PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! (NO NETWORK)

Guest pepe lacua

Guest sabbathbh
I have tried the *#0228# and something strange is showing... Current Temp : 137.8 'C

could that be why the phone has no signal? but the phone is very cold!

someone please help...

Mine goes from -31.2 'C to -17.8 'C

I don´t think this is reliable...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sabbathbh

modacian:

if you enable the "phone status" widget on main screen does it always show "No Service" or sometimes it shows "Limited Service" ?

My I8000 keep changing between both status but most of the time it's in "Limited Service".

After I got the phone part upgraded to L1 my phone is working sometimes with one SIM card (I have 4 SIM cards from the 4 telcos that cover my area to test). But it's too unstable, sometimes I can place and receive a call but seconds later it gets No Service or Limited Service again.

From my tests I could see that the phone always register on 3G/WCDMA cells. When it tries the GSM cells most of the time it can not register or sometimes it register but not for more than a minute or so.

All my 4 SIM cards do not have a 3G data plan. I can't understand why does it only register with one network.

I really hope someone with internal knowledge about this phone can help us with some configuration to fix this.

Guest abunhyan

this problem happened to me for the 2nd time !!!!!!!!!

First time i have to send the phone to the service center im kula lumbour and after 3 weeks thay told me that motherboard has been changed !!!!

I checked the IME and it was all 000000000000000000 any one can say why !!! but the network signal was working and no problems.

NOW after one month i just flashed my phone to scany L2 and aftet i installed all my programe suddenly my phone hardreset without doing anything and again !!!! NO NETWORK SIGNAL !!!!!

any one can tell me why is that happen and if the problem in hardwere or softwarer !!!!!!!

Thanks

Guest modacian
modacian:

if you enable the "phone status" widget on main screen does it always show "No Service" or sometimes it shows "Limited Service" ?

My I8000 keep changing between both status but most of the time it's in "Limited Service".

After I got the phone part upgraded to L1 my phone is working sometimes with one SIM card (I have 4 SIM cards from the 4 telcos that cover my area to test). But it's too unstable, sometimes I can place and receive a call but seconds later it gets No Service or Limited Service again.

From my tests I could see that the phone always register on 3G/WCDMA cells. When it tries the GSM cells most of the time it can not register or sometimes it register but not for more than a minute or so.

All my 4 SIM cards do not have a 3G data plan. I can't understand why does it only register with one network.

I really hope someone with internal knowledge about this phone can help us with some configuration to fix this.

I just get "No Service" in the widget...

Please anyone... can someone help resolve this problem? Thanks...

Edit: I am not sure is I could do this before, but I have been messing around with the settings to check if I can fix something and found the following observations:

1. Settings --> Network Settings --> Band Selection --> nothing can be chosen except Automatic and WCDMA, other than that it says "Fail to save BandSelection", changing to automatic or WCDMA does not solve the "No Service" problem.

2. HSDPA/HSUPA --> enabling and disabling is accepted, but does not solve the problem either.

I don't know if point 1 above is relevant to our issue. Can someone confirm please? Thank you.

Edited by modacian

Guest sabbathbh
I just get "No Service" in the widget...

Please anyone... can someone help resolve this problem? Thanks...

Edit: I am not sure is I could do this before, but I have been messing around with the settings to check if I can fix something and found the following observations:

1. Settings --> Network Settings --> Band Selection --> nothing can be chosen except Automatic and WCDMA, other than that it says "Fail to save BandSelection", changing to automatic or WCDMA does not solve the "No Service" problem.

2. HSDPA/HSUPA --> enabling and disabling is accepted, but does not solve the problem either.

I don't know if point 1 above is relevant to our issue. Can someone confirm please? Thank you.

I can change to any option in Band Selection but as I said before only in WCDMA i get any service and only in one carrier. And the service is unstable.

Did you try the RF Scanning option in *#0228# ? Can you get signal level from base stations ?

Guest modacian
I can change to any option in Band Selection but as I said before only in WCDMA i get any service and only in one carrier. And the service is unstable.

Did you try the RF Scanning option in *#0228# ? Can you get signal level from base stations ?

I tried this and I get the following:

Antenna Bar : 0

NO Service

when I go back and then phone control and then change state and try to change to GSM, it gives me GSM : IDLE

if I go to Phone control --> GCF Test Mode --> Network mode --> GSM Band Preference --> GSM ALL

it doesn't change from Automatic, it only changes to WCDMA Band Preference 3 and 4 only!!!

does this mean I have a bad GSM chip and the motherboard has to change? or is there anything else that can be done?

