tacchan23

tacchan23

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i8000 Omnia 2
- eBook readers
AllReader Plus: really the best eBook reader by far! So many option and features. Only downside is it doesn’t support PDF files so you’ll need also another reader if you don’t want to convert your pdf files first to txt.
RepliGo: it’s good for reading pdf files with a lot of images (otherwise difficult to convert properly to txt) but personally I’d use the already installed and free Adobe Reader 2.5 LE (or 2.0)
uBook: can read many formats and seems to be good with documents that have images in them, like PDF; very bad interface. (NOT TESTED MYSELF YET)
Foxit Reader: another reader for PDF, I read some positive comments (NOT TESTED MYSELF YET)
PocketXpdf (freeware): a viewer for native PDF files (NOT TESTED MYSELF YET)

tacchan23

tacchan23

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
- Office/Productivity
SoftMaker Office 2008: This is best software for office compatible on WM, lot better than Microsoft's Office Mobile itself to open Microsoft Office files without data loss
uConvert: units and currency converter with a built-in calculator (NOT TESTED MYSELF YET)
Scan2Pdf Mobile: uses your mobile phone to scan documents and convert them to PDF files, it may be useful
Jetcet Print: lets you print documents, photos, email, etc from your Windows Mobile Pocket PC phone. (NOT TESTED MYSELF YET)

Below a list of CAD applications which I’ll be testing next year when I’ll go back to my real job of Civil Engineer L
Omni Data Shape CAD (NOT TESTED MYSELF YET)
ProCad. CAD for PocketPC (Freeware) (NOT TESTED MYSELF YET)
ShortCAD Lite (Freeware) (NOT TESTED MYSELF YET)
BlitzCAD v24.9.8.1 (Freeware) (NOT TESTED MYSELF YET)

Edited by tacchan23, 25 October 2009 - 07:39 AM.

Faidz Jalil

Faidz Jalil

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Thanks a lot for your reply. I managed to edit the file but then, I don't see any difference. I even restarted the phone.

Do you have any screen capture comparing before and after applying the tweak?

tacchan23

tacchan23

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Thanks a lot for your reply. I managed to edit the file but then, I don't see any difference. I even restarted the phone.

Do you have any screen capture comparing before and after applying the tweak?

Did you disable the Samsung SMS application first? it only works with tmail.exe

bobobird

bobobird

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Devices:i900

AGPS uses network to assist in triangulation of your position.

The "network" is actually the cell towers that are in your vicinity. This info is always available to your phone and does not require any extra network data. That is how emergency services are able to approximate your location.

Install google maps and without using data or gps, it will show your approximate location. If cell tower locations were not broadcast there is no way for google maps to do that.

That is my basic understanding of how this works. I dont have a data plan and use gps extensively and have never rec'd any bills.

These 2 articles may be of some use

http://www.wmexperts...k_tutorial.html
http://journal.zenye...s-myth-or-fact/

Faidz Jalil

Faidz Jalil

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
No, I'm using the default Samsung's apps and I just apply some minor tweaks. Nothing is disabled.

tacchan23

tacchan23

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

No, I'm using the default Samsung's apps and I just apply some minor tweaks. Nothing is disabled.

So it's not working. It only modify the Threaded SMS Input Space in the WinMo sms program (tmail.exe), it doesn't effect Samsung Sms program

lastethica

lastethica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:omnia II
guys, if you have a contact book wich consist more than one number, how to select the 2nd or 3rd number to sms from the sms menu?
i know that we could open the contact number and hold on to the number we desire than a menu will pop up asking waht you want to do with it.
but if you want to add the 2nd or 3rd number directly from sms menu (add recipient) it only display the first number.
how to select the other number then?
thx.

tacchan23

tacchan23

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

guys, if you have a contact book wich consist more than one number, how to select the 2nd or 3rd number to sms from the sms menu?
i know that we could open the contact number and hold on to the number we desire than a menu will pop up asking waht you want to do with it.
but if you want to add the 2nd or 3rd number directly from sms menu (add recipient) it only display the first number.
thx.

From what I read before, I could understand (maybe I am wrong) with WinMo you can send SMS only to the "Mobile tel" number of your contacts (no work or home tel)... too bad in a Contact there is just one Mobile tel field.

ronny

ronny

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Location:Omnia II, HTC Touch Dual and O2 Graphite User PHILIPPINES
  • Devices:Omnia II, Touch Dual, Graphite

thx.

I do not know if I understand you right, but i think that i can select other numbers on the sms by tapping the the word "TO:" then selecting the name then selecting the numbers that i want to send sms to.

Attached Files

• Attached File  sms.jpg   103.94KB   217 downloads

Edited by ronny, 27 October 2009 - 03:46 AM.

tacchan23

tacchan23

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

I do not know if I understand you right, but i think that i can select other numbers on the sms by tapping the the word "TO:" then selecting the name then selecting the numbers that i want to send sms to.

Mmm, it doesn't seem to work (or I'm doing something wrong) with the Samsung SMS application. Maybe it works only with the WM tmail

mightymouse1045

mightymouse1045

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Mmm, it doesn't seem to work (or I'm doing something wrong) with the Samsung SMS application. Maybe it works only with the WM tmail

i have tried this with jinbox and tmail and both work - just click TO: then select the name and it gives you an option to choose which number to send to

darkworldzz

darkworldzz

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Devices:omnia 2
erm.. simple qns.. am i able to disable the wm6.5 lock screen?? i wna use S2U2 but the wm lock screen is still there so i kind of have to 'unlock' twice...
thx in advance..

Rina Nagasaki!!

tacchan23

tacchan23

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

erm.. simple qns.. am i able to disable the wm6.5 lock screen?? i wna use S2U2 but the wm lock screen is still there so i kind of have to 'unlock' twice...
thx in advance..

Samsung Setting - Disaply and Light - Lock Screen - Turn off the option

darkworldzz

darkworldzz

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
about that... i cant seem to press on the lock screen option... is it because of the old samsung settings cab i used??

Rina Nagasaki!!

tacchan23

tacchan23

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

about that... i cant seem to press on the lock screen option... is it because of the old samsung settings cab i used??

No idea... anyway the author of the old samsung settings cab suggested to uninstall it asap after use, so it may depend on that

darkworldzz

darkworldzz

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
kk thks... its the 6.1 settings... i did nt noe u have to uninstall it after use...

Rina Nagasaki!!

tacchan23

tacchan23

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

kk thks... its the 6.1 settings... i did nt noe u have to uninstall it after use...

Ok, added a comment in the cab page to uninstall it after use

lastethica

lastethica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

with samsung sms menu you cant select the 2nd or 3rd number, it will only shoh you the number saved under mobile number field.

so the only solution is you go to phone book and select the 2nd/3rd number and press hold to slect the menu to sms.

but its irritating when you want to sms to both number for one person.

vodanhdaisu

vodanhdaisu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
Hey tacchan, do u use any software for changing automatically today wallpaper of titanium ? I've found the software named "AntWorks Auto Wallpaper Changer" , but it seems not working on my omnia2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users