• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

megalon

megalon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Samunsun i8000
Since my update to 6.5 the internal GPS of the Omnia II works directly with TomTom. So there is no need anymore for programms like GPSproxy or PortSplitter.

Yury_A

Yury_A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:Omnia2

Since my update to 6.5 the internal GPS of the Omnia II works directly with TomTom. So there is no need anymore for programms like GPSproxy or PortSplitter.

Hmm...just yestarday I had this problem. I couldn't get TomTom to work without GPSProxy. Actually it's even more intresting...at first TT weren't working without GPSProxy, so I configured it to use GPSProxy's port. It worked. Then I had closed GPSProxy and re-configured TT to use the direct GPS port, it had worked this time also.

But if I soft-reset my phone it's the same story again.

megalon

megalon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hmm...just yestarday I had this problem. I couldn't get TomTom to work without GPSProxy. Actually it's even more intresting...at first TT weren't working without GPSProxy, so I configured it to use GPSProxy's port. It worked. Then I had closed GPSProxy and re-configured TT to use the direct GPS port, it had worked this time also.

But if I soft-reset my phone it's the same story again.

Just tried a soft-reset and my TT is still working. After my update to 6.5 I did not istall GPSproxy so I never used it in 6.5.
Just set GPS in TT to 'other NMEA', used the default port (7) and baud 4800. Still driving around with the pretty Dutch woman voice of Eva.

TheBishop

TheBishop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i8000

Just tried a soft-reset and my TT is still working. After my update to 6.5 I did not istall GPSproxy so I never used it in 6.5.
Just set GPS in TT to 'other NMEA', used the default port (7) and baud 4800. Still driving around with the pretty Dutch woman voice of Eva.

What 6.5 ROM are you running? What version of TOMTOM are you running. I've only ever got this working with GPSGate or GPSproxy so I'd be interested to see what the difference is with your setup.

megalon

megalon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Rom-version: PDA: I8000NXXIIB / CSC: I8000XENIIB (Dutch rom).
My TomTom-version is 7.916.9189. My GPS-settings in WM are the defaults (programm port: 7 and hardware port: 9). I do not use XTRA-server. In TomTom I use 'Andere NMEA GPS-ontvanger' (other NMEA-GPS-receiver), port 7 and baud 4800.
After the update to 6.5 I did not restore a backup so I have a clean version of 6.5, no traces of GPSproxy are left. There are no other programms running in the background when I navigate with TomTom.
Hopes this helps!

AndyHamp

AndyHamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II

Rom-version: PDA: I8000NXXIIB / CSC: I8000XENIIB (Dutch rom).
My TomTom-version is 7.916.9189. My GPS-settings in WM are the defaults (programm port: 7 and hardware port: 9). I do not use XTRA-server. In TomTom I use 'Andere NMEA GPS-ontvanger' (other NMEA-GPS-receiver), port 7 and baud 4800.
After the update to 6.5 I did not restore a backup so I have a clean version of 6.5, no traces of GPSproxy are left. There are no other programms running in the background when I navigate with TomTom.
Hopes this helps!

where did that version come from ?

I have 7.915.9196 .... which is odd as i thought the last number was a build number ... which makes mine newer !

Andy

megalon

megalon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

where did that version come from ?

I have 7.915.9196 .... which is odd as i thought the last number was a build number ... which makes mine newer !

Andy

Don't know, just 'found' it; seems to come from the new HTC Pro 2 rom and it definitely says 7.916.

AndyHamp

AndyHamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II

Don't know, just 'found' it; seems to come from the new HTC Pro 2 rom and it definitely says 7.916.

I've managed to "find" it now ... will give it a shot to see if it helps ... thanks ...

megalon

megalon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
So maybe it is just the version of TomTom that makes it independend from tools like GPSproxy.
Is there anybody out there who still has 6.1 on his Omnia II and able to install this new version of TomTom? If it is working than it has nothing to do with the upgrade to 6.5.
I have run this version of TomTom before on WM61 but I automaticly installed and used GPSproxy, never tried it without.

firefly2k3

firefly2k3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:I8000 - Omnia II, HTC HD2
Hi All,

Are the map files same for PDA and PNA? I mean, does it depend on the resolution/screen size of the device?
I have the TomTom One PNA. Can I use the maps for that on my Omnia II?

Edited by firefly2k3, 06 November 2009 - 12:16 AM.

