Photo

26/Jan 2.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Sprint CDMA Hero (now with online kitchen)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

jmanley

jmanley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Sprint Hero

How unusual, I just tested and all the commands you mentioned there worked for me (running 1.1 of MoDaCo's ROM on my sprint hero).

Over at XDA, I noticed Apps2SD on this ROM is...not consistent. It appears to be working for some and not others. I haven't decided to take the plunge yet since I'm not terribly low on space. :)

Sorry... I rebooted after the initial boot/setup and all the ## codes work fine. Also, OTA PRL update works fine...

Plus... DroidExplorer works pretty OK (only tried it on Win7 x64 and it's a bit buggy... have to try it on my Win7 x86) with this ROM...!!!!! AWESOME JOB!!!

sbddude

sbddude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero CDMA
I can't get past copying the ROM to my SD card. Am I supposed to copy the zip file or its contents?

When I press HOME + Power I get a Triangle with a "!" inside it. I pulled the battery to reboot back to normal Sprint stock.

I am using a 16GB MicroSD. Does that make a difference?

Help please!

jmanley

jmanley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Sprint Hero

I can't get past copying the ROM to my SD card. Am I supposed to copy the zip file or its contents?

When I press HOME + Power I get a Triangle with a "!" inside it. I pulled the battery to reboot back to normal Sprint stock.

I am using a 16GB MicroSD. Does that make a difference?

Help please!

Home + End doesn't get you to the recovery mode with the Sprint Hero. You have to hold down the Volume-Down button and END until you get a white screen (hold them both down, don't just press End). Then, you press Home to go to the recovery. ****BUT FIRST***** make sure you've got Amon-Ra's recovery flash on your phone, or you will get the triangle with ! in it.

jjjjayd13

jjjjayd13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
How do we use 'Enhanced' version on Sprint Hero?

I tried to install using update.zip method, but no success.

I did have success using that method with 'Core'.

TIA

jjjjayd13 :)

magicalan

magicalan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i cant install the clearlock screen theme over at XDA its CDMA :) i have tried everything

TheCodeMonk

TheCodeMonk

da nub nub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

How do we use 'Enhanced' version on Sprint Hero?

I tried to install using update.zip method, but no success.

I did have success using that method with 'Core'.

TIA

jjjjayd13 :D

First you install core...then you go and repeat with the enhanced pack...(do it the same way you did the core). It just adds onto the existing stuff. :)

jjjjayd13

jjjjayd13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

First you install core...then you go and repeat with the enhanced pack...(do it the same way you did the core). It just adds onto the existing stuff. :)

Thanks much!

jjjjayd13, :D

Duj0n

Duj0n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi i'm new here and I did my extensive reading and successfully did the root and everything. now where i'm lost is at this ROM. I downloaded the core its still in zip form. how do i go about flashing that part to the Hero? Do i copy to the card then rename it update.zip?

heres what I did, download>drag and drop>rename: "update.zip"> turn phone off and boot into recovery >Apply Sdcard: update.zip.

I get Installation aborted because no such file or directory.

any help appreciated. thx

figured it out guys.**** it was renamed to update.zip which i think i shoulve just put update (because its already .zip extention)

anyways great work here!

Edited by Duj0n, 11 November 2009 - 11:39 AM.

sbddude

sbddude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero CDMA

****BUT FIRST***** make sure you've got Amon-Ra's recovery flash on your phone, or you will get the triangle with ! in it.

Can you explain this? I didn't see any mention of this in the first post.

esoteric1311

esoteric1311

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero (Sprint)

Hi there,

First off, thanks for all the hard work...Gone through the entire process and all is working perfectly.

My question is whether apps 2 sd is actually working?

I've put completely bare ROMs on my hero (reverted back to stock ROM, wiped it, wiped & partitioned the sdcard to fat32, ext2 & swap, then flashed with 1.1). I then go to install an app and it doesn't show up on the SD card and my internal memory decreases (indicating that its not on the SD card?)

Don't think I've missed any relevant details, but Im keen to get this working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

+1

I can't seem to figure out if my apps are on my sd. Thanks

nordah

nordah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC HERO (Sprint)
double posted on accident. attempting to remove. please see below!

Edited by nordah, 12 November 2009 - 09:33 PM.

nordah

nordah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC HERO (Sprint)
Hi!

Having trouble installing the modaco rom.

I am an osx 10.6.1 user with a Sprint HTC Hero.

I rooted the Hero with the instructions from [http://theunlockr.co...rint-verizon/].

I installed the recovery image and made a Nandroid backup.

The problem is, whenever I try to "Apply sdcard:update.zip", I get the error message "E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip(bad)".

I thought maybe the modaco rom had gotten corrupted during transfer so I tried transferring it by mounting the sdcard, and renaming and dragging using the finder, as well as "adb push"ing the zip to the sdcard.

Have I missed a step? Thanks!!

Edited by nordah, 12 November 2009 - 09:33 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Wavescure add on pack updated to 3.0.0.34, which fixed battery drain / partial wake issues, as well as adding CDMA support!

Changelog: http://feedback.wave...roid-change-log
P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Nak131

Nak131

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Sprint HTC Hero
Keep getting lots of force closes after installing custom ROM
i tried restoring my phone via the nandroid backup and installing the ROM again, but no change
looked in "about phone" under settings and it said "REBOOT REQUIRED" next to the build number... rebooted and no change...
anyone else having this issue?

TheCodeMonk

TheCodeMonk

da nub nub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Hi!

Having trouble installing the modaco rom.

I am an osx 10.6.1 user with a Sprint HTC Hero.

I rooted the Hero with the instructions from [http://theunlockr.co...rint-verizon/].

I installed the recovery image and made a Nandroid backup.

The problem is, whenever I try to "Apply sdcard:update.zip", I get the error message "E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip(bad)".

I thought maybe the modaco rom had gotten corrupted during transfer so I tried transferring it by mounting the sdcard, and renaming and dragging using the finder, as well as "adb push"ing the zip to the sdcard.

Have I missed a step? Thanks!!

Have you tried redownloading it from the internet? It may have actually been corrupted from there rather than from the transfer between computer and phone.

oklydohkly

oklydohkly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Keep getting lots of force closes after installing custom ROM
i tried restoring my phone via the nandroid backup and installing the ROM again, but no change
looked in "about phone" under settings and it said "REBOOT REQUIRED" next to the build number... rebooted and no change...
anyone else having this issue?

Yeah I am seeing issues like that on my Sprint HTC Hero. Most of them are non-essential apps but I just ran into one with Calendar. If you click on an address inside an event in your calendar, Google Maps will not run properly and you are forced to shut Google Maps down. But if I execute Google Maps by itself it works.

thacounty

thacounty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro
Facebook is broken in people app! I love this rom, please fix haha!

xdarkfluxx

xdarkfluxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
When i try to install the core rom i get the error
E: No digest for boot.img
E: Verification failed

Installation aborted.

Just making sure all you are supposed to do is rename the core rom zip to update.zip and place it in the root of my sd card?

Edit:
figured it out.
rename the core rom to 'update' not 'update.zip'.

Edited by xdarkfluxx, 17 November 2009 - 02:22 AM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
If someone can either dump the OTA update (best option) or provide me a system nandroid after the update (if the above isn't possible), i'll update MCR.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Rokair

Rokair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

If someone can either dump the OTA update (best option) or provide me a system nandroid after the update (if the above isn't possible), i'll update MCR.

P

I certainly could do the second (but it sounds like we would both prefer the first option)... However, for the first option I would need some assistance/information. How, would I go about doing that? And, in either case where would I upload the file(s) once captured?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users