• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

jawso

jawso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i8000

try first to connect via WiFi or USB sync to internet, then update XTRA first and try iGO (dont disconnect from internet)...

also try this
http://www.modaco.co...0-wm6-5-gpsfix/

p.s.
try to be near window to get better signal

Wicked, thks Dado, I had a brief hope that the .dll fix was something that would work (I've tried nearly everything in the forums I could find), but it didn't pan out. I know that USB and WiFi work ok as I've used it to surf several times. I have my aGPS pointed to xtra1.gpsonextra.net:7275 (with the aGPS setting of 'tethered data' instead of using Bell for data) since I know the default bell website address won't work yet. I'm curious if anybody else has ever tried getting the GPS receiver working before 'activating' the phone on their network (as I mentioned earlier, this one is network/provider locked to Bell, though I haven't called them to start any service with them yet).

My phone is near to my actual GPS I've used up until now and the GPS standalone has got 6 satellites, while the i8000 has none. *scratchhead*

Edited by jawso, 06 April 2010 - 01:21 AM.

jawso

jawso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Wicked, thks Dado, I had a brief hope that the .dll fix was something that would work (I've tried nearly everything in the forums I could find), but it didn't pan out. I know that USB and WiFi work ok as I've used it to surf several times. I have my aGPS pointed to xtra1.gpsonextra.net:7275 (with the aGPS setting of 'tethered data' instead of using Bell for data) since I know the default bell website address won't work yet. I'm curious if anybody else has ever tried getting the GPS receiver working before 'activating' the phone on their network (as I mentioned earlier, this one is network/provider locked to Bell, though I haven't called them to start any service with them yet).

My phone is near to my actual GPS I've used up until now and the GPS standalone has got 6 satellites, while the i8000 has none. *scratchhead*

Interestingly enough, where I am out in the boondocks (reception is sketchy at times on Bell and Telus phones) I can't get satellite signal on either Google Maps or iGo8.

I was at work today and tried screwing around with the phone (I still don't have a prepaid card, or any plan, nor have I activated the phone) and I got satellite signals (4) almost immediately. Weird.....that seems to indicate that it must have something to do with having good cellphone reception, even though the phone's not actually active. Tres bizarre.

[edit] - confirmed. At work, where reception is good, I turned off the phone in the wireless options, and the GPS wouldn't work at all, in fact it kept prompting me to turn the phone back on. The second I turned it back on, multiple GPS's in Google Maps and iGo found a half-dozen satellites almost immediately. Long story short, the phone doesn't need to be activated, as long as there's a sim card in the phone and the phone CAN pick up cell reception, it will pick up satellites and iGO will be useful. Too bad, I was hoping to be able to replace my GPS unit with my phone on trips but that won't happen if I can't use the phoneGPS in remote areas where there's no cell-reception.

Edited by jawso, 07 April 2010 - 12:25 PM.

jh787

jh787

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:I8000 (OmniaII)

Interestingly enough, where I am out in the boondocks (reception is sketchy at times on Bell and Telus phones) I can't get satellite signal on either Google Maps or iGo8.

I was at work today and tried screwing around with the phone (I still don't have a prepaid card, or any plan, nor have I activated the phone) and I got satellite signals (4) almost immediately. Weird.....that seems to indicate that it must have something to do with having good cellphone reception, even though the phone's not actually active. Tres bizarre.

[edit] - confirmed. At work, where reception is good, I turned off the phone in the wireless options, and the GPS wouldn't work at all, in fact it kept prompting me to turn the phone back on. The second I turned it back on, multiple GPS's in Google Maps and iGo found a half-dozen satellites almost immediately. Long story short, the phone doesn't need to be activated, as long as there's a sim card in the phone and the phone CAN pick up cell reception, it will pick up satellites and iGO will be useful. Too bad, I was hoping to be able to replace my GPS unit with my phone on trips but that won't happen if I can't use the phoneGPS in remote areas where there's no cell-reception.

Have you checked what mode you have the gps in?

It should be in standalone.

Type *#1472365# in to phone and go to settings\gps

jawso

jawso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Have you checked what mode you have the gps in?

It should be in standalone.

Type *#1472365# in to phone and go to settings\gps

That was it!!! I'd been in there before, but obviously didn't turn on/off the right things. I had to tweak a couple settings in the XTRA submenu in addition to putting it in standalone as you suggested, but I now have a functional GPS w/out having activated the phone. Thank you VERY VERY VERY much!!!!

jh787

jh787

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:I8000 (OmniaII)

That was it!!! I'd been in there before, but obviously didn't turn on/off the right things. I had to tweak a couple settings in the XTRA submenu in addition to putting it in standalone as you suggested, but I now have a functional GPS w/out having activated the phone. Thank you VERY VERY VERY much!!!!

No probs mate.