Please help!!1

Guest modacian

WOW...

no one in the whole wide world is welling to help...

And the service centers solve it in half an hour?

does it really have to happen to some big shot or a lot of people for someone to step in and try to help!!!

This is really funny...

Guest sabbathbh
WOW...

no one in the whole wide world is welling to help...

And the service centers solve it in half an hour?

does it really have to happen to some big shot or a lot of people for someone to step in and try to help!!!

This is really funny...

I think it's not like no one cares, I think no one knows how to help.

And I think we may have different problems here or at least different levels of the same problem.

My I8000 gets some Service in one network and gets Limited Service in others.

Yours get's only No Service.

I can change the Band Selection options.

You get some error in Band Selection.

Could you try the RF Scanning ?

*#0228#

BACK

BACK

[9] Common

[3] RF Scanning

[2] Start RF Scanning

Wait the result.

BACK

[4] Display Result on Screen

BACK

[1] Setting

[4] Display band

Number + ENTER

BACK

[4] Display Result on Screen

Repeat changing the Display band and see the results.

Do you get signal level from base stations ?

Guest totocotu

Hello,

Maybe this may help some of you.

I wanted to deactivate the 3G in order to increase the batery life. I went in the settings and I changed the selection of band from "automatic" to "GSM 900/1800". From that moment I have not been able any more to get a signal, even with other SIM cards. Moreover I was not able any more to go into the settings in order to revert the configuration back to "Automatic".

I solved the problem in this way :

1. I dialed *#1546792*#

2. I selected "Network Call Setting"

3. I selected "Network mode

4. I selectec "Auto"

5. I pushed on "Execute"

Miracle!!! the phone was working again!!!

I hope this may help you

Cheers

This problem caused by 2 reasons:

In this post I'll explain the first reason.

1/ Cal_data section in NVM area are corrupt!

It damaged because of wrong selection on flashing. MAYBE (I said: MAYBE) you pushed tab and/or space or something on keyboard when using Octans mini from Sorg's modification. Those options NOT actually gone, it's only been hide and may be actived by accident (like I said, couple of tab, space bar, etc..... If you want to understand, please try with orignial octans and try play the TAB+SPACE game ;) ) . AND, some version of Octans store the setting into windows's registry. If the setting on Registery "erase NVM is ON", and you use Sorg's Octans mini, you have NO WAY to turn it off (TAB+SPACE may help, but who many tab you need to press?).

PS: If you don't understand what I'm talking about, don't ask, and don't try to understand.

This can be solve by high level service center, they can rewrite NVM and calibrate network parameters. NOT ALL SAMSUNG SERVICE CENTER ABLE TO DO THAT, and THIS IS NOT ON WARRANTY!

Second reason: Tx ,Rx (network parameters) damaged.

It damaged because of 3rd party programs which illegally accessed to NVM area. You must know that, 3rd party programs is not designed and not all tested on i8000 . Each manufactor store NVM in different area (eg: 0x2000 , 0x4000, 0x2e00000, etc....), and the address is depends on firmware version (luckily, Samsung didn't do such stupid thing). And 3rd party programs DO NOT know which address NVM was stored. Basicly, NVM area is well protected, but who know what happen on Computing science?

PS: Agian, if you don't understand, skip it. It's quite clear (except my English, I guess ;) ). And YES, this trick will help SOME, NOT ALL (depend on how much the NVM area was damaged.)

AND, AGIAN, This is NOT ON WARRANTY COVERAGE.

Hello,

Maybe this may help some of you.

I wanted to deactivate the 3G in order to increase the batery life. I went in the settings and I changed the selection of band from "automatic" to "GSM 900/1800". From that moment I have not been able any more to get a signal, even with other SIM cards. Moreover I was not able any more to go into the settings in order to revert the configuration back to "Automatic".

I solved the problem in this way :

1. I dialed *#1546792*#

2. I selected "Network Call Setting"

3. I selected "Network mode

4. I selectec "Auto"

5. I pushed on "Execute"

Miracle!!! the phone was working again!!!

I hope this may help you

Cheers

This only help if you wrong selected network band. In your situation, your operator does not have 900/1800MHz band. I guess it has GSM 850/1900 or only WCDMA.

