Note: Version 1.8 Beta now available - click for more details!
This ROM is now ONLY for Pulse devices running the 'December Update'.
If you are not running the update for any reason, a link to the 1.5 is included below.
I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the T-Mobile Pulse! No 'wipe' is required to use this ROM.
You can now create a customised ROM containing only the parts you required - see the second post in this topic for details!
MCR now optionally includes Wavesecure in ROM, allowing you to lock / locate / wipe your device remotely in the event of loss and be notified if the SIM is changed. The application cannot be uninstalled by a thief and we are actively working with Wavesecure to ensure that in a forthcoming release, your settings will survive a hard reset!
This ROM is based on the release ROM for the Pulse (together with my own optimisations) for the best possible performance!
Included in the ROM
- Based on the December Update release
- ROM is fully odex'd
- Built with my new MCR build process which reduces size and boosts the speed of the ROM
- Includes the MoDaCo Custom Kernel, which adds automatic compcache, swap support, EXT3/4 support and much more!
- Fixed build.prop so you can correctly download protected apps
- Rooted with 'adb remount' permission and superuser APK
- A2SD included (fully automatic - thanks cyanogen!) - create a EXT2/3/4 (3 or 4 recommended) partition as your second partition to use. You must NOT have a swap partition on your SD, or it will refuse to mount.
- Added Jbed Java
- Added Titanium Backup
- Added WiFi Status indicator, with kind permission of Andrew Schwimmer
- Added QuickBoot for booting into recovery mode / bootloader
- Added Dropbear SSH running by default, check 'About' screen for password (port 2222) - If you have problems using Roadsync, run 'adb shell /system/bin/removedropbear.sh'
- Added busybox 1.15.3 with Droid Explorer support
- Added nano 2.09 - text editor for use in shell mode
- Added parted and sqlite tools
- Added terminfo and settings to boot.img to allow nano etc. use
- Added files required for Debian linux
- Removed T-Mobile Jukebox link
- Removed T-Mobile WnW link
- Moved Google Maps to data partition (better for reclaiming space after updating via market)
- You can now check your MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) version from the about menu
- Optional 'WaveSecure' add on pack (puts Wavesecure in ROM)
This ROM is also available customised to your exact requirements in the MoDaCo Custom Custom ROM online kitchen - check it out!
Main ROM download: http://loadbalancing...b9bhnsua37tf7dx
Version 1.5 download for devices without the 'December Update': http://loadbalancing...mocjc20wbb6y77p
'Wavesecure' add on pack: http://www.wavesecur...ions/update.zip
Stock ROM downloads [outdated]
V100R001GBRC85B116SP01 (original shipping T-Mobile release, will NOT boot on devices running the December update) - http://loadbalancing...yfiovy4dsq4a7ch
ENSURE YOU DO A NANDROID BACKUP SO YOU CAN 'ROLL BACK' IF REQUIRED!
Please note that first boot may take a little while, especially if you have a lot of apps on your A2SD partition. Be patient! If you want a real clean start or you have issues with your existing A2SD installed apps when you boot, you need to wipe your EXT2 partition on SD too by executing 'adb shell rm -r /system/sd/app', 'adb shell rm -r /system/sd/app-private' and 'adb shell reboot'
Installing the December Update
To check if you already have the December Update - turn the device off, then turn if on with 'volume down' and 'end call' held. If the build date is Nov 26 2009 or newer, you have the December update applied.
If not... the December Update is a requirement for this ROM - use the instructions below to update.
- Download the update file
- Unzip the downloaded file to a location of your choice on your computer
- Copy the “dload” folder and all its contents to the root directory of your microSD card
- Insert the microSD card back into your device
- On your device select Settings -> SD card -> Phone Storage -> Upgrade
- The upgrade process will give you several warnings which you need to confirm to continue - then press the Upgrade option to begin the update
- As the update progresses you will see several screens along with a progress bar
- Once complete you will see a confirmation screen, and your Pulse will automatically restart
To install the MoDaCo Custom ROM on your Pulse...
- Download this custom ROM from the links above and copy it to your SD card
- Download the custom recovery image and install as detailed in that post. Stay in recovery mode.
- Select 'nandroid backup' from the menu to do a backup
- Select 'Flash zip from sdcard' and apply the main ROM
All done - Feedback / feature requests welcome!
Finally, if you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.