Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest tacchan23
about that... i cant seem to press on the lock screen option... is it because of the old samsung settings cab i used??

No idea... anyway the author of the old samsung settings cab suggested to uninstall it asap after use, so it may depend on that

Guest lastethica
I do not know if I understand you right, but i think that i can select other numbers on the sms by tapping the the word "TO:" then selecting the name then selecting the numbers that i want to send sms to.

with samsung sms menu you cant select the 2nd or 3rd number, it will only shoh you the number saved under mobile number field.

so the only solution is you go to phone book and select the 2nd/3rd number and press hold to slect the menu to sms.

but its irritating when you want to sms to both number for one person.

Guest vodanhdaisu

Hey tacchan, do u use any software for changing automatically today wallpaper of titanium ? I've found the software named "AntWorks Auto Wallpaper Changer" , but it seems not working on my omnia2

Guest tacchan23
Hey tacchan, do u use any software for changing automatically today wallpaper of titanium ? I've found the software named "AntWorks Auto Wallpaper Changer" , but it seems not working on my omnia2

Sorry no idea, I don't really like Titanium look/feel... so I never really tried it after seeing some screens

Edited by tacchan23

Guest vodanhdaisu
Sorry no idea, I don't really like Titanium look/feel... so I never really tried it after seeing some screens

So well, May i know what UI are you using for your Om2 ? :D

Guest Mjasojed

I'm sorry upfront if my questions have been already unanswered, but I couldn't find the answers so far. Could anybody please advice me how to disable tapping sounds on Today screen.

Also is there a way to add at list one more Today screen?

Thank you all in advance.

Guest tacchan23
I'm sorry upfront if my questions have been already unanswered, but I couldn't find the answers so far. Could anybody please advice me how to disable tapping sounds on Today screen.

Also is there a way to add at list one more Today screen?

Thank you all in advance.

What you mean for tapping sounds on "Today screen"?

if you mean any sounds tapping on any screen (not just Today) then go to Settings - Sound Settings - Touch Alert - Touch Event set to None

Also I don't understand what you mean with "add at list one more Today screen"

Windows Mobile 6.5 ROMs: Tweaks tested and working on newer wm 6.5 firmware

SMS/Email

• Disable the Threading SMS in Samsung SMS skinned application

Go to HKLM/Software/Samsung/JINBOX and set "ThreadedViewDisabled" from 0 to 1.

After changing you need to softreset your device.

How do you get to HKLM/Software/...?

I have installed resco explorer and done soft reset but cant seem to locate the program in the installed location "my device" on my Omnia2.

Wad step am i missing or resco is irrelevant to get to HKLM registry?

Please bear wif me cos i'm noobs in WM.

:D

How do you get to HKLM/Software/...?

I have installed resco explorer and done soft reset but cant seem to locate the program in the installed location "my device" on my Omnia2.

Wad step am i missing or resco is irrelevant to get to HKLM registry?

Please bear wif me cos i'm noobs in WM.

:D

Managed to find out myself. Thks for viewing.

BTW i'm on resco explorer trial version. any help? :P

Guest Mjasojed
What you mean for tapping sounds on "Today screen"?

if you mean any sounds tapping on any screen (not just Today) then go to Settings - Sound Settings - Touch Alert - Touch Event set to None

Also I don't understand what you mean with "add at list one more Today screen"

Thank you for your replay.

I was talking about Samsung TouchWiz UI Today Screen with widgets.

I managed to remove warnings and other unnecessary for me sounds from my Omnia II, but tapping sound of widgets on Samsung TouchWiz UI Today Screen I couldn't find the way to disable it.

Regarding the 4th screen. Samsung TouchWiz UI Today Screen by default has 3 screens where we can put widgets. Is there a reg hack (or another way) to add more screens?

Thank you in advance.

Guest tacchan23
Thank you for your replay.

I was talking about Samsung TouchWiz UI Today Screen with widgets.

I managed to remove warnings and other unnecessary for me sounds from my Omnia II, but tapping sound of widgets on Samsung TouchWiz UI Today Screen I couldn't find the way to disable it.

Regarding the 4th screen. Samsung TouchWiz UI Today Screen by default has 3 screens where we can put widgets. Is there a reg hack (or another way) to add more screens?

Thank you in advance.

The Samsung Widgets is called WidgetPlus, just for info^^

The issue/bug about sounds when tapping on widgets (even with touch sound notification disabled) was reported on older ROM, but I don't know if it has been fixed on newer ROMs (which ROM you using? if it is a WM6.5 rom, it means Samsung didn't fix it yet)

About adding a 4th page to WidgetPlus I really don't know, never looked into it becouse IMHO it is a very crappy UI and disabling it is the first thing to do in my list after flashing a new ROM^^

Small guide/memo on what to do after Flashing a new ROM

10) S2U2 (edit/import preferences, customize looks)

13) Backup software

18) Garmin

couple of questions, if i may...

10) how do you get this thing to work so that you don't have to unlock twice? i keep having the same problem - when unlocking the s2u2 i have to unlock "original" wm6.5 screen. did not find proper settings yet...

13) which one do you use? i tried resco backup, but it seems not to get everything in place...

