decided to try one of the light Roms. The problem is that there are some samsung apps that I really like and want to keep.

However, I've not been able to find them. The only post where they were posted once is http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-lite-20100514/. Twu2 did a great job cabbing all of them but the files were deleted from the multiapload/rapidshare. If anyone has them can you post them here, please. Also, if you are aware of some apps that need to be cooked in to work properly, can you please let me know which ones.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dinhductao

Thank you very much, tacchan23! It's really useful for all Omnia 2 users! :) Please share any tip and tricks when you find out more! Thanks again! :)

Guest Abid Aziz

Please help me out :)

I am using Omnia II Gt i8000 from bell canada. My phone got stuck while installing some software. Then i reinstalled all parts of firmware and it works well but there is huge problem that my device date is automatically adjusted 1 hour forward when i insert any carriers SIM. I had tried WM 6.5 to 6.5.3 and 6.5.5 neo lite but this problem remains there. I flashed every part but in vain. Please help me :) :)

Guest jamalbleik
Cabs for easy and fast Registry Tweaking

In this thread you can find Cabs (made by Tylwith) that will make applying some of the Registry Tweaks posted above a lot more easy and fast.

Below a short description:

CameraSoundSh1.cab Disable autofocus sound, recording sound and SHUTTER1

DisableCameraSound.cab Disable autofocus sound, recording sound and SHUTTER3 (so you need to set the camera to SHUTTER3)

Enable_Settings_rotation.cab Enables the settings menu in 6.5 rom and also allow to map the rotation to a hard key

EnableDialerSkin.cab Enable Samsung Dialer

DisableDialerSkin.cab Disable Samsung Dialer

Touch.cab Encrese the screen responsiveness/sensitivity

DisableSkinSmsEmail.cab Disable Samsung Skinned Email and Sms application

EnableThreadedSms.cab It only works after using disableSkinSmSEmail.cab

4RowsMenuWithHoneyComb.cab Make 4 rows for windows 6.5 start up menu with honeycomb

StartMenu_Grid_5.CAB Make 5 rows for windows 6.5 start up menu without honeycomb (from XDa forum)

OldStyleStart.CAB Old style (but big size and fingerfriendly) Start Menu for people who don't like wm6.5 start menu

Shetlander_Honeycomb_Start_Menu.cab (by XDA developers) Enable "3 columns with big icons" Honeycomb in start menu

SettingMenu.cab Add 6.1 menusettings for people who want to enable/disable touchwizUI on wm6.5 (Uninstall the cab after use)

DisableStartShutdownSounds.cab Disable Start and ShutDown sounds

lightsensorfix.cab fixes the light sensor refresh rate on WM 6.1 (On 6.1 the sensor refresh is too short so basicly the screen change every second of brightness so it's no good for visual effect nor for battery life.) (Tested on H5)

EnableFrontCamera.cab enables the front camera

dear , i am interested in the 5 icons start menu cab and i thank you for it, but first i need to know if i can undo it if i dont like the change. many thanks.

Guest vishwamohansharma

FRIENDS, I HAVE I8000 WM 6.1 INDIA VER.

I WANT TO PLAY MUSIC/AUDIO FILE WHILE CALL IN PROGRESS. I MISS N79 FOR THIS FEATURE.

I AM USING IDEA SIM. I AM NOT ABLE TO USE INTERNET IN MY PHONE ITSELF. INTERNET EXPLORER AND OPERA 10 SHOWES NETWORK ERROR. I HAVE RECHECKED ALL THE SETTINGS FROM IDEA CC. BUT I AM ABLE TO SHARE MY GPRS TO PC INTERNET IS WORKING ON PC ( USING PHONE GPRS THOUGH USB CABLE.). SAMSUNG SERVICE CENTER GUYZ FLASHED MY PHONE AND INTERNET WORKED AGAIN ON MY PHONE. IN 5-6 DAYZ THE PROBLEM STARTED AGAIN. PLZ HELP.

Regards,

Vishwa

[email protected]

Guest zen10shadow
LINKS to other useful/informative threads

Good Day!

I hope you can help me do some tweaks on my phone. Attached are the pictures of what i was hoping to do.

I want to add links of my frequently used apps on the space beside the netqin anti-virus link. I also want to change some icons for my apps.

I'm learning alot from your posts.

post-772029-1287895935_thumb.pngpost-772029-1287895979_thumb.png

Thanks,

zen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jamalbleik
Cabs for easy and fast Registry Tweaking

In this thread you can find Cabs (made by Tylwith) that will make applying some of the Registry Tweaks posted above a lot more easy and fast.

