I dont have a good experience with them. My Touch Pro 2 stopped working 2 or 3 months ago, and I rang HTC, and the following happened:
1. They arranged a time for a courier to collect the phone.
2. The courier failed to turn up
3. They re-arranged another time
4. They picked up the phone, and emailed me saying it would take 2 weeks to repair
5. After 2 weeks I phoned them and they told me the phone had water damage (because of a sticker on the outside that had gone slightly red), and they wouldnt repair it. They also complained about having HardSPL on it (but with the offical OS rom)
6. I told them there was no way it was water damaged, and it was none of their business what software i flashed on it.
7. They said they would look into it and get back to me.
8. I chased it a week or 2 later, and they said they wouldnt change their mind
9. I wrote them a letter threatening small claims court, and waited weeks and weeks
10. They contacted me and said in fact they would repair the phone, and that it /wasnt/ water damage that caused the problem, and promised a delivery a few weeks ago
11. The delivery didnt happen
12. I chased again, and again, and they kept promising it would arrive soon
13. It came back. Unrepaired, with a letter saying they wouldnt repair it
14. contacted HTC again, they agreed it was a cock up, and would send a courier to pick it up again today.
15. Courier arrived, and it went back to HTC today (13/11/09).
16. Waiting again...
Their service is awful. It should have been a simple pick up and repair job, but it took 15 actions (so far) to get anything to happen. To be fair to them, they are polite, and apologetic about it (unlike Vodafone who are a**holes).
Also, a mate at work sent off a Touch HD and had a similar experience (returned unrepaired, then returned repaired but with a scratched up screen, then finally returned fixed).
They really need to pull their socks up if they are gonna compete with Apple and Android and Nokia Maemo... this will be the last year that HTC have the best phones in terms of specs - the Milestone looks kinda nice, as does the n900