18) Garmin Mobile XT 5.00.20w asked me to get explicitly garmin gps module. I did not see GpsGate or similar in your installation... how do you get it to work? does your gps catch the signat quickly? mine always complaing to have poor gps reception... or yre you using external gps receiver?

thanks in advance for your answers!

cheers,

egor

Guest tacchan23
couple of questions, if i may...

10) how do you get this thing to work so that you don't have to unlock twice? i keep having the same problem - when unlocking the s2u2 i have to unlock "original" wm6.5 screen. did not find proper settings yet...

13) which one do you use? i tried resco backup, but it seems not to get everything in place...

18) Garmin Mobile XT 5.00.20w asked me to get explicitly garmin gps module. I did not see GpsGate or similar in your installation... how do you get it to work? does your gps catch the signat quickly? mine always complaing to have poor gps reception... or yre you using external gps receiver?

thanks in advance for your answers!

cheers,

egor

10) you have to disable the wm 6.5 lock screen: Samsung settings - Display and light - Lock screen (you are not the fist to ask, I'll add it to the FAQ)

13) I mean I install Backup Software (SPB backup in my case), I don't mean you can restore your backup after flashing.

18) Garmin should ask for external gps module only if it's not registered yet (at least it was like this for me before registering).

Guest tacchan23

- Notepad/Memo (what I looking for: finger friendly, allow both typing and writing in the same sheet, alarm reminders, voice memo)

PhatNotes + PhatPad: installing both programs (from the same producer) you can get alarm reminders, voice memo, typing and hand writing but still the integration is not really good.

AgileNotes v2.0 (note that the new version v3.0 is really crap and doesn’t support handwriting anymore): too bad it’s a very old release so it’s not finger friendly; also no alarm reminders.

VsNotepad: very very nice interface but doesn’t support typing and can’t save to Storage/Memory Card

Evernote: Type a text note. Clip a web page. Snap a photo. Grab a screenshot. Evernote will keep it organized. (NOT TESTED MYSELF YET, but it sounds interesting)

Guest selcuk666

Dear gurus

you know that omnia I8000 has a intrinsic  call recorder, but it is often difficult to press note to record call during conversation, is it possible by a registry tweak to have all the call being recorded without pressing anywhere

thank you 

Guest tacchan23
Dear gurus

you know that omnia I8000 has a intrinsic call recorder, but it is often difficult to press note to record call during conversation, is it possible by a registry tweak to have all the call being recorded without pressing anywhere

thank you

I honestly don't know... but I guess it's not very likely.

Maybe you can try this freeware (I didn't test it yet): auto call recorder: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=536472

Guest tacchan23

- PIM

ThumbCal v1.3.5: very efficient and finger friendly calendar and tasks application. The other 2 suggested PIM below offer very powerful features to create links between, tasks, appointments, contacts, etc… but that comes at the price of needing a lot of time for learning how to use them. So if you are looking for a real user friendly solution, efficient, immediate to use and don’t need any “strange” features for you appointment/tasks managment, ThumbCal is the best choice.

Agenda One: I didn’t test the latest version, should be more finger friendly than the past (could be a good choice for people who need a more “powerful” PIM than ThumbCal)

Pocket Informant: I didn’t test the latest version, should be more finger friendly than the past (could be a good choice for people who need a more “powerful” PIM than ThumbCal)

SPB Diary: it’s a Today plugin, so it may be useful for people who don’t know how to fill their Today screen (couse using some other UI)

TodayAgenda (freware): as above, but it’s freeware^^

18) Garmin should ask for external gps module only if it's not registered yet (at least it was like this for me before registering).

thx for the help! first 2 answers worked for me. the last one is about gps reception. am i the only one who has to wait for ages (today i walked to the train station over 5 minutes and still did not get any lock, despite at least 6 satellites in range, although with quite low signal levels, under 30%)?

Guest tacchan23
thx for the help! first 2 answers worked for me. the last one is about gps reception. am i the only one who has to wait for ages (today i walked to the train station over 5 minutes and still did not get any lock, despite at least 6 satellites in range, although with quite low signal levels, under 30%)?

Is Garmins still asking you to get garmin gps module?

If so, I think it's not installed properly.

If not, did you try the GPS settings I posted in the Tweak/FAQ? maybe they will increase the fix time.

Guest vodanhdaisu

Tacchan, i have a question, i would like to use Resco Contact as my default contact, how can i make it automatically jump to Resco Contact whenever i click on Contact soft button :D

Guest tacchan23
Tacchan, i have a question, i would like to use Resco Contact as my default contact, how can i make it automatically jump to Resco Contact whenever i click on Contact soft button :D

HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Shell>Rai>:MSCONTACTS

Change key labelled 1 to :RPMContacts

I didn't test it yet on Wm6.5 rom

Guest dgmorland

Enabling NetCompactFramework 3.5

• Open any registry editor, go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework
    change 2.0.7045.00 from 1 to 0
    then change 3.5.7283.00 from 0 to 1
    wait 30 secs then soft reset

I don't have the 3.5.7283.00 key in my registry (I just have the 2.0 one described above). I have PDA XXIJ6 , CSC EURIJ6, PHONE XXIJ2 ROM. I tried to install Mobile Shell Extension which needs v3.5 netcompactframework and it wont install. I tried downloading .netcompactframework v3.5 but when it went to install it said it was already in my ROM. If it is already there, how can I enable it if the registry key above doesnt exist? It seems to be half there only!