• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Sonicr360

Sonicr360

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Thing is, the MS OS is very good for memory management, multitasking, Outlook etc, it might not have the best UI (though I really like the latest builds) but because of the way it's put together, HTC can add a UI they like and add to the features underneath.

This is probably where we will disagree - I have been using these devices for some time, and I have to confess that seeing Android (Hero) and iPhone, I just cannot help feeling short changed.
I am not just referring to the OS and UI of course, but these devices are pretty new to come onto the Market.

Microsoft just appear to have lost some ground. Also as a phone, the TYTN II for example, its not been very fluid in terms of presing a number... very hesitant at times, and its after countless reboots and clean hard resets.

Ho-Hum. All I hope is that MS do something soon and dont lag behind :D
Just my own view of course, but it has been an experience for me to have devices like Hero and iPhone at hand to use and at least compare.

But it really is each to their own. :P

l3v5y

l3v5y

Diehard

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Devices:HTC Prophet, Diamond, HD2
  • Twitter:@l3v5y

This is probably where we will disagree - I have been using these devices for some time, and I have to confess that seeing Android (Hero) and iPhone, I just cannot help feeling short changed.
I am not just referring to the OS and UI of course, but these devices are pretty new to come onto the Market.

Microsoft just appear to have lost some ground. Also as a phone, the TYTN II for example, its not been very fluid in terms of presing a number... very hesitant at times, and its after countless reboots and clean hard resets.

Ho-Hum. All I hope is that MS do something soon and dont lag behind :D
Just my own view of course, but it has been an experience for me to have devices like Hero and iPhone at hand to use and at least compare.

But it really is each to their own. :P

How old is your TyTN2 then? The issues with that were related not to the OS, but to HTC not handling the drivers correctly...

Posted Image
HTC Prophet - WM6.5.1 23081
HTC Touch Diamond - WM6.5.3 Light (28014)
HTC Leo - Getting repaired - WM6.5.3 (28014)

Cooking is easier with devices ;)

Twitter

Sonicr360

Sonicr360

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
I just came across this article, and it makes some very, very interesting reading from the CEO @ HTC, and I personally feel its worth a read...

http://news.alibaba....-microsoft.html

Came across this via another WM Site.

http://www.coolsmart...pic.php?t=14711

Like I said, I am not bias in anyway, but I just feel MS are pointing not just customers, but vendors in a different direction.
Time they got their act together me thinks....

Simon

Sonicr360

Sonicr360

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
Quote: How old is your TyTN2 then? The issues with that were related not to the OS, but to HTC not handling the drivers correctly...

I have owned it since it came out... .was it 2007? Sep or Oct time?
It is on WM 6.5.1 as well.

Hardly anything installed on this, just Tom Tom (rarely used) and the basic OS features and RDP add-on.
Simon

l3v5y

l3v5y

Diehard

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Devices:HTC Prophet, Diamond, HD2
  • Twitter:@l3v5y

Quote: How old is your TyTN2 then? The issues with that were related not to the OS, but to HTC not handling the drivers correctly...

I have owned it since it came out... .was it 2007? Sep or Oct time?
It is on WM 6.5.1 as well.

Hardly anything installed on this, just Tom Tom (rarely used) and the basic OS features and RDP add-on.
Simon

I see you comparing a two year old device to a device released this year, of course it's not going to go well for the TyTN2! Though it always had 3G, unlike the iPhone...

MS have got a lot of changes in the making with regards to WM, just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Posted Image
HTC Prophet - WM6.5.1 23081
HTC Touch Diamond - WM6.5.3 Light (28014)
HTC Leo - Getting repaired - WM6.5.3 (28014)

Cooking is easier with devices ;)

Twitter

Sonicr360

Sonicr360

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

I see you comparing a two year old device to a device released this year, of course it's not going to go well for the TyTN2! Though it always had 3G, unlike the iPhone...

MS have got a lot of changes in the making with regards to WM, just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Disagree - Not comparing a 2 year device..... I am comparing ALL devices from Windows CE to present. TYTN II does what I need it to do, but I am not looking to replace another WM device yet, until I am convinced MS are going in a good positive direction.
As you said, sit back & enjoy the ride .... But I may end up getting off at the Google or iPhone store :D

But as the HTC CEO has commented....
Technically, we could make the HD2 an Android phone, but I have to take care of Windows Mobile. We're working hard on these kinds of products to get excitement about Windows Mobile back

theroadwarrior

theroadwarrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch HD

Crikey - an Athena in a trouser pocket. Obviously not the kinda of trousers I wear!

Back in the day I used to carry compaq 3600 and later 5400 series Ipaq's around in my pockets- now that DID require some baggy jeans!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users