easy qeustions - GPS

Guest popwarfour

Guest popwarfour

Hey, I have Google Maps but it never locks onto any satilites? It always says within 200m usually. Also there is no "External GPS" or whatever menu in my settings

I have the omnia i910. Rom version - S:i910.10 V..CF03.20961 and modem version - S:i910.10 V.CC26

GPS Location on = YES

Shed any light on the topic anyone?

Guest popsinger
Hey, I have Google Maps but it never locks onto any satilites? It always says within 200m usually. Also there is no "External GPS" or whatever menu in my settings

I have the omnia i910. Rom version - S:i910.10 V..CF03.20961 and modem version - S:i910.10 V.CC26

GPS Location on = YES

Shed any light on the topic anyone?

go to menu, then options, then gps settings, then click set manually and com8 then 57,600 then go back up and click use gps under menu. some use 4800 speed but this setting works for me. also there external gps is not necessary. gps is internal anyway.

Guest WoZZeR999

Stand outside and leave the phone completely (set it on the ground, don't hold it) still for 5-10 minutes for first lock. After that, locks should come quickly.

Guest popwarfour
go to menu, then options, then gps settings, then click set manually and com8 then 57,600 then go back up and click use gps under menu. some use 4800 speed but this setting works for me. also there external gps is not necessary. gps is internal anyway.

Hey, thanks a real lot man. It seems to work now It just takes a few minutes, i also got smartphonetracker working as well, Anyone using this?! Is there anyone reason why is has to be on Com8? I tried messing around with the other numbers ex. 57,6000 and they all seem to work. So I'll just stick with the biggest number :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Repairman2003

Do any of these programs that download satelite info help get a quicker lock? Like the HTC QuickGPS. (I can't link it here but do a search for omnia quickgps in your favorite search engine and it was off of omnia hub)

And when you guys say the locks after the 1st lock are quick, how quick are we talking?

Edited by Repairman2003

Guest lioryte
Do any of these programs that download satelite info help get a quicker lock? Like the HTC QuickGPS. (Sorry for the broken up url here, it wouldn't let me insert it because it thinks it's a warez site) http:// www . Please read the site rules no links or requests for warez . com / quickgps-for-omnia

And when you guys say the locks after the 1st lock are quick, how quick are we talking?

Nope, nothing seems to make it quicker. We've tried QuickGPS and all of it's family but no one seems to be doin' any good.

After the initial lock, getting a lock is usually between 1-5 min, it depends. The more you use it the better, faster it seems to be getting

Guest br91655

In my car I've noticed that I get a much faster lock with the power cord plugged into the phone. My theory is that the car acts as a giant antenna. I don't know if this is true or not.

• 7 months later...
Guest popwarfour

my trick now is to have BAF GPS toggle (top bar), and when ever i need GPS i flip her on ahead of time (ussualy always on) and within a minute it'll lock on a signal and unlike GPStoday it keeps locked on. Once BAF has a solid connection everything else can connect within half a second because the phone already has triangulation. As you can see my home screen is very GPS oriented :lol: and my maps tab just to the right. I found this to be the best way to use GPS on i910. (With windows managed by the way dont mess with COM ports or any of that)

kevsters wm 6.5 ROM with flotanuim

post-605283-1278174772_thumb.jpg

Edited by popwarfour