• 7 posts
  • Devices:i8000
Hey,

Sorry for the newbie question but I am kind of stuck

I got my phone through Optus Australia

I went to update it to 6.5 using the following guide:
http://www.modaco.co...q/#entry1092927

OCTANS Mini + IJ9 MST + IJ8 CSC

The first time I tried it, I only attempted to do the MST file. Once it got out of Download Mode, it never got into the Language Setup. I kept trying to turn the phone on but it wouldnt. Removed battery, put battery back in, refused to boot.

Tried it a second time using both the MST + CSC file. I selected the XEU option for UK English, since I couldn't see anything Australian from the following list
http://www.modaco.co...3/csc-decoding/

It got further than the first time, then after 10mins of the Language Setup screen, OCTANS reported it was successful but my device had not changed. I waited another 20mins and it was still on the same screen. I replaced the battery, turned it back on, back to the Language Setup screen. Still nothing happened for 10mins+

I tried a third time with another random CSC file with UK English. Same problem.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to upgrade the eboot + phone too?

Thanks

Edited by taeren, 05 November 2009 - 01:50 PM.

taeren

taeren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Okay... I was under the impression I could do a hard reset if the CSC + MST failed?

Referring to this
http://www.modaco.co...i/#entry1050372

Apparently I need to press Keylock + Volume Up + Dial + Power Button/Hang Up and it will do a hard restart?

Instead I just get the Language Setup screen again... wtf?!

bigFlow

bigFlow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT-I8000 Omnia II
Thats normal ;-) After a hard reset you have to start configuring your device completely again, and, well the configuring stuff starts with the language setup. When you do a hard reset, the system, Windows Mobile, is installed completely new, like on a desktop pc, just without the CD, cause its on the deviceinternal memory. So thats all right, you have to configure it like you just upgraded it.

taeren

taeren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

<br />Thats normal ;-) After a hard reset you have to start configuring your device completely again, and, well the configuring stuff starts with the language setup. When you do a hard reset, the system, Windows Mobile, is installed completely new, like on a desktop pc, just without the CD, cause its on the deviceinternal memory. So thats all right, you have to configure it like you just upgraded it.<br />

Sorry, I wasn't explicit enough. It doesn't actually do a hard reset is the problem.

I press the hard reset buttons, the phone turns on, language setup comes up and please wait 10mins. I wait 20mins, and it still hasnt moved from the wait 10mins screen.

I have not seen a "Are you sure you want to format?" type screen yet. It seems no matter what I do, it is always shows the language setup screen and stalls there

Edited by taeren, 05 November 2009 - 10:18 PM.

taeren

taeren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Sorry, I wasn't explicit enough. It doesn't actually do a hard reset is the problem.

I press the hard reset buttons, the phone turns on, language setup comes up and please wait 10mins. I wait 20mins, and it still hasnt moved from the wait 10mins screen.

I have not seen a "Are you sure you want to format?" type screen yet. It seems no matter what I do, it is always shows the language setup screen and stalls there

Tried for the last 30mins as much as I could to do variations on the hard reset and still no luck. Holding the buttons, slide the battery in, language setup stall.

Is the phone bricked?

taeren

taeren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Tried it again using the "i8000nxxij1_hw_40" for MST + CSC

Stalls again on the Language Setup screen

Edit>
WOOO, resolved

Turn off the preserve my storage content and it stopped stalling.

When it was successful, there was actually some sort of progress bar running down the bottom. I didn't get this earlier, so it was definitely stalling / crashing.

Edited by taeren, 06 November 2009 - 11:50 PM.

bigFlow

bigFlow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT-I8000 Omnia II
Kinda strange^^ But grats it works again ;-)

mtn

mtn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Edit>
WOOO, resolved

When it was successful, there was actually some sort of progress bar running down the bottom. I didn't get this earlier, so it was definitely stalling / crashing.

Thanks for sharing, same happened to me. A white screen showed up and configured the device for english. i assume it is not a usual procedure for flashing but i hope it fixes.

>>Edit<<

it works again...

Edited by mtn, 25 December 2009 - 09:41 PM.

@reims

@reims

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:I8000

Edit>
WOOO, resolved

Whoops!! what a near miss, gotta my heartbeat increase rapidly. Thanks for share your experience. It just happened to me, I flash with JE3 MST and try to preserve the device content but it resulted the phone stuck on the language setup. Back to normal after re-flash and un-check the preserve device content option. Again, thank you for sharing.

0FiEND0

0FiEND0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:K850i
+1 for the fix same issue with JE3 ( GT-I8000_I8000NXXJE2_I8000XCSJE3_I8000XXJD1_I8000XCSJE3_XX_XCS )

thomasando

thomasando

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II

+1 for the fix same issue with JE3 ( GT-I8000_I8000NXXJE2_I8000XCSJE3_I8000XXJD1_I8000XCSJE3_XX_XCS )

Same issue here too, Telstra phone though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users