Full OBEX bluetooth File Transfer is here

Guest Higgsy

Following a retweet from Paul, discovered that Cyanogen has integrated full bluetooth OBEX file transfer into his next ROM. For me this was one of the main things lacking from my Hero and missed being able to tooth a track or piccy to a mate.

Its only got to be a matter of time before this is integrated into the next MCR Room.

Higgsy waits in anticipation..... :D

Guest dwattsy21

"Wahoo!" I've been waiting for this for ages, now i can finally use my bluetooth pioneer car player properly, was nearly going to input all the names and contacts manually... which takes ages as all you have is a wheel to spin through the alphabet, and an enter button! Yea can't wait for this to be in the rom! Is there any app to download that it will work with for now?

"Wahoo!" I've been waiting for this for ages, now i can finally use my bluetooth pioneer car player properly, was nearly going to input all the names and contacts manually... which takes ages as all you have is a wheel to spin through the alphabet, and an enter button! Yea can't wait for this to be in the rom! Is there any app to download that it will work with for now?

No app I think its code or something thats integrated into the ROM. Not sure if this will resolve the issue with your car kit, from what I can see this is obex file transfer, not sure if that uses a different bluetooth profile - maybe someone else can shed some light on this

I had a similar problem on my alpine Bluetooth headset. Had all my contacts saved to phone, but changed them to Google contacts and now my stereo sees all my contacts and I can scroll thru them

Guest Hero-Fan

Oh my goodness, if we could really get bluetooth working it would be like getting a new phone (or like getting "Android 3.0").

I miss obex every day; send a little picture, some text, music or whatnot, which worked since approx. 2000 to every phone I owned...

Please please do it!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The_IMF

About bleeding time someone figured that one out. Can't believe we haven't had this basic feature since day 1! Wasn't it about 6 years ago that phones all had bluetooth file transfer as bog standard?? lol

Obviously we'll have to wait for Paul to integrate it in the MCR rom... :)

Wrong place to post we all got heros post in I7500 forum.

Quite right but as far as I figured out Hero and I7500 have the same prob. and no solution by 3rd party software, so I'm hoping that the solution will work for both.

Anyway will not spam on this post no more thx for pointing out.

BR

• 2 months later...
Guest sary_81

Çok doğru ama bildiğim kadarıyla Hero ve I7500 anladım aynı prob var. ve 3. parti yazılım tarafından çözüm, böylece her iki çözüm için çalışacağını umuyorum.

Zaten bu yazı daha fazla thx üzerinde işaret spam değildir.

BR

[/ quote]

why ?

your programs name?

do you have link?

my i7500 root and have a galaxohero rom.

what a make for bluetooth transfer in i7500?

english for excuse me :)

Guest stevenz

Any chance COM support is down the line so I can send SMS's from my computer via bluetooth? I find that pretty useful if I'm having a long "conversation" with someone. (unlimited text = cheaper than calling)

Guest kingkeld
Any chance COM support is down the line so I can send SMS's from my computer via bluetooth? I find that pretty useful if I'm having a long "conversation" with someone. (unlimited text = cheaper than calling)

You can (kind of) do that already using RemoteSMS. It connects through wifi, you log on through your browser and voila! :)

Guest stevenz
You can (kind of) do that already using RemoteSMS. It connects through wifi, you log on through your browser and voila! :)

Hey, that's quite cool. Seems to mostly work other than my Wifi is hopeless, looks like this will do the job nicely once I get that sorted, cheers!

Guest shenshang

i use the HTC Portal app, you can find it somewhere over at xda