Below a short description:

CameraSoundSh1.cab Disable autofocus sound, recording sound and SHUTTER1

DisableCameraSound.cab Disable autofocus sound, recording sound and SHUTTER3 (so you need to set the camera to SHUTTER3)

Enable_Settings_rotation.cab Enables the settings menu in 6.5 rom and also allow to map the rotation to a hard key

EnableDialerSkin.cab Enable Samsung Dialer

DisableDialerSkin.cab Disable Samsung Dialer

Touch.cab Encrese the screen responsiveness/sensitivity

DisableSkinSmsEmail.cab Disable Samsung Skinned Email and Sms application

EnableThreadedSms.cab It only works after using disableSkinSmSEmail.cab

4RowsMenuWithHoneyComb.cab Make 4 rows for windows 6.5 start up menu with honeycomb

StartMenu_Grid_5.CAB Make 5 rows for windows 6.5 start up menu without honeycomb (from XDa forum)

OldStyleStart.CAB Old style (but big size and fingerfriendly) Start Menu for people who don't like wm6.5 start menu

Shetlander_Honeycomb_Start_Menu.cab (by XDA developers) Enable "3 columns with big icons" Honeycomb in start menu

SettingMenu.cab Add 6.1 menusettings for people who want to enable/disable touchwizUI on wm6.5 (Uninstall the cab after use)

DisableStartShutdownSounds.cab Disable Start and ShutDown sounds

lightsensorfix.cab fixes the light sensor refresh rate on WM 6.1 (On 6.1 the sensor refresh is too short so basicly the screen change every second of brightness so it's no good for visual effect nor for battery life.) (Tested on H5)

EnableFrontCamera.cab enables the front camera

thanks for all your efforts, but i need a simple answer, are those cabs reversible in case i want to revert to the original settings? and how do i reverse them? many thanks.

Hi.

Hopfully a quick question about flashing. I noticed you need to install Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.zip. Being from Australia, we have gsm / 3G rather than CDMA, I want to make sure that this file is to enable OCTANS to communicate with the phone, rather than having any regional specific purpose.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart.

Hi.

Hopfully a quick question about flashing. I noticed you need to install Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.zip. Being from Australia, we have gsm / 3G rather than CDMA, I want to make sure that this file is to enable OCTANS to communicate with the phone, rather than having any regional specific purpose.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart.

its a USB driver, its got nothing to do with your 3G :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
I found something useful, maybe you all know about it. If you want to force Xtra to update everytime you connect to a Wifi access point, just open some registry editor, go to HKLM/Software/Samsung/RIL/GPS/XTRA/AutoDownloadWifi and change the value from 0 to 1.

I'm still learning about my phone but does this work on my i8000? I've installed Garmin mobile xt but haven't quite figured out what the deal is with Xtra updates? I'm only using wifi at this point- no data plan. How do I know its downloading updates?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest johnniewalker39

There is something that really annoys me about O2:

I have set as SMS notification sound a longer ~15 second sound (so i can be sure i hear it in crowded places).

But it plays the whole sound each time i receive a new SMS, even if i'm using the phone and tapping the screen, no matter what app i'm running, it just keeps playing the whole sound until it ends. Only by pressing the 'end call' button i can stop it from playing, but it's annoying because that button also gets me to desktop. No other button works.

For instance, if i'm already in Inbox reading SMSs, and i receive a new SMS, i have to press the 'end call' button to stop it from ringing, which exits to desktop, and then i have to go back to Inbox to read it. :lol: Each time i receive a SMS, i have to exit whatever app i'm using, by pressing that button just to stop it from ringing! I don't know if only i encounter this problem, or if this is a common problem. I've done some searching and found nothing about this yet. I'm using 6.5.3

Is there a solution to stop the incoming SMS notification sound from ringing, just by tapping the screen?

Thanks!

Edited by johnniewalker39

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest shockwavenl

Hi there,

Im trying to flash my omnia 2 to the Energy rom : http://www.modaco.com/topic/317099-wwe%C2%B8%C2%B8%C2%B7%C2%B4%C2%AF%C2%B7%C2%B8%C2%B8-energy-%C2%B8%C2%B8%C2%B7%C2%B4%C2%AF-july-4-2191629022-sense-25-2021-titanium-cookie-20/

i downloaded the version i wanted. but there is no .CSC file, can i just do without that file? or is it necessary?

if so, where can i get that .csc file? i cant find it anywhere:(

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Demongrey

Hi there,

Im trying to flash my omnia 2 to the Energy rom : http://www.modaco.co...nium-cookie-20/

i downloaded the version i wanted. but there is no .CSC file, can i just do without that file? or is it necessary?

if so, where can i get that .csc file? i cant find it anywhere:(

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Not really necessary to flash the CSC part, just flash the PDA part to avoid any issues.

Guest Demongrey

I have set as SMS notification sound a longer ~15 second sound (so i can be sure i hear it in crowded places).

But it plays the whole sound each time i receive a new SMS, even if i'm using the phone and tapping the screen, no matter what app i'm running, it just keeps playing the whole sound until it ends. Only by pressing the 'end call' button i can stop it from playing, but it's annoying because that button also gets me to desktop. No other button works.

For instance, if i'm already in Inbox reading SMSs, and i receive a new SMS, i have to press the 'end call' button to stop it from ringing, which exits to desktop, and then i have to go back to Inbox to read it. :lol: Each time i receive a SMS, i have to exit whatever app i'm using, by pressing that button just to stop it from ringing! I don't know if only i encounter this problem, or if this is a common problem. I've done some searching and found nothing about this yet. I'm using 6.5.3

Is there a solution to stop the incoming SMS notification sound from ringing, just by tapping the screen?

Thanks!

SMS notifications should not always be longer than 5 to 10 seconds. As you placed a notification sound that runs for 15 seconds it will play the sound until the end of its duration. Just a tip keep your notification sound shorted.

Guest Demongrey

Thanks!

SMS notifications should not always be longer than 5 to 10 seconds. As you placed a notification sound that runs for 15 seconds it will play the sound until the end of its duration. Just a tip keep your notification sound shorter.