SOFT RESET BUTTON: PAY ATTENTION!!!

Guest tacchan23

Guest abunhyan
PAY ATTENTION!

The diagram in the Manual points to a location for soft reset and instruct the user to use a toothpick to press that small slot. But the phone does not reset if you do that. Because that is the antenna slot and the phone can get damaged if someone follow the instruction in the manual..( Page 24 ).

The Reset button is the small golden hole between the SIM card and the MicroSD card.

I added this to my FAQ thread long ago but I guess it wasn't enough and still many people ended up damaging their phones... so maybe this new thread could help some new users at least!

i never did that but still got no network signal in my Omnia 2 than i guess the problem from some thing else :D

That reset button is a pain to use any way. I have been powering off/on to reset the phone but yesterday I installed Slide2Shutdown from XDA developers and mapped it to the cube button, very handy. :D

EDIT: Slide to turn off works, but the device can only be switched back on by pressing the dreaded reset button inside the casing, so I would recommend not using that feature, everything else , slide to sleep and slide to restart work great, I guess it is a bug due to the app being developed for HTC devices.

Edited by Uboy

Guest tacchan23

The problem about 3rd party programs (also many UI have reset options) is that you can't use them when your phone is frozen (also can't turn off pressing hung button)

Myself I'm just taking off the battery lately when in need of reset^^

Guest forelli
PAY ATTENTION!

The diagram in the Manual points to a location for soft reset and instruct the user to use a toothpick to press that small slot. But the phone does not reset if you do that. Because that is the antenna slot and the phone can get damaged if someone follow the instruction in the manual..( Page 24 ).

The Reset button is the small golden hole between the SIM card and the MicroSD card.

I added this to my FAQ thread long ago but I guess it wasn't enough and still many people ended up damaging their phones... so maybe this new thread could help some new users at least!

Picture (by monyozt) of the CORRECT Soft Reset button

Thanks my friend, but for me it's too late: I'm hanging around with a Blackberry Bold :P , waiting for my Omnia 2 to come back from repair, most likely on tuesday or wednesday :D : 2 damn weeks without my phone!

Samsung, what's wrong with you guys? Don't you check your manuals before printing??? WTF?

If it was not enough, I still haven't a 6.5.1 rom to flash the Omnia 2 with, what a pain! Thinking more and more of a HD2, I heard of a stylus working on a capacitive screen, created by... HTC. This is great news!

• 3 months later...
Guest sabre23t
PAY ATTENTION!

I recently got my Omnia 2. The included paper GT-I8000 User Manual (English EU, 11/2009, Rev 1.3) has the correct diagram on page 24 for the reset button between the SIM card and the MicroSD slots. Just FYI.

PDF available from ...

Samsung download page for GT-I8000 User Manual (ver 1.3)

• 1 month later...
Guest Zubin
Hey even i have done the same mistake guys so wat shall i do now ?? Do i have to give it to Samsung Service Center ??

guys the thing is that i have taken a phone from Singapore and I am in INDIA now .. So it is an International Warranty or it covers a National Warranty onli ??

• 7 months later...
This antenna connector in question, does anyone know for sure what it is for? Is it for the Cell phone radio? Wifi? GPS?

I have the same question.

Is anyoane who knows what that connector is for???

Antenna for GSM/ WCDMA it's hidden for our eyes, but I guess that connector

is linked with the microstrip phone antenna (for a better gain).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bobhero
I have the same question.

Is anyoane who knows what that connector is for???

Antenna for GSM/ WCDMA it's hidden for our eyes, but I guess that connector

is linked with the microstrip phone antenna (for a better gain).

I think it is for cell phone signal i920 pictured here:

PICT1765.JPG

Product:

http://www.wpsantennas.com/359919-antenna-...i-sch-i920.aspx

and here is a much cheaper version with free shipping which I think will also work:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26405

sku_26405_3.jpg

If anyone tries these please post your results!

Edited by bobhero