If you are having probs with signal acqisition delay or quality then please see post number 95 onwards on the following thread

http://www.modaco.co...0/#entry1238381

Edited by jh787, 08 April 2010 - 06:22 AM.

y17dt

y17dt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

IGO Amigo data.gro and branding.gro

- Omnia WQVGA resolution 400x240 and 240x400 support (can use in Omnia 2 with correct sys.txt - see below)
- support all Amigo version
- no other resolution in this release... can use in Omnia i900 and Omnia i8000 (tested)

http://rapidshare.co...362855/data.gro

http://rapidshare.co...93/branding.gro

sys.txt

[interface]
resolution_dir="400_240"
skin="ui_igo_easy"

[smartzoom]
minangle=85
maxangle=85

[map]
2dheadup=1
3dlandmarks="1"
3dbuildings="1"
3ddem="3"
3dterrain="1"
3droads="1"

[rawdisplay]
driver=GDI
highres=1
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
stretch=0

[power]
powermgm_state=0

[interface]
maxzoom2d=6000000
shutdown_time=0

[gps]
Port=7
Baud=57600

[registry]
oninit1="HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts\ACSuspendTimeout:DWORD:0"
oninit2="HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts\BattSuspendTimeout:DWORD:0"
oninit3="HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\BatteryTimeout:DWORD:0"
oninit4="HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\ACTimeout:DWORD:0"
onexitreset1="HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts\ACSuspendTimeout:DWORD"
onexitreset2="HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts\BattSuspendTimeout:DWORD"
onexitreset3="HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\BatteryTimeout:DWORD"
onexitreset4="HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\ACTimeout:DWORD"

Hi Dado...

Tried your Data.gro, Branding.gro and sys.txt on my Omnia 2. First time My Omnia really starts Amigo! Thanks for this!
But I got a problem with the display. It looks like there is the Amigo-screen 3times on my Display.
Just look on the pics...
What can I do?
The branding.gro has a size of 3kb, is that ok?
It would b nice, if you could give me an advice

Regards

Attached Files

Darius P.

Darius P.

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Devices:i8000

Hi Dado...

Tried your Data.gro, Branding.gro and sys.txt on my Omnia 2. First time My Omnia really starts Amigo! Thanks for this!
But I got a problem with the display. It looks like there is the Amigo-screen 3times on my Display.
Just look on the pics...
What can I do?
The branding.gro has a size of 3kb, is that ok?
It would b nice, if you could give me an advice

Regards

try to change from highres=1 to highres=0
in sys.txt and in system.ini ig8/save dir.
if doesn't helps try to add:
in [rawdisplay]
autoconfig=1

or look for another data.zip and branding.zip files.

Edited by Darius P., 13 July 2010 - 12:06 PM.

y17dt

y17dt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

try to change from highres=1 to highres=0
in sys.txt and in system.ini ig8/save dir.
if doesn't helps try to add:
in [rawdisplay]
autoconfig=1

or look for another data.gro and branding.gro files.

Hi,

didn´t have highres in system.ini.
Changed it in sys.txt
Also tried [rawdisplay] autoconfig=1
But it didn´t work :(

Do you have working data.gro and branding.gro?

harrymcqueen

harrymcqueen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

iGO8 v8.3.4.117940 data.zip and branding zip for Omnia 2 i8000 (tested)

- Omnia WVGA resolution 800x480 and 480x800 support
- support DA (driver alert) in latest version iGO8 v8.3.4.117940
- no other resolution in this release... not for Omnia i900

http://rapidshare.co...357379/data.zip

http://rapidshare.co...46/branding.zip

sys.txt for microSD card

[folders]
app="%SDCARD%/iGO8"

[interface]
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1
skin="ui_igo8_da"
shutdown_time=0
vga=0

[rawdisplay]
highres=0
autoconfig=1
driver="GDI"

[map]
2dheadup=1
3d_max_tiltlevel=7800
3d_scale_carmodel=1
3dcarsizemin=3000
3dcarsizemax=4500
3dcarsizemul=10000

[feature]
signpost_coloring=1
If you place iGO8 on My storage change this line in sys.txt
[folders]
app="My Storage/iGO8"

Hi, should this data.zip also work with iGO8 v8.3.2.97313? I dont have the 8.3.4.x version.

I have tried various sys.txt and data.zip files none of the combinations worked in fullscreen (800x480) Mode.
My Original data.zip also has 800x480 and 480x800 in its config but only the standard resolution skins worked!!!
Do i need to insert the branding.zip file???

regards
Harry

Dado...

Dado...

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2 WP7, HP iPAQ hx2790
no.. this data.zip is for DA iGO version 8.3.4

but you can try rename folder ui_igo8_da under data.zip and branding.zip to ui_igo8

also dont forget use i sys.txt

[interface]
skin="ui_igo8"

Edited by Dado..., 25 August 2010 - 06:59 PM.

My Device: HTC HD2 (BTTF WP7)
My Old Devices: HTC 7 Pro, Samsung Omnia 2 i8000, Omnia i900...

R3my

R3my

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:i8000
Hi,

It's very nice to see so many replies to this common subject; though I managed to fix the
startup time issue, I feel there is not enough :P.
The battery is discharging too fast- in good sattelite signal conditions, nice weather.

Is there any solution for this?
10x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users