45 replies to this topic

Ilkin Jamalli

Ilkin Jamalli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Not sure if anyone has seen this:

http://androidforums...-orange-uk.html

I'm not brave enough to try it (well its not my phone). Seems to work for the most part

Hehe looks like my post.
I bought Tattoo of ebay and was pissed of knowing it is locked to Orange.
Guys it is working BUT still remains locked to Orange as radio not flashed by ROMing. We need rooted ROM to properly re-flash it.
:D

EddersC

EddersC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:HTC Tattoo
Please sign the below petition to Orange's CEO:

Google apps for Orange branded HTC phones Petition

Thanks!

peteriron

peteriron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Tattoo (Click)
Hi,

I don't know if it is allowed to talk about unlocking the phone. I have bought a HTC Tattoo (Click) Orange UK from Ebay. Thinking it would be do-able to unlock, I find myself 4 days afterwards at the end of possibilities.
I bought a unlock code at HTCCode.com as advertised in this forum but with little succes. The phone is rooted and installed with the R2 Custom Modaco rom.
After boot, I enter the sim code, afterwards the sim unlock code, it boots to the main dashboard but I never get access to my network provider. When I reboot, the whole procedure repeats itself ...

Thanks to anybody who can assist.

PS. Getting to this point was also quite an experience. For anyone who might be interested. I'm willing to write that down.

Ilkin Jamalli

Ilkin Jamalli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Hi,

I don't know if it is allowed to talk about unlocking the phone. I have bought a HTC Tattoo (Click) Orange UK from Ebay. Thinking it would be do-able to unlock, I find myself 4 days afterwards at the end of possibilities.
I bought a unlock code at HTCCode.com as advertised in this forum but with little succes. The phone is rooted and installed with the R2 Custom Modaco rom.
After boot, I enter the sim code, afterwards the sim unlock code, it boots to the main dashboard but I never get access to my network provider. When I reboot, the whole procedure repeats itself ...

Thanks to anybody who can assist.

PS. Getting to this point was also quite an experience. For anyone who might be interested. I'm willing to write that down.

I have passed exatcly same step begining from ebay and requesting refund for not working code from htccode.com. Your next step would be is to buy an unlock code from Orange after being with Orange for three month but do not bother as they will sell you exactly the same code as HTCCODE.com then it will take several month to get refund back. Orange says that they have escalated it to HTC itself.

Use iSmartSim and relax until a wise guy will figure out how to hack radio module of tattoo.

Jekkaman

Jekkaman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Tattoo
Can any one with Orange Tattoo download this rom and post it here?

http://www.htc.com/u....48&news_id=653

Yequan

Yequan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I understand why orange may not want to be forced to the standard Gmail application package ... but I do not understand who the advantages, it will be blocked from Google to download it ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users