Update available

Guest ErnstJanF

Guest ErnstJanF

its .NL

http://www.samsungmobile.nl/support/softwa...areNpsUpdate.do

-- EDIT --

Well I get the same error as allways on NPS :D

-- Edit2 lol --

C:\Program Files\Samsung\Samsung New PC Studio\NPSWMBinaryUpgrade.exe did something, but crashed.

Please check this program for me as i'm running win7 :P

I get a DB error..

Edited by ErnstJanF

its .NL

-- Edit2 lol --

C:\Program Files\Samsung\Samsung New PC Studio\NPSWMBinaryUpgrade.exe did something, but crashed.

Please check this program for me as i'm running win7 :D

I get a DB error..

On Win XP I have the same error. "DB error on serwer"

Guest dagrim1

Are you talking about the pc studio software update or the actual win mobile 6.5 update? Still getting the 'phone not supported' message btw. Widnows7 64bit

Guest ErnstJanF
On Win XP I have the same error. "DB error on serwer"

Thanks for your support, so it's just Samsung that hasn't updated their database yet :D

Are you talking about the pc studio software update or the actual win mobile 6.5 update?

NPS = New pc studio.

You can find it on their website, but the update is somewhat hidden..

Please keep me updated so I can cook a nice rom! =)

----- EDIT -----

Check the 'downloads' section, there is another version that's from 16-okt.

Version H2.5.

Now recognised as B7610 (without the zero's =))

But still no update (Device not supported) can't get any more text, so it's another version i guess xD

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest Ariekanarie
Yay just saw the update, download from website! =) :D

I will receive a message from samsung, when the update is released. Until now I didn't received any e-mails form samsung, so I think it isn't there yet.

Guest ErnstJanF
I will receive a message from samsung, when the update is released. Until now I didn't received any e-mails form samsung, so I think it isn't there yet.

Yea but the funny part of this is:

The promotion for the update has ended (where you signed up for the mail)

The update is available on the website, along with the I8910 HD and the I8000 (and another one, don't know it's name :P)

I will try some stuff at a friend's XP computer to see how far I can get :D

Not far.

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest ErnstJanF
Dank u voor uw e-mail met betrekking tot uw Samsung GT-B7610.

Uit uw e/mail heb ik begrepen dat de Update niet beschikbaar staat op de

site, dit klopt er is een storing bekend waar aan gewerkt wordt. Wanneer

de storing precies verholpen is, is helaas nog niet bekend. Ik raadt U

aan even af te wachten of anders naar een van de bekende telefoondealers

te gaan om desoftware te laten updaten.

They have an error..

Morgen even langs de winkel dus :D

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest JeroenFransen
Im thinking the Topic Starter is just messing with us.

So: Pics or it didnt happen

Did you guys hear if anyone anywhere got their samsung omnia pro b7610 updated to 6.5 yet?

Slightly off topic, but are you following any other forums except Modaco.com and Tweakers.net (NL) for our phone?

Guest Martinspire

Im following a lot of boards to see if there are any updates. So far none, but ive also mailed samsung again and i will try to find out.

Im just thinking that an inside source would be more valuable

Guest ErnstJanF

Have been doing some research, and I could only find the update on the Dutch website.

See here for a real pic :D

http://www.samsungmobile.nl/support/softwa...reUpdateMain.do

Telefoonsoftware upgraden = Upgrade phone software (for the ones who didn't know .. lol)

Told ya it was real :P I e-mailed samsung and they told me there was an error.

If any dutch user can confirm this, please do it! ;)

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest JeroenFransen
Have been doing some research, and I could only find the update on the Dutch website.

See here for a real pic :D

http://www.samsungmobile.nl/support/softwa...reUpdateMain.do

Telefoonsoftware upgraden = Upgrade phone software (for the ones who didn't know .. lol)

Told ya it was real :P I e-mailed samsung and they told me there was an error.

If any dutch user can confirm this, please do it! ;)

Ok, but did you actually manage to update your mobile with the software downloaded from that link? I didn't.

I think most of us have been going there for a while already to see if a newer version came out.

Guest ErnstJanF
Ok, but did you actually manage to update your mobile with the software downloaded from that link? I didn't.

I think most of us have been going there for a while already to see if a newer version came out.

No, I didn't. I e-mailed Samsung and they told me about the update was online, but couldn't be downloaded due to a error.

Actually, i've been to the store where I bought my B7610, and they told me to come by thursday (tomorrow) to update my phone's software :D

So we'll see..

Guest JeroenFransen
No, I didn't. I e-mailed Samsung and they told me about the update was online, but couldn't be downloaded due to a error.

Actually, i've been to the store where I bought my B7610, and they told me to come by thursday (tomorrow) to update my phone's software :D

So we'll see..

Anyone any luck? I'm still getting the same error message from NPS 1.3.0 IJ1 in the Netherlands.

Guest da_mafkeez
Anyone any luck? I'm still getting the same error message from NPS 1.3.0 IJ1 in the Netherlands.

just checked their website in the netherlands. update will be available in november... badword... upgrade only available for the omnia II.

Guest JeroenFransen
just checked their website in the netherlands. update will be available in november... badword... upgrade only available for the omnia II.

Where did you see that on their site? I'm pretty sure they can't suddenly say there won't be a free upgrade to 6.5, that would be false publicity which would not only cost them reputation, but also a hefty fine in the Netherlands.

In fact, as they said it would be available by mid October, I would argue they're already in breach. Just sayin'

I did read on a Swiss forum Swiss mobile forum that somebody sent theirs back as customer service told him there wouldn't be an update in the foreseeable future.

Doesn't anyone have a contact at Samsung to see what the heck is going on?

Edited by JeroenFransen

Guest JeroenFransen

Just saw the news on the Dutch Samsung site. It's a dynamic page so hard to link back to but you can find it under the news section.

The same news item that used to say that 6.5 would be released mid October now talks about mid November.

As a kind of comfort they now have a new promotion offering the phone with a free 8GB SD card, for new clients only of course.

I don't know about you but I feel a little insulted by a cheap trick like that (changing a date in an existing news article). The total lack of communication is silly with a phone in this (high-end) segment.

I'm starting to feel like giving back the samsung omnia pro 7610 and getting myself an HTC Touch Pro 2 or holding out for an Android 2.0 device with QWERTY.

Guest Martinspire

Ive mailed the Samsung Support in the Netherlands and got a reply saying that it will be released 1 november.

Im not quite sure if that is going to be the date, since it is a sunday, but i think we can expect it next week.

And for your info: a lot of other brands havent released all the 6.5 updates too. My dad has a Touch Pro 2 and it hasnt got a Dutch language version yet. So i think it doesnt really matter much. English is now becoming available, but not for all phones.

Personally i think it has something to do with Microsoft thats holding stuff back. But i cannot be sure.

Anyways, next week we will have the new version so im not disappointed.

Guest da_mafkeez
I got my B7610 flashed at the official Samsung dealer =)

Screens will be available tomorrow :P

what?? ;) where is the official samsung dealer in the netherlands? :D did you ask why they are not releasing the rom in public?