Highly recommend to try if you are on American (both North & South)

Guest sabbathbh
This problem caused by 2 reasons:

In this post I'll explain the first reason.

secany,

To which problem do you refer ?

1-The "Fail to save BandSelection" issue.

2- The No Network/Limited Network issue.

Thanks for your help.

secany,

To which problem do you refer ?

1-The "Fail to save BandSelection" issue.

2- The No Network/Limited Network issue.

Thanks for your help.

no network. Sorry, i didn't follow the whole thread ;)

Guest mottikeren
thats realy an aunnouning problem sorry to hear that

My phone is ready now in the service center and after 2 week of inspecting the problem samply they said ur motherborad need to be changed

;)

they changed the motherboard to solve the problem and i dont know if some setting can do ur phone comes alivee ;)

since this problem append to afew pepole her i think its some manufucture deficts and thats my conculusion i dont know realy why this happeed to anew phones than ;)

Hi Guys

I am strugling with the same problem on my new o2 , did any of u found a solution? (except from changing the mother board)

thanks Motti

Edited by mottikeren

Guest sabbathbh
no network. Sorry, i didn't follow the whole thread ;)

secany,

I got this "No Network/Limited Network" problem after changing Preconfiguration in *#1546792*#

I only used OCTANS after I had the problem.

I dit not install any software on I8000 before the Preconfiguration.

Do you know of any other reason that could cause this problem ? Maybe Preconfiguration ?

Leonardo

secany,

I got this "No Network/Limited Network" problem after changing Preconfiguration in *#1546792*#

I only used OCTANS after I had the problem.

I dit not install any software on I8000 before the Preconfiguration.

Do you know of any other reason that could cause this problem ? Maybe Preconfiguration ?

Leonardo

Then try the rest method.

Guest mottikeren

HI GUYS

any news , has somebody succeded to get back the sevice ???

b.t.w the GPS is not working also when I have "no service" which make it useless even as PDA , is that the same behavieur at your case?

Motti

p.s.

your new beautiful rom L5 SECANY does NOT solve the problem as expected

sorry for the mistake , I wish it was true

Edited by mottikeren

Guest modacian
HI GUYS

any news , has somebody succeded to get back the sevice ???

b.t.w the GPS is not also when I have "no service" which makw it useless even as PDA , is that the same behavieur at your case?

Motti

p.s.

your new beautiful rom L5 SECANY does solve the problem as expected

what do you mean? you mean upgrading to L5 does or doesn't solve the problem?

This is great news. I am going to try it tomorrow first thing in the morning... thank you...

Edit: oh well... thanks anyway...

Edited by modacian

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sabbathbh

Called the Brazilian Samsung Support yesterday about the No/Limited Network and found out that only phones purchased on the country have local warranty and I should contact the Support from the country I got the phone (got it on USA, manufactured on Korea).

The Support got me the local Service Center phone number and address on my city so today I went to the Samsung Custom Service Center, I was willing to pay for the repair but the Service Center said they only fix products manufactured on Brazil. The guy said Samsung only provides them with local parts and that phones manufactured abroad have different parts and software. I think this don't make sense, the products must be the same, I said it to him but got no solution.

Now I think buying Samsung product abroad was really a big mistake. I thought Samsung had world warranty and support like the big companys.

My previous smartphone was an HP iPAQ HW6965 also purchased abroad and when I needed repair I got it on warranty in Brazil.

Anyone has any news on the No/Limited Network issue ?

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone has any news on the No/Limited Network issue ?

I've been getting the same problem with a new Omnia II (I8000), WinMo 6.5. Thanks to sabbathbh for pointing me here. Please see my post at http://www.samsung-omnia.org/general-samsu...f;topicseen#new where I describe my new Omnia's symptoms. As long as I'm careful to only back up the Omnia manually and with the phone on, and to only install new software with the phone on, I seem to be okay. Do either with the phone off (or do a soft reset with the phone off) and the next time I try to turn the phone on I will always get the "no network" issue. Not really a solution, but I thought I should describe my Omnia's behaviour in case it's of help to anyone else. My Omnia came with WinMo 6.5 out of the box. I have not flashed the ROM myself. I have not installed much software either. I've added Kinoma Play, moTweets, Sprite Backup and Skype, as well as Microsoft MyPhone from the Marketplace.

One advantage of WinMo over an iPhone is supposed to be the ability to run multiple apps. I was able to run multiple apps on my Palm Treo Pro without a problem, but the Omnia just closes apps without warning. It's proving to be a frustrating device.