Yury_A

Yury_A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:Omnia2

Hi All,

Are the map files same for PDA and PNA? I mean, does it depend on the resolution/screen size of the device?
I have the TomTom One PNA. Can I use the maps for that on my Omnia II?

Mine is 916.9189 on J9 ROM. No matter what I do TT sees satellites via GPSproxy only . :D

TheBishop

TheBishop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Mines the same. Tried a clean install without anything else running and it won't find any satellites. I'm running Secany's J9 ROM. Same TOMTOM version (916) and I see nothing. It's not a 'special' Dutch ROM is it? We'll just have to wait until TOMTOM include i8000 compatability (they list the Omnia i900 so it should be coming our way soon).

megalon

megalon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Mines the same. Tried a clean install without anything else running and it won't find any satellites. I'm running Secany's J9 ROM. Same TOMTOM version (916) and I see nothing. It's not a 'special' Dutch ROM is it? We'll just have to wait until TOMTOM include i8000 compatability (they list the Omnia i900 so it should be coming our way soon).

No, it is not a special ROM-version. It is the ROM-version I installed with the update-tool 'Samsung New PC Studio'.
I will try to make printscreens to prove it works.

Pepeto

Pepeto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Nokia 6680

No, it is not a special ROM-version. It is the ROM-version I installed with the update-tool 'Samsung New PC Studio'.

Have you been using it a long time? (more than 30 minutes), and does it work fine?

megalon

megalon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Have you been using it a long time? (more than 30 minutes), and does it work fine?

No, only short trips till now. Tonight I will try it on a longer journey. You think it will stop after a while?

TheBishop

TheBishop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Sorry... didn't mean anything you'd done. Just that TomTom's a Dutch company. It was just a jokey comment (obviously a crap jokey comment).

megalon

megalon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
As promised, some screen captures of a proxy-less TomTom

The first picture is a capture of my system-screen
The second is a capture of the GPS-status in TomTom (a little anonymised)
The third, a picture (couldn't make a capture of it) of all the programms I have installed. As you see, no GPSproxy, PortSplitter or whatever. Strangly enough, I also have 'Sygic Mobile Map 2009' but it does not show on this list.

Attached File  Systeem.gif   44.07KB   85 downloads Attached File  Ontvangst.gif   35.94KB   71 downloads Attached File  Installs.gif   81.71KB   149 downloads

swiftgs

swiftgs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:HTC diamond, ONMNIA 2 I8000
  • Twitter:@none

As promised, some screen captures of a proxy-less TomTom

The first picture is a capture of my system-screen
The second is a capture of the GPS-status in TomTom (a little anonymised)
The third, a picture (couldn't make a capture of it) of all the programms I have installed. As you see, no GPSproxy, PortSplitter or whatever. Strangly enough, I also have 'Sygic Mobile Map 2009' but it does not show on this list.

Attached File  Systeem.gif   44.07KB   85 downloads Attached File  Ontvangst.gif   35.94KB   71 downloads Attached File  Installs.gif   81.71KB   149 downloads

Unbelievable, I don't understand s*** of this. You've actually got the same PDA, CSC and other information as me (also dutch ROM), exactly the same version of TomTom but still it wont work on my phone. Another really strange thing i noticed is that you've got lots of numbers behind you're bluetooth and wifi versions. Eg. 2.0.32.0.32 etc. Mines only listed as 2.0.3

Anyhow, I think I will use GPS proxy and dont have the luck you got :D :) :D !

hard resetting just for trying is not an option right now!

for WM6.5 WM6.1 freeware, software and more check: www.htcdriver.com

c_arivazhagan

c_arivazhagan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:null

Unbelievable, I don't understand s*** of this. You've actually got the same PDA, CSC and other information as me (also dutch ROM), exactly the same version of TomTom but still it wont work on my phone. Another really strange thing i noticed is that you've got lots of numbers behind you're bluetooth and wifi versions. Eg. 2.0.32.0.32 etc. Mines only listed as 2.0.3

Anyhow, I think I will use GPS proxy and dont have the luck you got :D :) :D !

hard resetting just for trying is not an option right now!

Guys, Need your help in Installing GPS Proxy.

I tried several times and couldn't succeed.

Tried one from Sourceforge.net and another one 2.2C.

Would appreciate if someone could list few steps to make successful Installation of GPS Proxy in I8000 with WM6.5

Thanks in Advance.
Ari

Samsung i8000

megalon

megalon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
On a Dutch forum other people with the same ROM-version report that TomTom works whitout proxy. We all used the update-tool 'Samsung New PC Studio' for updating to 6.5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users