Guide to flash on Windows 7

Guest sorg

Since i'm planning to move to Windows 7, i've tried OCTANS on one of my notebooks (Sony Vaio P90HS) with Win7.

It didn't take long time to figure out working method.

You have to follow guide precisely, otherwise it may not work!

1) download Windows XP x32 driver attached in this post.

2) Turn off your Omnia II

3) connect Omnia II to computer.

4) Go to device management console and update Samsung MITs driver with one you downloaded in (1). Make sure you didn't get error while updating driver.

5) Disconnect Omnia II from computer.

6) Grab any version of OCTANS (newer - better) and using right click menu open properties of OCTANS executable and set compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3

7) Start OCTANS and follow usual guide to flash your Omnia II.

I've tried it by myself and it's 100% working.

If it's not working for you then you did something wrong. Check my guide again more precisely and correct your mistakes.

For x64 perverts, there is X64 driver attached. Guide is exactly the same, but i didn't test it because i hate to deal with MS signature checks. Only real perverters love Windows x64 and its signature hell :)

X64 driver is not signed, so have a nice sex with WinX64. I know you like it :(

WinXP_x32.zip

WinXP_x64.zip

and by the way:

Windows Mobile Device Center will remain functional because Omnia II recognized as 2 different devices: one is when it booted to WM and another when it powered off.

So, if you are not stupid enough to update driver while Omnia II is in WM (many people don't like to read guides carefully), then updated driver won't affect WMDC.

Edited by sorg

Although it's not necessary, but this is applicable for Vista as well.

OCTANS supports Vista, but very buggy. In XP compatibility mode with XP drivers it works better and doesn't crash on detecting stage.

had anyone tried the X64 drivers?

Is it workable on Windows 7 x64?

Unfortunately, the driver won't install on Windows 7 x64 (at least with my setup). Windows complains about the driver not being digitally signed. I guess x64 users are still left out in the cold. :)

Edited by mrzane

• 2 weeks later...
Guest brendans13

when flashing, what do all the codes in different CSC files mean??

there are so many to choose from but im not sure what it all means

the phone i bought is from singapore but i am from australia, so do i need to find out which CSC file is for australian region?

thx :D

..has any of you guys thought about downloading Windows XP mode for Windows 7?... ;)

And what do you think will happen when you shutdown your phone :D

....Unfortunately still no solution for me and my Win 7 x64 machines :P Crappy old ^#%$#&%$ Samsung software

Guest JoJo.IT

Nothing happens... I've tryed on 2 different 32bit Windows 7 build 7600 PC and OCTANS do nothing when i push "Detect"... drivers are correctly installed, Active Sync is working but my OminaII is ignored!!!

Any help?

Guest kohanson
Nothing happens... I've tryed on 2 different 32bit Windows 7 build 7600 PC and OCTANS do nothing when i push "Detect"... drivers are correctly installed, Active Sync is working but my OminaII is ignored!!!

Any help?

I'm currently using Win 7 home premium 64bit.. Hope that it works well for me as I'm downloading IJ9.. IJD has caused my phone to hang at least 3 times a day :D

Guest kohanson

I'm glad to say that I have made windows 7 x64 to work on my computer! It is a painful process to go through but it is worth it.. I would like to thanks sorg and deepower for teaching and providing all the help! I will also come out with my simple guide to allow all Win 7 x64 user to enjoy what I'm enjoying right now.

Instructions:

1. Restart your computer. At the boot screen, keep pressing F8 and you will be lead into the boot menu, select disable driver signature enforcement and click ok. (thanks to deepower)

2. Turn off phone, Connect USB cable, Click on Windows Start, click on Devices and printers

3. Select GT I8000, select hardware Tab, click properties, select driver tab.

4. Update Driver, select browse my computer for driver software, Click on 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'

5. Select Have disk, select the directory where you have extracted the x64 driver and install from there. (thanks to sorg for the drivers)

6. After installation, switch on your phone.

7. Ensure your Octans is running in Win XP SP3 and you are good to go. Follow all the flashing ROM steps.

8. Click on Detect, Switch off your phone, the start download will be active. :D

note:

Please restart your computer everytime you need to flash the ROM to disable the signature driver enforcement.

Win7x64OmniaII.jpg

Edited by kohanson

Guest kohanson

Any help?

Did you set octans to run in windows XP SP3 compatibility mode?

I'm glad to say that I have made windows 7 x64 to work on my computer! It is a painful process to go through but it is worth it.. I would like to thanks sorg and deepower for teaching and providing all the help! I will also come out with my simple guide to allow all Win 7 x64 user to enjoy what I'm enjoying right now.

Instructions:

1. Restart your computer......

Thanks Sorg, Deepower and Kohanson. Finally an upgraded Omnia 2! :D

@Kohanson: your tutorial is perfect, worked like a charm first time round

Again guys, thanks!

Edited by XeOS

Guest Chepapoa

Hi. Very good tutorial. Congratulations.

My o2 have IG6 CSC anda i donwload I8000NXXIJ1 ROM wich comes 3 files:

- CSC_I8000NXXIJ1.CSC

- Eboot_I8000NXXIJ1_HW_40.eb0

- PDA_I8000NXXIJ1_HW_40.MST

I read on this topic (http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-ii-http-i8000-modaco-com/294591/omnia-2-tweaks-flash-guide-suggested-programs-faq/#entry1092927) flash ONLY "pda" and "csc" files. Are these (CSC_I8000NXXIJ1.CSC and PDA_I8000NXXIJ1_HW_40.MST) files? The PDA and CSC means the first 3 letters of the files or the extension?

Other question: witch CSC file i have to choose? OCTANS show me a lot of option and i dont knot wich choose!

thanks!

Other question: witch CSC file i have to choose? OCTANS show me a lot of option and i dont knot wich choose!

Did you try : CSC decoding ?

Thanks for this guide, works perfectly. Even with Octan 2.11.

I have just to install Drivers V5 each time I need to Flash (no need to reboot ?), Se7en give me back the V6 overtime !

Guest RoSoMaK

Just like Windows Mobile 7 download center and the i900 will be detected

To load a new rom only two applications

Executor

USDL_GrandPrix_v1.6.4_VISTA me enter without a problem and I W7 64bit

It works...i get UK csc.

Now i'm with wm6.5.

Yes, it works with OCTANS Mini.

[]'s

nice! thanks for the confirmation! I won't be flashing my phone to either JC or K2 until I have my free time...

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Triple Ace

I am facing problem on "Start Downloading".

After I click on Detect, "Download RAM size" shown.

Then, I switch off my phone.

But the "Start Downloading" word does not appear to black and allow me to click on it.

Do anyone have idea?

I am running on Windows 7 x32 and the driver is the latest now.